• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

BREAKING NEWS!!!

There were some non-credible dirty bomb threats reported to go off in NFL games in Cleveland, Miami, Seattle, New York, Oakland, and Houston. Supposivly not to happen but still the Homeland Security passed on this information. So the whole 5 people slated to go to the Oakland game, u might want to keep an eye out.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!

Link?

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
      There were some non-credible dirty bomb threats reported to go off in NFL games in Cleveland, Miami, Seattle, New York, Oakland, and Houston. Supposivly not to happen but still the Homeland Security passed on this information. So the whole 5 people slated to go to the Oakland game, u might want to keep an eye out.

is this supposed to be funny? It's not funny at all. In fact, you might think it's freedom of speech but the supreme court has ruled that doing things like "yelling fire in a crowded moviehouse" are not protected under free speech.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Especially when many of the members here are Bills season ticket holders and will be attending the Bills game Sunday.

I hope they search people extensively.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

An Internet message claiming that seven NFL stadiums will be hit with dirty bombs this weekend was met with "strong skepticism" Wednesday by government security officials.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Especially when many of the members here are Bills season ticket holders and will be attending the Bills game Sunday.

I hope they search people extensively.
            Pointless.

An effective dirty bomb would have to be too large to be hidden in clothing- it would have to be in it's own briefcase-size or larger container, and those are already banned from the stadium.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

reported on wgr.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

You would be surprised as to what people can get into the stadium. Although I am hoping they search much more closely from now on.

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

Yeah but the scary part is if they set it off downwind to a stadium, but who knows. when i first put that link up, (i work at news station), it was kinda hyped, of course, but as it turns out its just more and more just some stupid terrorist empty threat.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Pointless.

An effective dirty bomb would have to be too large to be hidden in clothing- it would have to be in it's own briefcase-size or larger container, and those are already banned from the stadium.
                    Would you actually have to get it into the Stadium or would just setting it off in the parking lot be good enough? Lets just say I wouldn't want to be around to find out.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      Would you actually have to get it into the Stadium or would just setting it off in the parking lot be good enough? Lets just say I wouldn't want to be around to find out.
                      depends on the size of the bomb.

Inside the stadium would be more effective because dirty bombs aren't capable of covering wide areas- it would be able to hit a very large number of people in a relatively small area and would probably expose everyone in the stadium to some level of radiation.

A dirty bomb in the parking lot could be dangerous as well- it's just unlikely to hit as many people, won't be on national TV and won't create a panic scene of people trying to evacuate the stadium.

Keep in mind, though, that it's extremely difficult to get enough radiological material to create a dirty bomb. If this report is credible, it means the terrorists would have had to get enough material for multiple bombs in multiple cities without the CIA, FBI or other law enforcement entity noticing. That's damn near impossible.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

I just heard this on News Radio too. Stadiums included some in NY and FLA.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Pointless.

Could be dropped from a plane?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                            is this supposed to be funny? It's not funny at all. In fact, you might think it's freedom of speech but the supreme court has ruled that doing things like "yelling fire in a crowded moviehouse" are not protected under free speech.
                            He is not trying to be funny. I just heard it here in Dallas as well

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

I'm smart enough to detonate a dirty bomb in a stadium if I had the materials and had any desire to do so...I'm sure there are scum bags out there who are smart enough as well. It seems they would be better served blowing up the superbowl though.

Comment

Working...
                              X