PDA

View Full Version : Bills struggle in the trenches (Part II)

The_Philster
10-18-2006, 04:43 AM
Tuesday's article (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/10/bills-trenches-struggle171006.html) took a look at the struggles of the Bills' defensive line so far this season. Even more disappointing than that group is Buffalo's offensive line, which has fared terribly in the team's lackluster 2-4 start.
Many are quick to blame quarterback J.P. Losman because it's more convenient, but it's difficult for him or running back Willis McGahee to perform well when the blocking up front is below average. Through six games this year, it's fair to say the Bills' O-line remains one of the worst in the league, and it has been for the last decade....more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/10/bills-offensive-line181006.html)

kernowboy
10-18-2006, 05:18 AM
Phew, I have actually started calling for Butler on the right. Butler is not ever going to be ready if he is not played. The Pats are playing O'Callaghan, and both Runyan and Tauscher were not high pics but were thrown in. Lets give him games and see how he goes.

Not so sure about Peters at LT. Would rather see a career player there and I could see him being an extremely dynamic guard, a stalwart like Larry Allen. I am also reluctant to see him move to the left as I think we are all saying LT in R1 or R2 in the next draft. Though Reyes has done ok, we need better than ok. Likewise with Villarial.

My apologies to Melvin. I have been slatting him in other posts as I thought Jeff Mitchell might've been a better pick up.

To replace Gandy again I say sign Mike Pearson until the end of the season. As the TSN.ca say about him

"Very fast. Can pull and block on the move. Excellent height and wingspan. Has improved as a pass protector. Smart and competitive, with good technique"

Sounds like everyhting Gandy isn't as Gandy is playing like Gandhi at the moment. Peters alongside would both compliment their natural speeds and ability and Pearson has only ever been a bookend so should know what its all about by now

A line of

Pearson - Peters - Fowler - Preston - Butler

Not bad