PDA

View Full Version : I am going to try to be optimistic here

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-18-2006, 03:06 PM
So the bills season hasent gone the way we would have liked it so far. Im still hoping for a 7-9 season, but unless the team pulls it together sooner rather than later, it appears that may not happen.

The point i want to make is, this team is a young team, and just take a look at the nucleus of up and coming players that we have. Tim Anderson, Angelo Crowell, Keith Ellison, Lee Evans, JP Losman, Willis McGahee, Roscoe Parrish, Jason Peters, Duke Preston, Ko Simpson, Donte Whitner, and Kyle Williams are all age 25 or younger, and all of them have either started or made significant contributions this season. That list leaves out Youboty who has yet to make his debut, or Pennington and Butler. Most of those players are offensive players, showing we are very young on the offensive side of the ball. Also only 4 starters on this team are 30 or over. Those are Fletcher, Moorman, Shelton, and Villarrial.

Nobody thought this was going to be our year, but our time may be on the horizon, as that group of young players grow into their primes. Granted we are still 2 or three offensive lineman and a stud DT away from even thinking about contention, but hopefully Marv will make the right moves and this team can finally break its 7 year playoff drought.

As for this season, lets hope for the best! Nothing is impossible!

Go Bills!

OpIv37
10-18-2006, 03:07 PM
You lost all your credibility by putting Tim Anderson on that list. The guy doesn't contribute and he flat out sucks.

Typ0
10-18-2006, 03:08 PM
I still think we can win this week in spite of JP Losmans safeties, fumbles, sacks and interceptions. How's that for optimism?

Typ0
10-18-2006, 03:09 PM
we're basically at the point where we need our crappy team to overcome the poor QB play we've had for years.

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-18-2006, 03:09 PM
You lost all your credibility by putting Tim Anderson on that list. The guy doesn't contribute and he flat out sucks.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->I do believe he starts

so he cant really be left off that list.

I do however think he sucks

Typ0
10-18-2006, 03:10 PM
if you had left him off the list perhaps Bellichick wouldn't have known he was starting...and therefore would have had one less weakness to prepare to exploit. Did you ever think of that?

OpIv37
10-18-2006, 03:15 PM
I do believe he starts

so he cant really be left off that list.

I do however think he sucks

honestly, most of the guys you listed are good and will provide a good nucleus for the future.

But the key is the OL and the DL. We simply have to get better at stopping the run, rushing the passer and protecting the QB to let all the guys you mentioned have a chance to show their skills

alohabillsfan
10-19-2006, 08:51 AM

I have to concur!

kernowboy
10-19-2006, 09:17 AM
We do need a big NT to replace Anderson. Justin Harrell would be a start or maybe Tank Tyler from the NCst Wolfpack

We only need a Left tackle in the draft who we can get in Round 2. I think either Butler or Pennington can start on the right, Preston or Merz can replace Villarial, Fowler has been ok/good, Peters could be an awesome LG leaving one vacancy

I think a nasty DE like Bazuin wouldn't hurt. I think a stud LB like Pozluzny will make us forget TKO and Fletcher Baker.

Youboty cannot play worse than Clements so even with rookie mistakes its an upgrade.

If we can get Daniel Graham in free agency and Ernest Wilford to be our big No2 receiver then we have a good team with few weaknesses