PDA

View Full Version : Marv says the Bills were talking with the Bucs about Booger

X-Era
10-17-2006, 09:53 PM
He was on Wham.

Heres the kicker, he said the Bucs wanted a 1st rounder and that the Bills only thought he was worth a 3rd.

Well, he got traded to the Colts for a 2nd. :idunno:

It appears the Bills had no intention of moving Clements.

Joe Fo Sho
10-17-2006, 09:58 PM
He was traded for a 2nd round pick. I really wish we could've gotten him, hopefully Hargrove will be worth something....

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=4487

Kerr
10-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Well that's good to hear. At least marv tried. I was afraid he made no effort to improve this team's run defense. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I would not have given a 1st for booger either.

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I wouldnt give a first for Booger either.. NOt our first rounder anyway, it will be too high of a pick, first half of the first round for sure.

Second rounder.. maybe.

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
He was on Wham.

Heres the kicker, he said the Bucs wanted a 1st rounder and that the Bills only thought he was worth a 3rd.

Well, he got traded to the Colts for a 2nd. :idunno:

It appears the Bills had no intention of moving Clements.
The Bills 3rd rounder will be only a several slots lower than the Colts' 2nd rounder. So who's counting?

Mahdi
10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Giving up a second round pick would not be a good idea for Buffalo. We need our first day picks to improve our lines with young players, im glad the deal wasnt made. If it was for Clements then I would have been fine with it, as long as they gave us something else with Booger.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Our 2nd round pick is more like a late 1st round pick. Our 3rd round pick is more like a late 2nd.. You get the point.

Coach Sal
10-17-2006, 11:21 PM
For most teams in the league, Booger is not worth a 2nd rounder. He's underachieved and has been very average for a 1st round DT (he was 15th overall).

For Indy, their run defense sucks and they are close to winning a championship, so a 2nd is understandable.

For the Bills, I would have been pissed if we gave up a 2nd for him. He'd only be a part of the rotation and we are no where near a championship.

Tinboy
10-18-2006, 01:23 AM
For most teams in the league, Booger is not worth a 2nd rounder. He's underachieved and has been very average for a 1st round DT (he was 15th overall).

For Indy, their run defense sucks and they are close to winning a championship, so a 2nd is understandable.

For the Bills, I would have been pissed if we gave up a 2nd for him. He'd only be a part of the rotation and we are no where near a championship.

Well said! :clap:

jamze132
10-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Giving up a second round pick would not be a good idea for Buffalo. We need our first day picks to improve our lines with young players, im glad the deal wasnt made. If it was for Clements then I would have been fine with it, as long as they gave us something else with Booger.
Well if you think about it, you are drafting the guy you trade for with that pick, so what's the difference? The difference is that you know what kind of production you will get.

Mahdi
10-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Well if you think about it, you are drafting the guy you trade for with that pick, so what's the difference? The difference is that you know what kind of production you will get.
The difference is a 22 year old versus a 30 year old. This is a young team that is hungry, we should keep going in that direction.

jamze132
10-18-2006, 07:26 AM
The difference is a 22 year old versus a 30 year old. This is a young team that is hungry, we should keep going in that direction.
Mike Williams was 22 once...

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2006, 07:45 AM
I agree about the 3rd rounder. The guy is good but almost 30.

Saratoga Slim
10-18-2006, 08:42 AM

Exactly. This was a great deal for the Colts, who are already Super Bowl contenders and need mostly to shore up the interior of their DL in order to improve their chances of taking home the trophy. We're not in the same position. Save the draft picks and build for next year and 2008.

Saratoga Slim
10-18-2006, 08:45 AM
That said, I have much less of a problem signing a 30 year old DT this offseason for the same price as McFarland, to help out the run defense for next year. My quarrel is with losing a 2nd round draft pick AND shelling out a large veteran salary.

Anyone know what DTs will be on the FA market this winter?