Something unsettling about this team....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Something unsettling about this team....

There's been something bothering me about this team for a while, and it finally occurred to me last night while watching the Cardinals/Bears game.

At the end of that game, both teams came out and played hard. They both wanted to win- they both made plays. Arizona came up short, but it wasn't due to lack of effort.

When the Bills get behind, they crumble. Call it clutch ability, desire, swagger, confidence, whatever- but this team doesn't have it. The second they're hit with the slightest bit of adversity, they go to pieces. It's been that way since at least the Pitt game at the end of '04.

You could see it in the hurried, desperate, pathetic attempt at offense after recovering the onside kick in the Jets game.

You could see it after getting down 13-0 to Chicago and throwing the game away rather than coming back to score and keeping it close.

You could see it after scoring the last TD against the Lions- neither the D nor the O could make the plays to get the win.

I don't know what the answer is- it's not a simple matter of upgrading a position or playing to a player's strength. But just once, I'd like to see this team keep it together and make some plays in a less-than-ideal situation.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Something unsettling about this team....

Totally agree.. It would should alot of mautrity on this team. Which seems to be something we lack on the football field.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      There's been something bothering me about this team for a while, and it finally occurred to me last night while watching the Cardinals/Bears game.

At the end of that game, both teams came out and played hard. They both wanted to win- they both made plays. Arizona came up short, but it wasn't due to lack of effort.

When the Bills get behind, they crumble. Call it clutch ability, desire, swagger, confidence, whatever- but this team doesn't have it. The second they're hit with the slightest bit of adversity, they go to pieces. It's been that way since at least the Pitt game at the end of '04.

You could see it in the hurried, desperate, pathetic attempt at offense after recovering the onside kick in the Jets game.

You could see it after getting down 13-0 to Chicago and throwing the game away rather than coming back to score and keeping it close.

You could see it after scoring the last TD against the Lions- neither the D nor the O could make the plays to get the win.

I don't know what the answer is- it's not a simple matter of upgrading a position or playing to a player's strength. But just once, I'd like to see this team keep it together and make some plays in a less-than-ideal situation.
      This team doesnt have a fiery vocal leader. Its been missing since Kelly left. JP could become it but only when his play merits respect.

McGahee is too busy admiring himself to do it

Evans isnt the type

Fletcher would rather smile and laugh

Spikes is never on the field

Jokes aside, who do we have that is the fiery leader to grab this team by its boot straps and force a win?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
        This team doesnt have a fiery vocal leader. Its been missing since Kelly left. JP could become it but only when his play merits respect.

McGahee is too busy admiring himself to do it

Evans isnt the type

Fletcher would rather smile and laugh

Spikes is never on the field

Jokes aside, who do we have that is the fiery leader to grab this team by its boot straps and force a win?
        good point- it was Spikes when he was on the field, and maybe Vincent to a lesser degree.

On O, you're right- no one like that since Kelly.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DBrown77
          Watching the Bills suck since 1999
          • Mar 2005

AKA: Heart

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DBrown77
            AKA: Heart

BINGO!!

It really happened last season between the musical chairs at QB, and the vet coup attempted on JP. This team and its vets imo, have no faith in him at the QB posistion.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

I am hoping JP will be that vocal guy on offense. When he plays well he usually sits by the WR's and they talk about what it is they did. As far as defense goes, we need some mean mother's over there. Were missing some attitude. Hopefully, TKO regains that role and hopefully another player will help him bring that attitude(maybe Whitner??).

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

it's because JP has no poise and QB leadership. It's because JP talks a bunch of crap like he's a kid on a playground pretending he's a great QB...guys who have been in the league a long time don't warm up to that crap. Bash me if you want. It is what it is.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
                  it's because JP has no poise and QB leadership. It's because JP talks a bunch of crap like he's a kid on a playground pretending he's a great QB...guys who have been in the league a long time don't warm up to that crap. Bash me if you want. It is what it is.
                  JP has to prove himself to us. Leinart didnt have to prove nothing, neither did Young. Halfway through the season their team mates were already calling them out to play. And Leinart delivered. When JP first tried to do this, he was shown no respect by some of our veteran players, hence, Moulds is no longer here. JP he has been embraced by his team as a leader. He just has a different way of leading. Some QB's like to get in peoples faces and blab, others like to lead by not talking and by body action. After Gandy gave up that big sack, did you notice how Losman moved away from the OL and sat by himself on the bench? That sends a pretty clear message to me. It sends the message: "hey, Im in charge, you ****ed up and let me down, I dont even wanna sit by you if you keep that up."

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

JP isnt going to throw any team mates under the bus. Part of the reason he is being embraced is because of that. He doesnt call any team mates out and make a scene, because that just causes animosity towards them. He is leading just fine.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                      After Gandy gave up that big sack, did you notice how Losman moved away from the OL and sat by himself on the bench? That sends a pretty clear message to me. It sends the message: "hey, Im in charge, you ****ed up and let me down, I dont even wanna sit by you if you keep that up."
                      You mean JP gave them the silent treatment?

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        JP has to prove himself to us. Leinart didnt have to prove nothing, neither did Young. Halfway through the season their team mates were already calling them out to play. And Leinart delivered. When JP first tried to do this, he was shown no respect by some of our veteran players, hence, Moulds is no longer here. JP he has been embraced by his team as a leader. He just has a different way of leading. Some QB's like to get in peoples faces and blab, others like to lead by not talking and by body action. After Gandy gave up that big sack, did you notice how Losman moved away from the OL and sat by himself on the bench? That sends a pretty clear message to me. It sends the message: "hey, Im in charge, you ****ed up and let me down, I dont even wanna sit by you if you keep that up."
                        I don't agree he was shown no respect. Those guys felt the team was headed in the right direction in the previous season. They wanted DB in there. They wanted to win a superbowl. A lot of them had been told for half a decade to hang in there we were going to get the talent to win. The organization did not produce and then they were told to hang in there a couple more years while some punk kid takes his lumps. How do you expect them to respond? Besides, as far as I am concerned that's the type of response JP needs in order to get him out of that punk mentality.

You also said it yourself...Leinhart delivered. Sure he made a couple bad plays, but in the end he drove the team down where they were in a position to hit the winning FG and the kicker missed, When was the last time JP did that? Where was he in Detroit last week? You don't teach those things. You don't learn those things. You either know them and do them or you don't.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
                          I don't agree he was shown no respect. Those guys felt the team was headed in the right direction in the previous season. They wanted DB in there. They wanted to win a superbowl. A lot of them had been told for half a decade to hang in there we were going to get the talent to win. The organization did not produce and then they were told to hang in there a couple more years while some punk kid takes his lumps. How do you expect them to respond? Besides, as far as I am concerned that's the type of response JP needs in order to get him out of that punk mentality.

You also said it yourself...Leinhart delivered. Sure he made a couple bad plays, but in the end he drove the team down where they were in a position to hit the winning FG and the kicker missed, When was the last time JP did that? Where was he in Detroit last week? You don't teach those things. You don't learn those things. You either know them and do them or you don't.
                          I dont care why or how it happened, it happened. You proved my point. Leinart didnt have to deal with this, before JP even played a single game, he had to start winning over team mates for him even being drafted. What did this kid do wrong to deserve this? He did nothing wrong. Just because JP looks like some punk surfer kid doesnt mean he is one, the similarities end there. JP delivered versus Minnesota, a game we were 10+pt underdogs in, and while he didnt put up huge numbers versus Miami, they still won the game. And his team mates respect that too. As far as the Detroit and Chicago game goes, it wasnt just JP that looked bad. It was the WHOLE team, 75% of the team wasnt playing well. Nobody ever mentions that. The point is, JP has gone through harsh scrutiny, just because he was drafted and Bledsoe was let go; while, many other rookies would have broken and become busts, he kept on fighting. I admire that.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            You mean JP gave them the silent treatment?
                            lol, I meant exactly that.

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

I think the difference is apparent if you're a Sabres fan aswell.

When the Sabres struggle early and get behind, you EXPECT them to come back. That's the kind of team they are. They're the perfect mix of skill and heart. The Bills have neither, and when they get behind earlier and face some adversity, they crumble. Whenever the Bills get down early you know the game's over. I hate that feeling.
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X