PDA

View Full Version : Fairchild needs to make JP the "Great White Vick"

HHURRICANE
10-18-2006, 08:39 AM
I live in Atlanta and I honestly believe the Falcons would be better with Schaub under center. (My opinion is not in the minority down here either) However, a few years back when the Falcons were really sucking, Vick came in and made a huge difference in the psyche and performance of this team. He was the play maker and a difference maker.

Our OL sucks. But we have two excellent blocking TE's, a mobile QB, and a good RB. Why not set up our offense to play with Losman in that role. Just like Vick he has a cannon for an arm, he's fast (not Vick fast, but fast), and like when he was in Tulane, JP seems to throw better on the run.

We are not winning and with the way this season is going why not put some excitement in the fan base and on the field? I think the kid would thrive in that setup.

Inetpub
10-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I would prefer JP be labelled "THE GREAT WHITE HYPE" if you want to use great white. Cause he is all hype and no results!

billsfairweatherfan
10-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I live in Atlanta and I honestly believe the Falcons would be better with Schaub under center. (My opinion is not in the minority down here either) However, a few years back when the Falcons were really sucking, Vick came in and made a huge difference in the psyche and performance of this team. He was the play maker and a difference maker.

Our OL sucks. But we have two excellent blocking TE's, a mobile QB, and a good RB. Why not set up our offense to play with Losman in that role. Just like Vick he has a cannon for an arm, he's fast (not Vick fast, but fast), and like when he was in Tulane, JP seems to throw better on the run.

We are not winning and with the way this season is going why not put some excitement in the fan base and on the field? I think the kid would thrive in that setup.
you want to put excitement in to the fans ? get rid of jp .replace him with areal qb and start winning again.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2006, 08:52 AM
JP seems to throw better on the run.

I agree, JP throws better when its a busted play.

HHURRICANE
10-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Can we stay on topic please. Again, from what I have seen, JP hasn't lost us a game on his own this year. I'll be the first to rip him if he does.

justasportsfan
10-18-2006, 09:01 AM

I was wondering about that. I used to wonder if Atlanta's OC could do something about Losman. On second thought, we can't change the entire philosophy of the team because of one guy. We don't have the OL to do so. That won't work with Evans either like it didn't work for Price when he was coming off his best year and moved to Atlanta.

It's either JP learns how to play our offense or he's out of here. Just like Kelly had to learn the no huddle.

blackonyx89
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Uhhhh,he's Latino. Not White.

HHURRICANE
10-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Uhhhh,he's Latino. Not White.

My thread would sound pretty bad with the "Great Spic Vick" !!

HHURRICANE
10-18-2006, 10:19 AM
I was wondering about that. I used to wonder if Atlanta's OC could do something about Losman. On second thought, we can't change the entire philosophy of the team because of one guy. We don't have the OL to do so. That won't work with Evans either like it didn't work for Price when he was coming off his best year and moved to Atlanta.

It's either JP learns how to play our offense or he's out of here. Just like Kelly had to learn the no huddle.

When your game plan isn't winning you games I think you need to look at your talent. I'm not asking to change the team for one player. If anything I'm asking one player to change for the sake of the team. Our philosphy doesn't work with this patch work OL. Why not use JP, McGahee, Everett and Royal in a way that emphasizes their strengths??

justasportsfan
10-18-2006, 10:28 AM
When your game plan isn't winning you games I think you need to look at your talent. I'm not asking to change the team for one player. If anything I'm asking one player to change for the sake of the team. Our philosphy doesn't work with this patch work OL. that usually happens in your first year of rebuild. Doesn't mean our system is bad, just yet. It could mean they are struggling while learning the new system and team don't usually have the right players to run their system in the first year of rebuild.

Why not use JP, McGahee, Everett and Royal in a way that emphasizes their strengths?? that has nothing to do with trying to turn JP into Vick. You guess is as good as mine with that question.

I think Fairchild is trying his best to use Willis but the OL is a work in progress. I think Royals is being used to his strengths which is blocking which is why we don't have him catching the ball. Everrett by all intensive purposes, is a rookie when it comes to experience.

bocephuz
10-18-2006, 10:40 AM
I think a Jake Plummer offense would be a better fit. JP has looked pretty good when they do 3 step drops ( see end of Detroit game) and when he has moved around and improvised.

It's when they go to the traditional 5 step drop, down field passes where he has trouble. I think this happens for two reasons ( #1 . O Line can't hold their blocks that long #2. JP has a little Rob Johnson in him.. i.e.. holding on to the ball a little too long and taking a sack)

So going forward:

1.) Use 3 step drop short passing game to get him in rhythm
2.) Use shotgun, rollouts and play action to buy him time rather than trying to do 5 step drops and having things collapse around him.

Dont drink the water
10-18-2006, 11:30 AM
JP is not as mobile, dynamic or willing to catch a STD so I would not try to turn him into a white version of Vick.

bocephuz
10-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Let us not forget the latino connection...

http://kisforkat.com/Pictures/ronmexico.jpg

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Usually when Vick has a bad game running the football, it means he is having another outbreak.

Inetpub
10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Can we stay on topic please. Again, from what I have seen, JP hasn't lost us a game on his own this year. I'll be the first to rip him if he does.
And the safety in game 1? or what about the 3 ints vs Chicago? Last person to touch the ball on the Bills team was JP Loserman. But you know what, Its never JPs fault. Seeing as I dont ever recall any team in history to safety and cost a team a game before this year. Leave it to JP to probably join an elite few.

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 01:38 PM
And the safety in game 1? or what about the 3 ints vs Chicago? Last person to touch the ball on the Bills team was JP Loserman. But you know what, Its never JPs fault. Seeing as I dont ever recall any team in history to safety and cost a team a game before this year. Leave it to JP to probably join an elite few.

Really, reading your responses, I would be lead to believe its always JP's fault.

HHURRICANE
10-18-2006, 01:47 PM

Last I remember, NE got the ball with almost 7 minutes on the clock and brought it all the way down to the 15. They could have easily kicked the field goal but decided to just run out the clock with the lead. I also seem to recall McGahee not making a crucial 4th and 1 when we were already in field goal range. The safety was irrelevant because we needed 7 points to win the game. In Chicago the Bears scored on their first five possesions. I don't rememeber JP playing LB in that game.

I'm okay with JP criticism but when it's factual. JP didn't play well in Chicago and the safety shouldn't have happened. Neither situation cost us a game.

justasportsfan
10-18-2006, 01:50 PM
He lost those games ALL ON HIS OWN?

TacklingDummy
10-18-2006, 02:04 PM
I found the perfect O-line for JP Losman. The only problem is they might be alittle old.

T: Anthony Munoz
G: Joe DeLamielleure
C: Dwight Stephenson or Kent Hull
G: John Hannah
T: Dan Dierdorf
TE: Kellen Winslow

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 11:36 PM
I found the perfect O-line for JP Losman. The only problem is they might be alittle old.

T: Anthony Munoz
G: Joe DeLamielleure
C: Dwight Stephenson or Kent Hull
G: John Hannah
T: Dan Dierdorf
TE: Kellen Winslow
We should have Gandy, Bennie Anderson, Teague, Merz and Butler. That would be all-pro.

gr8slayer
10-18-2006, 11:58 PM
I am of the impression that you should coach to your players talents. I dont think that the coaching staff is allowing JP to do what he does best, throw on the run, and just plain run.

Take Vince Young for example, he thrived his senior year because Mack Brown started to let him be who he was, he didnt try to make him a pocket QB, he allowed him to run around and make things happen.

Or even Mike Vick, look at how much less of a threat he was when Mora tried to convince him that he was a West Coast System QB.

It would be like asking Shaud Williams to line up at Center and block Grady Jackson.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 12:00 AM
I am of the impression that you should coach to your players talents. I dont think that the coaching staff is allowing JP to do what he does best, throw on the run, and just plain run.

Take Vince Young for example, he thrived his senior year because Mack Brown started to let him be who he was, he didnt try to make him a pocket QB, he allowed him to run around and make things happen.

Or even Mike Vick, look at how much less of a threat he was when Mora tried to convince him that he was a West Coast System QB.

It would be like asking Shaud Williams to line up at Center and block Grady Jackson.
I would definately like to see more bootleg plays, similar to what Denver does with Plummer.. Our OL isnt right for that system though.

TigerJ
10-19-2006, 09:08 AM
I agree with you, Hurricane, that Atlanta would be better with a more traditional QB, whether it Schaub (if he's good enough) or someone else. I really don't want JP to be turned into a "White Vick." I'd rather he be a QB first and an athlete second. That said, I think in an effort to teach JP some discipline, the coaching staff may have reined in his tendency to take off and run a little too much. Sometimesafter he runs around, he produces a great play (the TD to Parrish), but he also takes some sacks looking for something to come open. It's hard to get a feel for the right balance, but I think I might like to settle for a few less big plays that are solely dependent on JP's impressive athleticism, in exchange for a little more consistency and a few more runs when the play isn't there.