• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Fish news!

Fledgling Dolphins offense adds Marcus Vick to roster

Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick rejoined the Miami Dolphins as a receiver Tuesday after spending the first six weeks of the season on their practice squad.

Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick rejoined the Miami Dolphins as a receiver Tuesday after spending the first six weeks of the season on their practice squad. To make room on the roster for Vick, the Dolphins terminated the contract of wide receiver Cliff Russell. He played in three games and caught two passes for 14 yards.

How desperate do they have to be? Competition in free fall with Bills!
  • !Papacrunk!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Fish news!

The guy he's replacing in a sense (Russel) has mostly only played on ST. Marty Booker has been out (which I think he'll be coming back this week,) was replaced by rookie Derek Hagan who was able to get 66 yards on 6 catches, plus Welker has been doing really great this year, so who knows what capacity Vick will play. At least Vick has been a hard worker ever since his tryout, through camp, and good enough to get promoted from the PS squad, so hopefully he's put his bad days behind him, who knows.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Apparently the Dolphins are trying not to be out-thugged by the Hurricanes....

Honestly, if I were a Dolphins fan I'd be really concerned by this signing because of what Marcus Vick really is: a QB. You KNOW Mularkey has to be salivating over some ridiculous double-reverse pass play where Vick throws downfield to C-Pep out of the backfield.

And he'll probably run it on a two point conversion or on a 4th down from Miami's own 34 yard line.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbry
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

Honestly, if I were a Dolphins fan I'd be really concerned by this signing because of what Marcus Vick really is: a QB. You KNOW Mularkey has to be salivating over some ridiculous double-reverse pass play where Vick throws downfield to C-Pep out of the backfield.

And he'll probably run it on a two point conversion or on a 4th down from Miami's own 34 yard line.
        Other then the last thing you mentioned, Vick will add something to our team.
        And at this point it doesnt matter what.
        Even if its just Bills fans talking about it.
        Why are the Dolphins ALWAYS in bills fans minds?

BB

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bigbry
          not always. Just sometimes we get sick of talking about how bad the Bills are, so we have fun talking about how the Dolphins are EVEN WORSE.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

BB
            Look who's talking.?The guy who spends 90% of his time attempting to smack the bills at FH instead of talking about the fins in the main forum.

BTw, you sure didn't have a problem when media always had the fins on their mind thinking that they were going to the sb. Now it's a problem if we laugh at your fins?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
              • Sep 2004

BB
              Like another arrest record?

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Honestly, if I were a Dolphins fan I'd be really concerned by this signing because of what Marcus Vick really is: a QB.

Wow, as bad as your team is you have the nerve to say that?? Vick will be a fifth WR. Why should we be worried?? Thats a stupid statement, adding a player with the speed and talent Vick has can't possibly hurt. Vick will also be avalible for kick and punt returns aswell as WR and possible QB positions. We should be worried about a versatile player?? If I were a Bill fan I'd be worried about why a completely healthy JP Losman couldn't win against an 0-5 Lions team. How many more games does he get before you accept the fact that TD went out of his way to waste more valuable DP's??? If I were the Bill fans, that would be my worry.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  Wow, as bad as your team is you have the nerve to say that?? Vick will be a fifth WR. Why should we be worried?? Thats a stupid statement, adding a player with the speed and talent Vick has can't possibly hurt. Vick will also be avalible for kick and punt returns aswell as WR and possible QB positions. We should be worried about a versatile player?? If I were a Bill fan I'd be worried about why a completely healthy JP Losman couldn't win against an 0-5 Lions team. How many more games does he get before you accept the fact that TD went out of his way to waste more valuable DP's??? If I were the Bill fans, that would be my worry.
                  You missed my point entirely.

You should be worried because of Mularkey. Mularkey is going to devise some assinine trick play with this guy and it will be to the detriment of your team. Remember the HB pass on the two point conversion to tie? He did it in Pitt, he did it to us- he did it to you and he'll do it to you again.

With a different OC this guy could be an asset (if he doesn't get arrested before he ever takes the field). Mularkey will turn him into a liability.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Wow, they signed another guy with character issues. Color me unimpressed...

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

You missed my point entirely.

You should be worried because of Mularkey. Mularkey is going to devise some assinine trick play with this guy and it will be to the detriment of your team. Remember the HB pass on the two point conversion to tie? He did it in Pitt, he did it to us- he did it to you and he'll do it to you again.

With a different OC this guy could be an asset (if he doesn't get arrested before he ever takes the field). Mularkey will turn him into a liability.

Uhhh, what about Fairchild???? Is he doing any better then MM?? I know Bill fans refuse to understand football and cause and effect, but are you ever gonna give the players any responsibility for the outcome of the plays being called?? You act like the plays that are called determine success or failure only! How ignorant do you have to be to believe that???

I don't care what play is called if the players don't execute the plays properly the plays will fail. Honestly what sport do you watch?? You go out of your way to place blame on MM, but thats only when he was a Bill or Dolphin. But what about your team this year?? Is it the playcalling or the players??? See when Miami had DW there was a trend, we always had a great D, but our O was weak and one dimensonal, not 1 year, not 2 years, not 3 years....but 5 years we had the same formula with DW. He never made an effort to improve the O. You can't say that with MM, he was a Bill just two seasons.

One good season, one bad and neither of those seasons were his team, they were TD's team and where is TD now? You Bill fans are clueless, you trash people you shouldn't trash, and blame people you shouldn't blame. Christ your own GOD Marv Levy wanted MM to return, why do you think that is?? MM had JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb as his choices at QB last year, name me one veteran coach in the league that could have won with that as their options, much less a 2ND year HC. You cry and whine about the play calling last year, but what about experience and execution??? Bill fans are frikin clueless. You deserve the failure your team endures.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Uhhh, what about Fairchild???? Is he doing any better then MM?? I know Bill fans refuse to understand football and cause and effect, but are you ever gonna give the players any responsibility for the outcome of the plays being called?? You act like the plays that are called determine success or failure only! How ignorant do you have to be to believe that???

I don't care what play is called if the players don't execute the plays properly the plays will fail. Honestly what sport do you watch?? You go out of your way to place blame on MM, but thats only when he was a Bill or Dolphin. But what about your team this year?? Is it the playcalling or the players??? See when Miami had DW there was a trend, we always had a great D, but our O was weak and one dimensonal, not 1 year, not 2 years, not 3 years....but 5 years we had the same formula with DW. He never made an effort to improve the O. You can't say that with MM, he was a Bill just two seasons.

One good season, one bad and neither of those seasons were his team, they were TD's team and where is TD now? You Bill fans are clueless, you trash people you shouldn't trash, and blame people you shouldn't blame. Christ your own GOD Marv Levy wanted MM to return, why do you think that is?? MM had JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb as his choices at QB last year, name me one veteran coach in the league that could have won with that as their options, much less a 2ND year HC. You cry and whine about the play calling last year, but what about experience and execution??? Bill fans are frikin clueless. You deserve the failure your team endures.
                        LMAO at a fish fan trying to talk trash. What about your big FA QB signing? How's that working out for you? And those SB aspirations?

Come back when you a) have more than one win and b) beat the Bills. Until then, Fish fans are not in a position to accuse another team of failure or talk smack.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

LMAO at a fish fan trying to talk trash. What about your big FA QB signing? How's that working out for you? And those SB aspirations?

Come back when you a) have more than one win and b) beat the Bills. Until then, Fish fans are not in a position to accuse another team of failure or talk smack.
                          Big FA signing isn't back from his knee injury yet, it's not unheard of, Willis McGahee ring a bell?? How long did it take him to recover??

Every week we are giving the game away it has nothing to do with the coaching or playcalling. However we are still ranked higher on both O and D then the Bills and that's with MM and an injured Daunte Culpepper, your healthy JP can't win anything he didn't beat the dolphins we gave the game away he passed for all of 83 yards he did nothing in that game. Whens he gonna step up and play like a first round DP?? Ever??? Miami has a chance to turn this season around, our D is one of the best in the league and our O will start to settle down with a heaty mobil QB. Your team is done, your O and D suck...as usual. Our backup Joey Harrington is twice the QB JP is. How can I say that?? Because Joey has the stats to prove it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Big FA signing isn't back from his knee injury yet, it's not unheard of, Willis McGahee ring a bell?? How long did it take him to recover??

Every week we are giving the game away it has nothing to do with the coaching or playcalling. However we are still ranked higher on both O and D then the Bills and that's with MM and an injured Daunte Culpepper, your healthy JP can't win anything he didn't beat the dolphins we gave the game away he passed for all of 83 yards he did nothing in that game. Whens he gonna step up and play like a first round DP?? Ever??? Miami has a chance to turn this season around, our D is one of the best in the league and our O will start to settle down with a heaty mobil QB. Your team is done, your O and D suck...as usual. Our backup Joey Harrington is twice the QB JP is. How can I say that?? Because Joey has the stats to prove it.
                            wow, you are delusional.

You really think the Dolphins being ranked higher on O and D means jack ****? You lost to us and you have a worse record. It may change over the course of the season, but right now, the Dolphins are not as good as the Bills. Deal with it.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bluehaze
                              • Sep 2006

I was concerned at first but I'm pretty sure he's just coming in to take some load off Welker returning kicks. Welker has a bruised calf from the Jets game and didnt practice today. And honeslty if we're gonna do these stupid trick plays where the RB throws the ball i'd rather see Vick throwing it than Ronnie Brown It really doesnt matter anymore the seasons over anyway might as well have some fun losing.

Comment

Working...
                              X