• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Ravens and Cards both fire Offensive Coordinators

Billick fired Jim Fassel today....
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Billick removes Fassel as Ravens O-coord.

NFL.com wire reports

BALTIMORE (Oct. 17, 2006) -- Jim Fassel was fired as offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens, who rank 28th in total offense and have scored 16 points or fewer in half their games.
    "Clearly, in order for us to expand on our 4-2 start, we have to have more offensive productivity," coach Brian Billick said. "It was my opinion going forward, in order to bring about the level of production that we need offensively, to get where we want to go, that I needed to step back in on a day-to-day basis."

as Green fires Rowen
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Cards' Green fires offensive coordinator

NFL.com wire reports

TEMPE, Ariz. (Oct. 17, 2006) -- Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green fired offensive coordinator Keith Rowen and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Mike Kruczek.
    The move came hours after the Cardinals blew a 20-point lead and lost to the Chicago Bears 24-23 on Monday Night Football.
    "I've known Keith for a long time. I have the utmost respect for him," Green said. "We are not scoring enough points."
    Kruczek becomes Green's third offensive coordinator in the coach's 2 1/2 seasons in Arizona.

I'm curious how much better each of these offenses will be with new coaching.

i'm also curious as to what people think about firing an offensive or defensive coordinator midseason.

Anyone?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Ravens and Cards both fire Offensive Coordinators

If the Bills had fired Kevin Gilbride 4 games into the 2003 season.....

Honestly though, the Cards are starting a rookie QB. And the OC didn't give up a fumble or a punt return for a TD. I don't think it will help much.

And Steve McNair is well past his prime in Baltimore. That team needs a QB more than it needs a new OC.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I think this is the coach throwing the OC under the bus to save his job.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

both clubs are acting like fans, and its going to lead to their downfall.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Both places with the HC on the hotseat. No surprise, crap rolls downhill.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Fassel getting canned is a suprise.

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Somebody deserved to lose their job after that debacle last night! There's no way the Cards should have lost and especially in the fashion they lost it.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

yeah...Fassel really has been destroying that explosive offense Billick has had in Baltimore over the years.

The move in Arizona is just going to set back Leinart's develpment...real smart.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Honestly though, the Cards are starting a rookie QB. And the OC didn't give up a fumble or a punt return for a TD. I don't think it will help much.
                  Exactly! This OC comes up with a pretty effective gameplan to hang more points on the Bears than they have had scored on them all year and he becomes the sacrificial lamb because a of few miscues that weren't his fault. I used to like Green but he really threw that dude to the wolves on this one just to take the heat off....what a
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Haha! In the meantime Mularkey still has a job. Poor Fassel.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                      yeah...Fassel really has been destroying that explosive offense Billick has had in Baltimore over the years.

The move in Arizona is just going to set back Leinart's develpment...real smart.

Comment

Working...
                      X