PDA

View Full Version : new Jersey haters don't read this

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-17-2006, 04:13 PM
The National Hockey League announced on Tuesday the Buffalo Sabres jersey is currently the number one selling jersey on NHL.com. Since the team unveiled its new logo and team colors on September 16, Sabres merchandise has accounted for nearly 10 per cent of all products sold on the web site.

During the period of September 23 to October 16, sales of Sabres merchandise is up nearly 900 per cent from the same period in 2005. Overall sales of league merchandise on NHL.com are up 85 per cent compared to the same period last year.
http://www.sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=682

:dance: :party:

THATHURMANATOR
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
While I am not a huge fan of the logo it is good for the team!

SABURZFAN
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM
i heard im4bflo bought them up for his new salt experiment. :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2006, 04:37 PM
I used to like the Devils when they were bad.

pyrrhonist
10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
I used to like the Devils when they were bad.

:D :lol:

Philagape
10-17-2006, 05:55 PM
I would think new jerseys always sell well because people don't have them :insane:

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I would think new jerseys always sell well because people don't have them :insane:
that's a big part of it...they're new..so of course they're gonna sell a lot

im4bflo
10-17-2006, 07:02 PM
They're the only jersey you can buy, on the Sabres website anyway,
you can get your slug in yellow or pink, which did you buy? :snicker2:
They were pusses, they didn't have the balls to sell the retro side by side with the slug. I'm finally getting to see a televised game here in CA, end of 1st period, and OMG, our original, retro, 3rd logo, is soooo us, I hate that slug even more now, it looks like a little kids logo. We'll see what's selling by the end of the year. I see more retro and goats in the crowd than slugs.
Anyway time for the 2nd period! GO SABRES!

im4bflo
10-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Just for the hell of it,
Slug logo- in FOUR(4) games = 15 goals
BUFFALO SABRES ORIGINAL logo- only TWO(2) games = 16 goals

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Just for the hell of it,
Slug logo- in FOUR(4) games = 15 goals
BUFFALO SABRES ORIGINAL logo- only TWO(2) games = 16 goals

Goals don't matter, it's people who buy the jersey and people are buying the new jerseys the old logo and 3rd jerseys are well... OLD and it's outdated people want NEW!

im4bflo
10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
...and I have to comment, I finally got to see a televised game, and except for once, when they showed a girl wearing an away slug jersey, when they showed the fans, it was either the good old goathead, or my favorite ORIGINAL BUFFALO SABRES logo!!! YES!

jamze132
10-18-2006, 03:30 AM
I saw a lot of goatheads last night on TV.

And for the record, the new logo jersey's will outsell the retro's simply because everyone will be broke from buying the slug. I will be buying a retro soon! I saved my money.

Dude
10-18-2006, 06:16 AM
Jerseys don't score goals.

BillsNick
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Jerseys don't score goals.

No, but you sure can't score a goal without wearing a Jersey!

don137
10-18-2006, 09:30 AM
No, but you sure can't score a goal without wearing a Jersey!
I am sure Shelby would disagree and she can score with or without the jersey on...:naughty:

SkateZilla
10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
as said before most of the haters are forum kiddies looking for attention, though there are a few good and ligitimate people that do dislike the logo...

GThirst
10-18-2006, 10:10 AM
as said before most of the haters are forum kiddies looking for attention, though there are a few good and ligitimate people that do dislike the logo...
Uhhh, no. Anyone relatively informed of the meaning of the logo and understands the team name would be upset by the logo.

1) No white buffalo. Albino animals were said to bring luck in Native American tribes and things of that nature.
2) No swords. We are the Buffalo SABRES. Not Buffalo Buffalos.
3) It doesn't even look like a buffalo. We are not the Buffalo Lightning-with-red-eyes. Or the popular Bannana Slug references and such.

Its a terrible logo to anyone who cares. But I'll take it over the goat head anyway, and I'll learn to live with it.

Though the retro is by FAR the best. A buddy of mine who hadn't seen the new logo (he lives in Cali) said it looked great when he saw the game last night on Vs. Needless to say, I informed him that it was our retro, and proceeded to link him to a picture of the new logo, and he was confused.

BillsNick
10-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I'll tell you what, fellas. I am a hater. But I'm starting to look at it this way. Change is good, and I feel like we are a new team now, ready to write history in the Buffalo area. Clean slate, no more memories of the "skate in the crease".

Also, moving to the slug has allowed us to wear the retro blue and gold, and for that, I love it.

Michael82
10-18-2006, 10:14 AM
You are very wrong.

Michael82
10-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I'll tell you what, fellas. I am a hater. But I'm starting to look at it this way. Change is good, and I feel like we are a new team now, ready to write history in the Buffalo area. Clean slate, no more memories of the "skate in the crease".

Also, moving to the slug has allowed us to wear the retro blue and gold, and for that, I love it.
I hope they start selling the retro jerseys on the website because those would sell even better than the slug. EASILY!

BillsNick
10-18-2006, 10:19 AM
I hope they start selling the retro jerseys on the website because those would sell even better than the slug. EASILY!

I will only buy a retro.

Michael82
10-18-2006, 10:28 AM
I will only buy a retro.
I would buy a Miller retro in a heartbeat. I'm just waiting for them.

I'll also make an exception for a blank home jersey and then buy the retro patch for the chest. :up:

Iehoshua
10-18-2006, 10:29 AM
I love the new logo!

:couch:

It has red Sith eyes!

Philagape
10-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I love the new logo!

:couch:

It has red Sith eyes!

Henceforth it shall be known as ..... Darth Banana

Typ0
10-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the Devils.

GThirst
10-18-2006, 07:20 PM
My bro just picked up a retro.

+1 for retro!

I'm probably going to pick up a practice jersey, blank sabres color jersey, or a sluggalo home jersey.

im4bflo
10-18-2006, 08:22 PM
I'd love to have the new blue and gold, but with our real original logo, it looks awesome together. I'm with Mikey, my plan is to try and get the new without the slug, and put the original logo on it. Or at least get the 3rd jersey, maybe both eventually. But I'll never wear in any way, that kiddie slug logo.

im4bflo
10-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Wow dude, you really have no idea how many people dislike that slug logo.
You'll get it, later than sooner, I guess. But I'd say the kiddies are the ones buying that slug.

Iehoshua
10-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Wow dude, you really have no idea how many people dislike that slug logo.
You'll get it, later than sooner, I guess. But I'd say the kiddies are the ones buying that slug.
I'm 26 and I fully intend to by new logo merchandise!

:up:

I consider myself a kid at heart.
:D

Philagape
10-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm halfway there ... I took the original logo patch off an old jersey I had. Now I just need a new one :D

Michael82
10-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm halfway there ... I took the original logo patch off an old jersey I had. Now I just need a new one :D
Sweet. :up:

Iehoshua
10-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Mikey, stop groaning me you hater!!!

:mad:

im4bflo
10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm there to bro, my old blue&gold jersey has been through many hockey games, but the logo's still look great, I've got my 8" chest patch to cover the slug, and the small ones on the shoulders will work perfectly for covering up slugs on STANLEY CUP CHAMPION hats :up:
I still hate the idea of buying a slug just to cover it up, it gives the illusion that I bought it for the slug. Think I'll go retro(3rd) first!

GThirst
10-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Just buy one without logos, duh.

http://www.homegrownsportinggoods.com/

They don't have the new colors in yet, just give it time.

But yea, buying a Sluggalo jersey then covering it up is just flat out stupid. Dont benefit the sales of that POS.

I'm thinking I'm gonna make a hybrid jersey too, new homo jersey with retro logo.

Earthquake Enyart
10-19-2006, 11:13 AM
I already have a retro.

A #2 jersey from 20 years ago.

JD
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
You dont have many friends do you? Because all my friends who actually FOLLOW the Sabres HATE the jersey but love the jersey scheme&colors. Only a select few like the new logo that I know, and they hardly follow the team at all. Most are just girls who think its "cute". I dont want a "cute" logo representing my city and team.

SABURZFAN
10-19-2006, 07:30 PM
I already have a retro.

A #2 jersey from 20 years ago.

timmy ho!!!!!!or is it jim watson?