JP's not the problem, but don't expect him to be the solution!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

JP's not the problem, but don't expect him to be the solution!!

JP is not the reason we are losing. Was I hoping that some of the stupid things he does would be eliminated by now? Yes. Is that harder to do on a crappy team? Yes.

The kid is going to have a hard time getting in a rythm when he's blind sided one minute and than has time the next. The line is not consistant and so goes the QB. Period. He is not the reason we are losing. McGahee is not playing all that well. Spikes was horrible on Sunday. Kelsay, Denney, and Schobel cannot generate any kind of pass rush. In turn McGee and Clements are getting smoked. This team is bad.

Do you really think a different QB is going to change our win/loss record? C'mon. Did Leinart play well last night? Damn straight. Did part of me wish he was here? Absolutely? Would we be better than 2-4 with him here? No!!!!
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: JP's not the problem, but don't expect him to be the solution!!

I personally think JP is the solution. If I didnt think he was the solution, I wouldnt want him here.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
      I personally think JP is the solution. If I didnt think he was the solution, I wouldnt want him here.
      he can't be the solution without help...no QB can be,. I think that's what the post is getting at...JP ain't gonna win it all on his own
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The_Philster
        he can't be the solution without help...no QB can be,. I think that's what the post is getting at...JP ain't gonna win it all on his own
        Couldnt agree more. I just feel that he is a big piece to the puzzle, and with the right supporting cast, he could help us win a superbowl.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

I think we finally address the o-line this offseason.

Some things are working against us though.

We are going to let Clements walk and will immediately need a replacement. Your booty hasnt played a single down yet. Most GM's would draft a lock down corner over a OT.

Comment

• Jimbuktu
            • Oct 2004

the only thing we should worry about in the offseason are the offensive and defensive trenches!

YOU CANNOT BUILD A HOUSE WITHOUT A FOUNDATION! IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Neither will lionert, cuttler, young, etal

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jimbuktu
                the only thing we should worry about in the offseason are the offensive and defensive trenches!

Nice analogy Jimbo.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

See ever since Polian left we have had **** for OLmen outside of the young ruben brown. Marv has always, and apperantly is doing so again, went with cheaper/mid round talent hoping they would develop. Its past time to get a REAL OL in here esp at LT.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

we had a pretty good O-line in 95...and for the first part of 96
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Actually, you can. But that's beside the point.

One word - Turnovers. Our offense has been committing too many and our defense hasn't been creating enough.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        JP is not the reason we are losing. Was I hoping that some of the stupid things he does would be eliminated by now? Yes. Is that harder to do on a crappy team? Yes.

The kid is going to have a hard time getting in a rythm when he's blind sided one minute and than has time the next. The line is not consistant and so goes the QB. Period. He is not the reason we are losing. McGahee is not playing all that well. Spikes was horrible on Sunday. Kelsay, Denney, and Schobel cannot generate any kind of pass rush. In turn McGee and Clements are getting smoked. This team is bad.

Do you really think a different QB is going to change our win/loss record? C'mon. Did Leinart play well last night? Damn straight. Did part of me wish he was here? Absolutely? Would we be better than 2-4 with him here? No!!!!
                        It did last year.

4-4 under Holcomb, 1-7 under Losman.

IM not saying we should replace Losman with Holcomb, its pointless now, but a good quarterback really helps to hide flaws on a team.

Look at the Colts, who rank next to last in the NFL in stopping the run, but are 5-0

Same could be said for the Patriots, with no name WR's, or even the Saints.(Who also rank next to last in the NFL in stopping the run)

Quarterbacks go a long way in helping a team.

All the winning teams in the NFL have the top quarterbacks in the league on there team.

In my oponion, it's the main reason why this team hasn't been to the playoffs in 6 years going on 7......We haven't had a quarterback.
                        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

we had a pretty good O-line in 95...and for the first part of 96
                          yeah but polian helped build it. He left in what..93? I think it was that offseason we lost him.

Also brown was a rookie in 95 and marv allowed him to play immediately upgrading the LG spot.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                            It did last year.

4-4 under Holcomb, 1-7 under Losman.

IM not saying we should replace Losman with Holcomb, its pointless now, but a good quarterback really helps to hide flaws on a team.

Look at the Colts, who rank next to last in the NFL in stopping the run, but are 5-0

Same could be said for the Patriots, with no name WR's, or even the Saints.(Who also rank next to last in the NFL in stopping the run)

Quarterbacks go a long way in helping a team.

All the winning teams in the NFL have the top quarterbacks in the league on there team.
                            Uh again I have to correct you, its 2-7 and 3-4. You can hide behind the NFL official stats but the REALITY and the FACTS are Losman won the KC game.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Uh again I have to correct you, its 2-7 and 3-4. You can hide behind the NFL official stats but the REALITY and the FACTS are Losman won the KC game.
                              No its 1-7, and 4-4.

Losman didn't start that game, Holcomb did.

AS A STARTER, Holcomb was 4-4, Losman was 1-7.

Losman came off the bench, Holcomb started the game.

And it wasn't the point of my post.
                              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X