PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Its a good thing San Fran never gave up on Steve Young...

Philagape
10-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Forked from: Its a good thing San Fran never gave up on Steve Young... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1687564)

I agree JP should remain the Bills QB because he remains their best option for now. However, his lack of consistency is the reason people are down on him. It isn't enough for a QB to make some really good plays and some really bad plays, they need to perform consistently. JP showed some improvement early in the year, but he still is far too inconsistent. That doesn't have anything to do with the team around him.

That gets me wondering, how many QBs in the league have been consistently good this year?

Brady? No
Pennington? No
Culpepper/Harrington? Obviously no

Roethlisbeger? Hell no
Palmer? Yes
McNair? No
Frye? No

P. Manning? Yes
Leftwich? No
Collins/Young? No
Carr? Not after last week

Plummer? No
Rivers? Yes
Green/Huard? No
Brooks/Walter? No

McNabb? Yes
Eli Manning? No
Brunell? No
Bledsoe? No

Grossman? Not after Monday night
Kitna? No
Favre? No
Johnson? No

Delhomme? No
Brees? Yes
Vick? No
Simms/Gradkowski? No

Bulger? Yes
Hasselbeck? No
Warner/Leinart? No
Smith? No

So that’s six QBs in the league who have been consistently good.

Inetpub
10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Good post but I think your implication that Consistent and consistently good are getting mixed up. JP is inconsistent because he'll make good plays. Learn from them and revolt back to his old habits. The other QBs will adjust and play with consistency. They know thier weaknesses and will adjust with the game. JP to me seems to make the same mistakes weekly. That is a good list of Consistently Good QBs but I dont think its a list of consistent QBs. Ones that will play and not make the same mistakes over and over. Its not saying they'll throw TDs every posession but its implying the ones that make 2 tds/game make 2tds per game. They make 30 yard rushing per game. They lead the way for the game. They adjust with it and consistently act in a manner that is thier own. JP's is constant in 1 aspect of his game. That is being inconsistent.

Night Train
10-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Forked from: Its a good thing San Fran never gave up on Steve Young... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1687564)

That gets me wondering, how many QBs in the league have been consistently good this year?

Brady? No
Pennington? No

Roethlisbeger? Hell no
Palmer? Yes
McNair? No
Frye? No

P. Manning? Yes
Leftwich? No
Collins/Young? No

Plummer? No
Rivers? Yes
Green/Huard? No
Brooks/Walter? No

McNabb? Yes
Eli Manning? No
Brunell? No
Bledsoe? No

Kitna? No
Favre? No
Johnson? No

Delhomme? No
Brees? Yes
Vick? No
Simms/Gradkowski? No

Bulger? Yes
Hasselbeck? No
Warner/Leinart? No
Smith? No

The big fast athletes all wish to play D these days.

I think the D quality over the last 20 years has more than doubled. Seems most teams are trying to patch together a paper OL to stop a D avalanche they encounter weekly. JMHO.

In turn, the QB looks more helpless than ever. The days of cement shoe/brain QB's like Bledsoe are going the way of the Dodo. You have to have mobility and think fast on your feet. You must also get some actual help from your teammates in order to succeed.

Not making excuses for the poor play of Losman or any O Lineman on our team. Seems 75 % of the teams are in the same boat. One week good, one week bad. Only the bad teams like us have one week good and two weeks bad.

Stewie
10-18-2006, 10:34 AM
JPL has what it takes to succeed. Give him the season, evaluate him next year.

feelthepain
10-18-2006, 10:36 AM

Brady? No
Pennington? No

Roethlisbeger? Hell no
Palmer? Yes
McNair? No
Frye? No

P. Manning? Yes
Leftwich? No
Collins/Young? No

Plummer? No
Rivers? Yes
Green/Huard? No
Brooks/Walter? No

McNabb? Yes
Eli Manning? No
Brunell? No
Bledsoe? No

Kitna? No
Favre? No
Johnson? No

Delhomme? No
Brees? Yes
Vick? No
Simms/Gradkowski? No

Bulger? Yes
Hasselbeck? No
Warner/Leinart? No
Smith? No

How many of those QB's lost to the Lions??? None.

Dr. Lecter
10-18-2006, 10:38 AM
JP lost to the Lions?

I thought the team did.

feelthepain
10-18-2006, 10:41 AM
JP lost to the Lions?

I thought the team did.

Hmmm, I'll remember that.

ICE74129
10-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Hmmm, I'll remember that. remember what? That no matter how bad the Bills are, your team sucks worse? That No matter what JP does he is better than Cullpepper and paid MUCH less?

Yeah, make sure you remember that.

feelthepain
10-18-2006, 10:50 AM
remember what? That no matter how bad the Bills are, your team sucks worse? That No matter what JP does he is better than Cullpepper and paid MUCH less?

Yeah, make sure you remember that.

Our O and D are better then yours and JP has done absolutley nothing......ever to be considered better then Culpepper.

Dr. Lecter
10-18-2006, 10:50 AM

So how does it feel that your team lost to JP Losman?

:rofl:

ICE74129
10-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Our O and D are better then yours and JP has done absolutley nothing......ever to be considered better then Culpepper.

and the LOSMAN led bills still beat your team...at your place. So how is it your D and O are better than ours? Stats? the only one that matters is we beat you.

jmb1099
10-18-2006, 11:21 AM
I can't believe you are still posting smack. I shouldn't even be responding, but its like a train wreck, its horrible, but I can't look away.

If your offense and defense were so good you'd have a winning record or at least be even. But the fins couldn't even beat the lowly Buffalo Bills, in Miami, at the home opener. I know you enjoy stirring the soup up over here, but at this point you don't even have a spoon to stir with.

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 11:25 AM
You really shouldnt be talking. JP was at the helm when we beat your precious phins. Its really hard to talk crap about our QB when you have Glassknee aka Mr.Love Boat and Joey Harrington over there. :respect:

Inetpub
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Culpepper doesnt lose games. His team does! Dont blame Culpepper its his horrible OL and bad D. Culpepper has the arm of a Greek god and speed of Michael Jackson running to the playground!! Also hes got a new team and coaches to adjust to. Heck hes a 6 year rookie! Give him time and you will see. I would compare him to Steve Young or Brett Farve.

Hmmm..

This is starting to sound familiar...go figure.

Originally Posted by feelthepain
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
So how does it feel that your team lost to JP Losman?
So JP Losman wins games for us but he cant lose them? Double standard? We can give him all the credit on a win but we cant point the finger when he throws 3 Ints?

Dr. Lecter
10-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I think you missed the point.

ICE74129
10-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I think you missed the point.Oh I know he did. How many seasons has cullpepper been a STARTER in this league?

Inetpub
10-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
I think you missed the point.
Oh I know he did. How many seasons has cullpepper been a STARTER in this league?
Nope. I didnt miss any point. You guys are setting a double standard. I dont care how long hes been in the league because JP's been in the league for 3 years. If you want to say say that really it was his first year then KH really has never been a starter. Even if hes been in the league for 10 years.

Seriously, your posts use the same moronic excuse after excuses. And guess what? Thats all they are. EXCUSES to make it sound like JP is better than he is. Im looking at facts! Facts that I dont just pull out of the air. These arent random instincts Im pulling them from. I know JP has an arm and feet. Ive watched him play. Only thing is, HE CANT WIN! Winning 23% percent of your games you start isnt impressive. And to hear you guys Bull a load of excuses is utter crap! Your ideas mean nothing if you dont support them.

Seriously I dont give two hoots about Bullpepper. I dont like Miami. But you can use the same excuse after excuse for him as you guys are using with JP or any other QB in the league that isnt playing well. If you came in with facts about what he is doing right and where he needs to improve, Im all ears. Otherwise I'll call BULL when I see BULL. BULL***** is BULL***** no matter how u color it.

BidsJr
10-18-2006, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Inetpub] I know JP has an arm and feet. Ive watched him play. Only thing is, HE CANT WIN! Winning 23% percent of your games you start isnt impressive. QUOTE]

Jim Kelly Stat line first 16 starts

1986 buf | 16 | 285 480 59.4 3593 7.5 22 17

Oh btw Bills were 4-12, so he couldn't win either. Maybe we should have cut him.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Akili Smith only played in 2 games in 1999, 11 in 2000, 2 in 2001, and 1 in 2002.

He could win the Comeback player of the Year and the Rookie of the year Awards if he came back to the NFL and reached his potential.

BidsJr
10-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Akili Smith only played in 2 games in 1999, 11 in 2000, 2 in 2001, and 1 in 2002.

He could win the Comeback player of the Year and the Rookie of the year Awards if he came back to the NFL and reached his potential.

That is an awesome comparison considering that Akili Smith was a career 46% passer and showed zero in the NFL. Not considering he couldn't even pick up the offense with a pathetic work ethic.

JP's numbers from the first 6 games would cement him as Arizona's starter for at least 10 out of the last 15 years.

At least a lower tier QB.

Hopefully he can get better. But don't use crap comparisons like that, they only reveal your intellect.

Dr. Lecter
10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Nope. I didnt miss any point.

My point was, is that he comes in talking smack about JP losing to Detroit. If he wants to take that stand, then he also needs to admit JP beat the Fishies.

Inetpub
10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
My point was, is that he comes in talking smack about JP losing to Detroit. If he wants to take that stand, then he also needs to admit JP beat the Fishies.
Sounds Fair. I dont like the fish anyways and we did beat them. :)

im Kelly Stat line first 16 starts
1986 buf | 16 | 285 480 59.4 3593 7.5 22 17
Oh btw Bills were 4-12, so he couldn't win either. Maybe we should have cut him.
Hmm. There is 2 BIG Difference. The last 2 numbers there are his TD/Int in the 16 games. That was his Rookie year. I'll be happy with ANY Rookie that throws for 22 TDs.
Fastforward to 2006, JPs TOTALS so far.
TOTAL 19 14 405 222 54.8 2493 6.16 58 14 14 70.5

19 games, 14 TDS 14 Ints. Thats not even a TD/game ratio. If you are expecting us to win with 14 TDs in 19 games? With the amount of Running TDs this team has made for us (a whole 3 this year), that just wont do. He is the leader of our offense. Im not saying he has to throw TDs by the play but production starts with him and on his shoulders. Cant score if he doesnt throw. Now we can partially blame the OL and such but Ive seen the games. Hes not being sacked every play. He might be pressured alot but not everyplay. Otherwise he'd have no TDs. Hes gotta produce when hes got the chance. Even if its very little.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
That is an awesome comparison considering that Akili Smith was a career 46% passer and showed zero in the NFL. Not considering he couldn't even pick up the offense with a pathetic work ethic.

But don't use crap comparisons like that, they only reveal your intellect.

Im sorry, I should of used....

David Klingler.... 4 games in 1992, 14 in 1993, 10 in 1994, 3 in 1995, 1 in 1996 and 1 in 1997

oops, what's wrong with me....

ok ok, i got it. how about...

Andre Ware? 4 games in 1990, 1 in 1991, 4 in 1992 and 5 in 1993. MY god what were the Lions thinking not giving Ware a oppurtunity to shine?

Just kidding with ya. I know I should of used this guy, this guy had HoF written all over him. Rocket arm, could scramble, upside, yada yada yada...if only he had a O-line or coaching or vets liking him or whatever excuse fit at the time.

1995: 1 game, 3 of 7, 24 yards, 42.9%, 0 TDs 1 Int
1996: nothing
1997: 5 games. 22 of 28, 78.6%, 344 yards, 2 TDs 2 Ints, also ran for a TD

1998: (His 4th rookie year) gets traded somewhere, in 8 games goes 67 of 107, a nice 62.6 comp. %, 910 yards, 8 TD and only 3 INTs in limited action.

1999: (His 5th rookie year) 2 games, 25 of 34, improves his comp. % to 73.5%, 2 TDs and 0 Ints.

2000: ( his 6th rookie season) 12 games, 175 of 306, drops off alittle on comp % to 57.2 %, 2125 yards, 12 TDs, 7 Ints

2001: (the NFLs only 7th year rookie) 8 games, 134 of 216 62.0 % .......

Im sorry I can't go on anymore.

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 07:40 PM
I can't believe you are still posting smack. I shouldn't even be responding, but its like a train wreck, its horrible, but I can't look away.

If your offense and defense were so good you'd have a winning record or at least be even. But the fins couldn't even beat the lowly Buffalo Bills, in Miami, at the home opener. I know you enjoy stirring the soup up over here, but at this point you don't even have a spoon to stir with.
Miami's record sucks, and they still havent reached the hardest part of their schedule yet. That fish fan has so much faith in his QB's, little do they realize that Culpepper and Harrington are fish food. I could see Miami drafting a QB with their number one pick.