PDA

View Full Version : JP lovers

Bling
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Since no one responded to TigerJ in the other thread... I'm curious to hear the JP lovers side of this:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1685649#post1685649

BidsJr
10-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Since no one responded to TigerJ in the other thread... I'm curious to hear the JP lovers side of this:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1685649#post1685649

From an objective side, if what Marinelli said was true and JP was lying,...............

JP would be in deep crap.

If Marinelli was lying, fans would say WTG coach!!!\

You figure it out.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Actually, I did respond to what Tiger J said. Reread. Look for my post.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I really hate quoting myself, but here ya go.

Marinelli runs the Tampa 2 style defense in Detroit. A very stout defense against the pass I might add. Lighting up tampa 2 style defenses through the air, is no easy task for any seasoned QB. Also, this type of defense typically creates alot of turnovers, and is a protype defense in the NFL, and many teams are adopting it. That is why alot of RB 1-2 punches are coming back into play, because defending against the run, is the weakest part of this style of D.

To paraphrase this. JP isnt the only QB that has been punished by this style of defense. Thats the whole point of the Tampa 2, confuse the QB.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 08:34 PM
You can't read a defense with a guy in your face or on your back. Our front 6 couldn't block 4. Nuff said.

TigerJ
10-17-2006, 08:39 PM
for the record, I count myself among JP's supporters. I want him to succeed and turn out to be the QB who will lead this team back to dominance, not to mention some Super Bowl appearances/wins. If JP is not the answer at QB, it means the Bills are back to square one as far as finding a starting QB. I take it as a given that Holcomb is not the answer. There's a chance Nall can do it, but I'm not holdong my breath. I was not trying to get on JP's case. It was an honest question based on what I had seen and heard.