PDA

View Full Version : Speed weapon of choice for best defenses

patmoran2006
10-18-2006, 12:23 PM
http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2630486

Great piece

OpIv37
10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Speed on D is good except for the DT position. These penetrating one-gap DT's don't get the job done.

patmoran2006
10-18-2006, 02:29 PM
The article shows that there is nothing wrong with the system we're playing, just the Rooty Poos we have in the front four at the forefront of it.

justasportsfan
10-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Na, forget that article. We should've gone for Leinart. :ill:

patmoran2006
10-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Na, forget that article. We should've gone for Leinart. :ill:
Cutler

justasportsfan
10-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Cutler
eitherways. Marv was stoopid for going D first.

YardRat
10-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Whitner's going to be a stud. I'm surprised Marv is still being critcized for the pick.

Defenses win championships, and Marv knows this. Wouldn't bother me one bit if we concentrated on defense again in next year's draft.

patmoran2006
10-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Whitner's going to be a stud. I'm surprised Marv is still being critcized for the pick.

Defenses win championships, and Marv knows this. Wouldn't bother me one bit if we concentrated on defense again in next year's draft.
Me neither...... I wouldnt be surprised if 3 of our first 4 picks are defense again.. ESPECIALLY if like Fletcher, Kelsay and possibly Spikes are gone.

kernowboy
10-19-2006, 07:56 AM
I don't think they'll ignore the LT for too long, no later than 2nd round but I see defence being the focus of the draft as we have stuck until looking in free agency for defence. Reading the article, each team whether they are playing 3-4 or even 4-3 have a grunt doing the donkey work. Take the Bears, for every Tommy Harris there an Ian Scott. with the Steelers there is Aaron Smith and his Casey Hampton. While Kyle Williams has done really well, I just don't think he is big enough and we need a slow, big NT who can collapse the pocket and free up the likes of Tripplett or McCargo. As the draft is very poor in DTs I can see us spending a couple of picks at the end of Day 1, start of Day 2 to see if we can get a diamond in the rough. They don't need to be athletes - we already have those, they need to be footballers of the blue collar variety. Damion deRosia, Mike deVito, and possibly Justin Harrell. All would be a step up from Anderson