PDA

View Full Version : Lions' Rogers suspended four games

G. Host
10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2630061
The two-time Pro Bowl performer tested positive, sources said, for a product that Rogers used to help him control his weight. Those sources declined to specifically identify the substance, or to say when the positive test took place, but it is believed to have occurred either in the offseason or the preseason. The substance that precipitated the positive test is not considered an anabolic steroid. But the violation still falls under the purview of the NFL's steroid and related substances policy, and not the substance abuse policy. Under the latter, a player must test positive multiple times to mandate a suspension. A violation under the steroid and related substances policy earns a player an immediate four-game suspension, even for a first offense.

He gets suspended for 'NFL's steroid and related substances policy' AFTER his team plays Buffalo for a violation which occurred during preseason. Jets, who play Lions next, get off easy!

kernowboy
10-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Get the feeling that this is just not our season?

jamze132
10-18-2006, 03:45 AM
We should be given the win by default since their players cheat!

j/k... I am sure every team, to include Buffalo has offenders. But remember, you don't go to jail for robbing a bank, you go to jail for getting caught, or if you are Barry Bonds' friend, for keeping your mouth shut.

TigerJ
10-18-2006, 07:51 AM
We should be given the win by default since their players cheat!

j/k... I am sure every team, to include Buffalo has offenders. But remember, you don't go to jail for robbing a bank, you go to jail for getting caught, or if you are Barry Bonds' friend, for keeping your mouth shut.

Have you really thought about the logic of your statement? On one hand you state the NFL should rule retroactively on game results based on substance abuse. Then you say everything is OK until you're caught.

jamze132
10-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Have you really thought about the logic of your statement? On one hand you state the NFL should rule retroactively on game results based on substance abuse. Then you say everything is OK until you're caught.
You must have missed the "j/k" part. Otherwise you might get it. (j/k means just kidding.)

RedEyE
10-18-2006, 08:14 AM
That's fine, but what we really need to find out is who put the lead in McGee's cleats?!!

HHURRICANE
10-18-2006, 08:17 AM
That's fine, but we really need to find out is who put the lead in McGee's cleats?!!:lmao:

TigerJ
10-18-2006, 08:30 AM
You must have missed the "j/k" part. Otherwise you might get it. (j/k means just kidding.)

It took me a couple years to figure out "LOL." I can only absorb this computer lingo a little bit at a time.

Michael82
10-18-2006, 10:18 AM
:shocked:

Jeff1220
10-18-2006, 10:31 AM
I wonder what how Vrabel feels about this.:yap:

ICE74129
10-18-2006, 10:45 AM
yeah immagine that. he was killing us all day sunday but NOW he gets suspended. Brilliant!!!

jamze132
10-19-2006, 07:50 AM
yeah immagine that. he was killing us all day sunday but NOW he gets suspended. Brilliant!!!
Maybe Tom brady will come out of the closet finally this week?

BleedinGreenNC
10-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah baby!!!

Mitchy moo
10-19-2006, 11:26 AM
It took me a couple years to figure out "LOL." I can only absorb this computer lingo a little bit at a time.

Never again:

<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=4 width="85%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>AAK</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Alive And Kicking</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>AAR</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>At Any Rate</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>AAS</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Alive And Smiling</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>ADN</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Any Day Now</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>AFAIK</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>As Far As I Know</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>AFK</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Away From the Keyboard</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>AFN</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>that's All For Now</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="15%">AOTA</TD><TD>All Of The Above</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="15%">a/s/l or asl</TD><TD>Age/Sex/Location - (used to ask a chatter their personal information)</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="15%">AV</TD><TD>Avatar - Graphical representation (a picture) often used in chat rooms to depict a person that is in the room and chatting.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>b4</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Before</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BAK</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Back At Keyboard (I'm back)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BBL</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Be Back Later</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BBS</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Be Back Soon</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>BCNU</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>I'll Be Seeing You.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>b/f</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Boyfriend (also shown as bf, B/F, or BF)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BEG</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Big Evil Grin</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BFN</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Bye For Now</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>BMA</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>Bite My A** (became popular with the Simpson's cartoon show)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>boot</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>To get kicked out of a chat room, or have to restart the computer because you couldn't talk in the chat room anymore.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BR</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Best Regards</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BRB</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Be Right Back</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="15%">BRH</TD><TD>Be Right Here</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>BSEG</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>Big S**t Eatin Grin</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BTA</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>But Then Again....</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>BTW</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>By The Way</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>btw</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>BeTWeen you and me ...</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>chat room</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>A web page where people gather using software that allows them to talk to one another in real time.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>CRS</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>Can't Remember S**t</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>CU</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>See You - also posted as cya</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>CUS</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>Can't Understand S**t (stuff)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>CNP</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Continued in Next Post (seen more on message boards than chat)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>CP</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Chat Post</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>CUL8R</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>See You Later</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>CUOL</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>See You On Line</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="15%">CYA</TD><TD>See Ya</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>dd, ds, dh</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>Darling or Dear: Dear Son, Dear Daughter, or Dear Husband. Usually exchanged in family chats.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>DDSOS</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>Different Day, Same Old S**t</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>DEGT</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Don't Even Go There (I don't want to talk about it)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>DIKU</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Do I Know You?</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>DIS</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Did I Say</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="15%">D/L, DL, d/l, dl</TD><TD>Downloading, or Download it.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>EG</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Evil Grin</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>EM</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>E-Mail</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>EMA</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>E-mail Address (example: ?ema or ema? = what is your email address)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>EOT</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>End Of Thread (meaning end of discussion)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>ez or EZ</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>easy (one of the really old ones)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>F2F</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Face To Face</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FAQ</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Frequently Asked Question</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FISH</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>First In Still Here (someone who is on line TOO much)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FITB</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Fill In The Blanks</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>flame</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>to insult someone. Used when a person asks a stupid question, or says something rude to irritate the users of a chat room or message board.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FOCL</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Falling Off Chair - Laughing</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right height=20>forum</TD><TD vAlign=top height=20>What todays message boards are called. Often using php as defining language to quickly write 'real time' messages and replies to a web site (or page)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FTS</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>F*** This S***</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>fu</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>f*** you (If you can't figure this one out, you shouldn't be on line)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FUBAR</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>"Fouled" Up Beyond All Repair / Recognition</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FUD</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FWIW</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>For What It's Worth</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>FYI</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>For Your Information</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>GA</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Go Ahead</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>GAL</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Get A Life</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right width="15%">gest</TD><TD>Gesture ... a small multimedia file played over the internet, usually expressing an emotion or comment.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width="15%" height=20>g/f</TD><TD vAlign=top width="71%" height=20>Girlfriend (also shown as gf, G/F, or GF)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.web-friend.com/help/lingo/chatslang.html

TigerJ
10-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks, Skooby, rather than cut and paste the list, i just bookmarked the website.

Slim
10-19-2006, 11:16 PM
fubar?