PDA

View Full Version : Calling QB supporters 'boyfriend's' is pathetic

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey

I'm based in England. We have soccer clubs here who we religously support and everybody disagrees who should be on the roster. Of course there is different rules on how we change the roster but everyone goes on line to have a right *****. For me, my team offloaded players they shouldn't have and signed players I disagreed with ... and we are not doing too well.

But hearing so called fans describing other fans as boyfriends because they have a different opinion is the most pathetic, stupid worthless drivel I have ever read on any sports blogs anywhere. It almost makes me ashamed that having followed the Bills since 1990, I might share support of the same team with such neaderthals.

Personally I have mixed opinions on Losman. I hope he will continue to improve but have doubts whether he will ever lead us to the SuperBowl or even the post season even when we upgrade other positions.

I respect the considered opinions of those in favour or against JP and can support those opinions with considered thought.

I am ashamed to share a blog with those who think that personal abuse some how raises their opinion over others.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I agree completely. It's not the first time this has happened over a Bills QB but I don't think we need another label (particularly such an immature one) applied to the hardcore JP supporters.

However, I do not support your use of the superfluous British "u"s in words like favor. The Canucks on this board do that too.

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Piss on David Beckham

Dozerdog
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I still haven't figured out the entire shagging/ wanker thing over there.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Calling a supporter a lover is just as bad as calling someone who criticizes the QB a hater.

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Pat strikes again!

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Calling a supporter a lover is just as bad as calling someone who criticizes the QB a hater.
Unless, a hater thinks he is a lover or a lover thinks he is a hater. Which draws another question, can a person be both a lover and a hater?! :rrich:

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 03:53 PM
David Beckham actually plays in Spain,

Regarding the 'u's I think there is sufficient scope in spelling and vocabulary to suggest that 'American' is actually a language in its own right and not a variation of English.

My current soccer side have a striker who makes the most anti JP supporters seem reasonable compared to my extremely low opinion of him. Yet nobody has ever stooped to verbally abusing his advocates.

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
In England shagging requires two people, wanking requires one participant only. On the point of inflatable dolls and the correct term to use, I think the jury is still out

Philagape
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
No big deal. I just put the childish posts on ignore.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 03:56 PM
No big deal. I just put the childish posts on ignore.
the boards must seem empty to you somedays :laughter:

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Regarding the 'u's I think there is sufficient scope in spelling and vocabulary to suggest that 'American' is actually a language in its own right and not a variation of English.

Are you trying to say that us Americans can't speak the English good?

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
No but even Aussies call flip flops thongs so that we limeys have to accept that our colonials have slowly mangled the Queen's English over the centuries :)

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2006, 04:09 PM
I like Hugh Grant movies!

Inetpub
10-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Calling QB supporters 'boyfriend's' is pathetic

Love the topic. Its like me calling JP Losman a QB. Thats really pathetic!