PDA

View Full Version : so much hate..

Tatonka
10-19-2006, 12:27 AM
i used to read and post here every day, several times a day.. the board was always full of good bills info and good conversation about the bills.. i am not a twilight zone guy.. i pretty much stay in here.. but man.. lately all the hating from all sides is ridiculous.. i dont remember a time when so many fans were so divided on everything.. the qb, the coach, the gm, the lbs.. the dline.. the oline.. everything..

maybe i have a selective memory.. i remember the qb debate raging around here forever.. since rob johnson/flutie to bledsoe (which i was a big part of) to holcombe and jp.. but it seems like the debates have just gotten stupid now.. people constantly posting threads to make others look stupid.. people insulting each other.. it is getting to a point where it is just obnoxious. some people literally post nothing positive.. they come on to the board to complain, talk about how awful things are, and call people nuthuggers..

we are all bills fans for **** sakes..

i hope the team wins this weekend.. because if they dont.. the crying around here is going to be so bad that it will be a waste of time looking for a meaningful thread.

gr8slayer
10-19-2006, 12:35 AM
i used to read and post here every day, several times a day.. the board was always full of good bills info and good conversation about the bills.. i am not a twilight zone guy.. i pretty much stay in here.. but man.. lately all the hating from all sides is ridiculous.. i dont remember a time when so many fans were so divided on everything.. the qb, the coach, the gm, the lbs.. the dline.. the oline.. everything..

maybe i have a selective memory.. i remember the qb debate raging around here forever.. since rob johnson/flutie to bledsoe (which i was a big part of) to holcombe and jp.. but it seems like the debates have just gotten stupid now.. people constantly posting threads to make others look stupid.. people insulting each other.. it is getting to a point where it is just obnoxious. some people literally post nothing positive.. they come on to the board to complain, talk about how awful things are, and call people nuthuggers..

i hope the team wins this weekend.. because if they dont.. the crying around here is going to be so bad that it will be a waste of time looking for a meaningful thread.
I question whether or not some people here are really Bills fans.

Tatonka
10-19-2006, 12:44 AM

i may say that at times, but honestly, i doubt people who were not bills fans would waste their time on a bills board..

i am just tired of seeing people who havent given up on the new coach or the new qb or our gm called out all the time.

or maybe i am just not as intense about the bills anymore (although i dont think that is the case) because i am just not that upset.. i feel like the team is going to be ok.. i havent lost all hope.. i feel like the team will win more games this year.. will win some big games this year.. will grow and continue to move in the right direction.

the thing that kills me though is seeing so many people jump on and off the bandwagon so often.. people hate jp, then love him, then want him cut.. people hate the dj hiring and the marv hiring, then love it when we play good against NE and kill miami, then something like matt lienart has a good game and bills are total douches for not picking him.. it is just getting old.. i dont remember the fans being so apt to just jump ship on an opinion they had the week before.

Devin
10-19-2006, 01:22 AM
You are right about that T, 2 years ago these forums were a lot different.

CuseJetsFan83
10-19-2006, 01:36 AM
alot of people just want to start arguments........ and its really sad when you have 2 "factions" going against each other "pro/con this person/that person/this thing/thatthing"

its going downhill, but still is alot more behaved than other forums

ddaryl
10-19-2006, 01:55 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said !!!!

but it's not happening just here. This kind of hateful rhetoric is happenng all over internet forums based on multiple topics and subjects.

Typ0
10-19-2006, 04:02 AM
the forums haven't changed. Buffalo sports fans have always been hot and cold week to week based on whether we win or not. The only difference is people are losing some patience now. This is a blue colar town. People are underpaid and overworked and dinero isn't easy to come buy. We have been sold crap for years now. People are sick of buying crap based on blind faith.

The_Philster
10-19-2006, 04:31 AM
alot of people just want to start arguments........ and its really sad when you have 2 "factions" going against each other "pro/con this person/that person/this thing/thatthing"

its going downhill, but still is alot more behaved than other forumsThat's pretty bad...cause this has deteriorated pretty badly :ill:

CuseJetsFan83
10-19-2006, 04:35 AM
the forums haven't changed. Buffalo sports fans have always been hot and cold week to week based on whether we win or not. The only difference is people are losing some patience now. This is a blue colar town. People are underpaid and overworked and dinero isn't easy to come buy. We have been sold crap for years now. People are sick of buying crap based on blind faith.

its not just that though......everywhere is going through this.... its like.....
think of some of those games you'd go to with pro-drew and anti-drew...... and they were literally fighting.... at least some of the bills games i went to it was like that.......

i see that same crap at su basketball games.... and its just a trend that will continue sadly......

while i admit that i would be quite peeved for a constant crap product or a non-producer..... i highly doubt i would resort to violence *sober or drunk* because person X is or isnt playing/coaching/etc.

while yes, sports and other things can feel like your only thing in life... it is just in fact a game, and is supposed to be a release from "life" instead of another wrinkle in the scheme of things.

don't get me wrong, im a huge football fan... played it for 13, but eventually you realize your not going to make the nfl, and live those dreams.... and you also grow up instead of living vicariously through people who probably don't care who you are, but i will not fight someone just because they think im "not a fan", but in the same token, i dont feel like i'd have to prove anything either.

its like trying to compare people at the pinto to the casual home fan..... to me both are fans, but to others there is a difference, and might even call one of them fake. (guess which)

its damned if you do, damned if ya dont.... either have to be a sheep or you're not one of them

CuseJetsFan83
10-19-2006, 04:39 AM
That's pretty bad...cause this has deteriorated pretty badly :ill:

yes, but this is still civil as compared oh. i wanna say 3 years ago....... when you had flutie and bledsoe............ and you had people in fisticuffs because drew called time out......

don't get me wrong, i love passionate fans, but thats just idiocy

and if you would have seen me after the game against the jets last month, i doubt you would see me gloating or any of that.... its just not me........ i was more afraid of getting jumped lol... that was my first victory at the ralph lol... but in the same token, i appreciate the razzing and all of that, because thats what happens when you go on someone else's turf. the part i didn't appreciate was some punk throwing rocks and pouring beer on my car..... that was uncalled for, but eh... what can i do..... its not like the erie county sheriffs deputized me.

kernowboy
10-19-2006, 04:45 AM
I do think the blip of the Donahoe/Williams/Mularky years which promised so much and delievered so little and failed to deliver in such an arrogant way such as drafting McGahee when we had such great needs has caused a significant backlash.

I know it is hard to preach patience when we have been patient for so long but I think we have to accept that it will take more than one season for Levy/Jauron to turn it around.

As old-schoolers I am confident they will learn from their mistakes, they wil draft well again in 2007 but will make a huge step forward in free agency having got stung last year.

A lot of it is about luck and in the salary cap era, you cannot turn a roster around overnight but I am reassured by a couple of upcoming quirks or twists of fate:
1) the absolute position we are crying out for is LT and there is an absolute feast available in next years draft
2) although free agency is going to be poor unless players are released, the one position we do need is a receiving TE and here FA in comparatively deep.

In all the parts of the team where we have a weakness, there is potential to make a significant step forward in either FA or with the draft. Whilst it is disappointing that this is going to be another losing season, I do have hope with this management compared to Donahoe and the like who treated fans as if they were stupid

The_Philster
10-19-2006, 04:46 AM
Well, the Flutie-Johnson era was the worst I've ever seen...Bills fan against Bills fan in an extreme way. Death threats were even received because of internet debates. It was nuts...and some people still haven't let that one go. At the games and off the boards in general, some of that hatred spilled over at times. The way things are now, they haven't deteriorated to that extent...as of yet. But there are some posters who might take it to that level before too long if things don't shape up.

CuseJetsFan83
10-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Well, the Flutie-Johnson era was the worst I've ever seen...Bills fan against Bills fan in an extreme way. Death threats were even received because of internet debates. It was nuts...and some people still haven't let that one go. At the games and off the boards in general, some of that hatred spilled over at times. The way things are now, they haven't deteriorated to that extent...as of yet. But there are some posters who might take it to that level before too long if things don't shape up.

yeah i agree on that one....

it's just nice though that i can come here and get razzed and what not in all clean fun, but i can go to forums of my own team, and im getting called out for not being passionate enough.... like i said i have nothing to prove, and i'll be damned if i had to.

do i think it will get to that extreme of a level.. i'd sure hope not..... but then again, people never cease to amaze me

jmb1099
10-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Great thread and great thoughts. When I first came here I enjoyed it very much, and I'm still on this sight all the time. I don't mind a good debate, but that isn't what's happening here.
When I was at the Jets game I was sitting up in the 300 sections and there was a guy in front of me yelling after an incomplete pass "he's not checking his receivers, he's holding the ball too long, he's not reading the defense right"
Now everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but this guy was yelling this like 5 or six plays into the game. The second thing is that there was no way possible for him to have seen weather or not the downs were being checked or weather or not the defense was being read properly or not. The first two plays of the gmae he declared both times Losman got lucky. Now my wife who doesn't know a whole lot about football asked me why this guy was being this way? She said you'd think the qb slept with his wife or something the way he was yelling and carrying on.
Well it is what it is I suppose, but this blind hate is crazy. Death threats? Over an opinion related to football? That's not being a fan that's being seriously unbalanced. The people doing that need serious help. People its football! Put it into perspective some of you guys are parents, husbands, wives, whatever. Time to give the hate a rest.

Earthquake Enyart
10-19-2006, 07:04 AM
You are right about that T, 2 years ago these forums were a lot different.
Seems to me that that Bledsoe / anti-Bledsoe "discussion" got just as disturbing as the discussion is here now.

mybills
10-19-2006, 07:05 AM
the part i didn't appreciate was some punk throwing rocks and pouring beer on my car..... that was uncalled for, but eh... what can i do..... its not like the erie county sheriffs deputized me.

As a Bills fan I was embarrassed that another Bills fan threw beer on my 13 yr old son on his way to the porta-potty..just because he was wearing a Jets jersey. I don't want other Bills fans acting like that. :down:
I don't expect to have to walk him over to to take a leak, but I guess I'm gonna have to next time. :cynic:

X-Era
10-19-2006, 07:16 AM

If hugging my nuts means that I will enjoy the game of football, hug on brother, hug on!

X-Era
10-19-2006, 07:18 AM

Thats not hard to question at all when every single move was the wrong one and some hate so many players, or even just one from the team

I dont know how you can be a true Bills fan and hate them so much

HHURRICANE
10-19-2006, 07:29 AM
i used to read and post here every day, several times a day.. the board was always full of good bills info and good conversation about the bills..

That's what years of losing does. So go back to "happy land" if you don't like it. Winners don't accept losing. When Ralph put's a better product on the field than things can go back to the way they used to be.

ICE74129
10-19-2006, 07:35 AM
5-6 jerks are causing most of this. What gets me is the administration knows its INTENTIONAL and wont sit these clowns. It doesn't matter what we do, good or bad, they are going to come on here and between games INTENTIONALLY ripping on JP just to cause ****.

HHURRICANE
10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
5-6 jerks are causing most of this. What gets me is the administration knows its INTENTIONAL and wont sit these clowns. It doesn't matter what we do, good or bad, they are going to come on here and between games INTENTIONALLY ripping on JP just to cause ****.

I half agree with you. You and I are in the category of give JP a chance. There are those that think JP is awful and are allowed their opinion as well.

Where it gets bad is when people don't back anything up. Give us options. Tell us why somebody stinks or is great. McGahee gets a pass here all of the time. I'm okay with passionate fans just not stupid ones.

Night Train
10-19-2006, 08:09 AM
I think 99.9 % of the people here are true Bills fans..little question.

Many can be critical but still post very sharp observations and ideas. The Bills deserve to be hammered at present, since the current product is bad.

Unfortunately, some just repeat the same bellyaching ad nauseum in multiple threads, adding nothing to the discussion. It's more of a desperate attention grab than anything and also a personal desire to win a Tony award for " Best Billszone Drama Queen ".

Hmmm...maybe Dozer or the other admins should have a weekly Top 10 " Billszone Drama Queen " list. :D

If 50-60 people vote for you, it's hard to deny it. :lol: Might force some self reflection.

don137
10-19-2006, 08:14 AM
I run into fellow Bills fans down here in Charlotte and they do not like this site because everything is all negative and nothing positive. Now its tough to be positive about 7 years of poor product on the field and poor leadership in the front office but there is reason to be negative but I agree it should not be Wys like and come out in every post. To be honest there are only a few posters that99% of there posts are negative but they post so much its gives the site a bad name. The best thing to do is put them on ignore because there are also a lot of good posters here and even the negative ones have a right to be here.

EDS
10-19-2006, 08:41 AM

I agree. Unfortunately, I think there are a few people on the board now who, due to the style and nature of their posts, have instilled a level of viciousness into the forum that was never evident before. We all know who the responsible parties are.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Their has been some vicious posts, but what is wrong with being split? As long as we can find a way to argue respectfully it can be pretty productive. I just wish those who post something negative, can post something positive too. There are a couple people here that just post slander about the team.

billsfairweatherfan
10-19-2006, 09:49 AM
That's what years of losing does. So go back to "happy land" if you don't like it. Winners don't accept losing. When Ralph put's a better product on the field than things can go back to the way they used to be.
in the mean time except the crapping qb?i dont think so. you have to start replacing players somewhere' qb spot is just as good a place as any

justasportsfan
10-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I understand that we're all frustrated about being a horrible team for years now. Bills fans are proud fans. We're very passionate about our team. But let's be more objective about this team. Marv and co. can't instantly fix this team in 1 season all the more 6 games. Be reaslitic about expectations. Even though this team isn't where we want it to be, I can see that this team to say the least is headed the right direction compared to TD's regime. It takes time. Marv and co. inherited a team that was a mess. They can't undo that mess right away.

Some people want instant gratification. That's just expecting too much. The bests coaches and GM's couldn't do it in their first season. Polian and BB , the best GM and coach combination couldn't do it in their first year. I don't expect Marv and Dick to do it.

Parcells still hasn't done anything since he came back. The list goes on and on.

Saratoga Slim
10-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Some people want instant gratification. That's just expecting too much. The bests coaches and GM's couldn't do it in their first season. Polian and BB , the best GM and coach combination couldn't do it in their first year. I don't expect Marv and Dick to do it.

Parcells still hasn't done anything since he came back. The list goes on and on.

EXACTLY. It's funny how going into the season the general consensus around the site was that we we're going to have to prepare for and accept a 6-10, 7-9 or at best an 8-8 season due to the presence of a new coach, two new coordinators, new schemes, lots of rookies, and an inexperienced quarterback. And yet once the season started, and we're on pace for exactly the type of so-so record everyone expected, all hell breaks loose, the expectations go through the roof, and Marv, Dick and everyone else in the organization is an idiot.

You want to criticize free agent signings? Name me more than 4-5 teams in the whole league that substantially improved through free agency. You want to criticize the draft? Three draftees have started most of the season, two have seen significant playing time, and Youboty might also be on the field it not been for his extended pre-season absence. While not perfect, our run defense is improved over last year, JP has had as many impressive games as bad ones, and the offense in general doesn't exude the same atmosphere of complete ineptitude as it did last year.

Is Gary Kubiak a failure in Houston because he doesn't have them winning games yet? Is Eric Mangini a terrible play caller because he's taken even more aggressive gambles that didn't pay off than Jauron? Joe Gibbs for putting up the same record as the Bills despite a load of talent on both sides of the ball and an experienced veteran QB?

The Bills are a long way from being a Super Bowl contender. And I'm still not sure about ol JP. But I still feel like progress is being made. Let the damn season play out, watch for progress, and chill out when we lose a game or two.

Jan Reimers
10-19-2006, 11:03 AM
I agree with you, T. I'm tired not only of all the *****ing and whining and insults, but the same arguments being repeated ad nauseum, ad infinitum, a thousand times a day.

This board might better be called The Dead Horse Zone.

Michael82
10-19-2006, 12:14 PM

Good thread, man! :bf1:

I also agree with other posters who say that it is really only 6 or 7 very vocal people who are doing all the hating and bashing. The minority of fans are very quiet and still rooting for the team.

DraftBoy
10-19-2006, 12:35 PM

T, let me say two things;
1. First off you know your my boy, and I agree with pretty much everything you said here! Great Post!

2. I think things were just as bad during the Bledsoe Debacle, and worse during Flutie Johnson. But you had a big hand if memory serves me about Bledsoe. This isnt anything yet.

I think its not a combo or '5-6 jerks' as Ice so eloquently put it, but more so its like, those that want to blame everything on JP, and those that will give JP no criticism. When those two heads provide there are going to be issues. I think the way some posters think, Op, Phil, Jan, Devin, and countless others is the best way of thinking. I put alot of pressure on JP, bc I was a big proponent of his after he was drafted and I expected/expect much more to date. Either way this place needs to calm down.

DraftBoy
10-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Their has been some vicious posts, but what is wrong with being split? As long as we can find a way to argue respectfully it can be pretty productive. I just wish those who post something negative, can post something positive too. There are a couple people here that just post slander about the team.

Thats the issue tho, its getting beyond respectful and its difficult as a mod to try and draw a line bc you have to try and tell how much is bad attitude after a loss and how much is somebody just being an ass. Its not an easy job sometimes.

SquishDaFish
10-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Illl root for this team just like my Sox till the day I DIE! Im always optimistic and enthused every week, every month, every year! I dont mind some of the negative crap that the core 5-8 people spew. Its the repeating OVER AND OVER AND OVER again that is sickening. We have all heard it and does not have to be repeated over and over again.

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 01:24 PM
i may say that at times, but honestly, i doubt people who were not bills fans would waste their time on a bills board..

i am just tired of seeing people who havent given up on the new coach or the new qb or our gm called out all the time.

or maybe i am just not as intense about the bills anymore (although i dont think that is the case) because i am just not that upset.. i feel like the team is going to be ok.. i havent lost all hope.. i feel like the team will win more games this year.. will win some big games this year.. will grow and continue to move in the right direction.

the thing that kills me though is seeing so many people jump on and off the bandwagon so often.. people hate jp, then love him, then want him cut.. people hate the dj hiring and the marv hiring, then love it when we play good against NE and kill miami, then something like matt lienart has a good game and bills are total douches for not picking him.. it is just getting old.. i dont remember the fans being so apt to just jump ship on an opinion they had the week before.
I think your imagination is getting the better of you.
Most of the people that post have an opinion and stick to it.

I think this is just more rationalizing by a devoted supporter who wants to say in so many words ....they will start winning and when they do you will hop on this bandwagon and tell me I was right all along.

It seems like you feel entitled to some sort of pseudo-apology from anyone pointing out the obvious flaws this team has.

I really cant find anyone with an opinion on this team that has been changing from week to week.

No one. So far as I can see this is a figment of your imagination.

Whether or not I agree with the opinions I can say that nearly all of the posters have thier own opinion and adhere to it.

It seems like you want the 'I told you so' badly enough that you are trying for it before you are giving the Bills a chance to prove you right. Maybe deep down you really dont believe they will start to win like you say you do.

I dont think for one second that this team can win more than 6 games with this line up. In fact 6 would be on the high side and come as a suprise to me. And that will remain my opinion. There will be no bandwagon for me. <!-- / message -->

Tatonka
10-19-2006, 10:16 PM
T, let me say two things;
1. First off you know your my boy, and I agree with pretty much everything you said here! Great Post!

2. I think things were just as bad during the Bledsoe Debacle, and worse during Flutie Johnson. But you had a big hand if memory serves me about Bledsoe. This isnt anything yet.

I think its not a combo or '5-6 jerks' as Ice so eloquently put it, but more so its like, those that want to blame everything on JP, and those that will give JP no criticism. When those two heads provide there are going to be issues. I think the way some posters think, Op, Phil, Jan, Devin, and countless others is the best way of thinking. I put alot of pressure on JP, bc I was a big proponent of his after he was drafted and I expected/expect much more to date. Either way this place needs to calm down.

like i said in my post.. i was clearly a part of the bledsoe debate. but the majority of any issue i had beyond my displeasure with bledsoe was really just with wys.. he and i used to battle it out all day.. and at that time, i was working in a cube, so it was easy to sit there and do that.. but i clearly played a large hand in that misery around here and wouldnt state otherwise.. to me though it just seems different..

this isnt so much about jp, as it is about fans disliking the team in all facets and seeing all negative and little positive.

Tatonka
10-19-2006, 10:20 PM
I think your imagination is getting the better of you.
Most of the people that post have an opinion and stick to it.

I think this is just more rationalizing by a devoted supporter who wants to say in so many words ....they will start winning and when they do you will hop on this bandwagon and tell me I was right all along.

It seems like you feel entitled to some sort of pseudo-apology from anyone pointing out the obvious flaws this team has.

I really cant find anyone with an opinion on this team that has been changing from week to week.

No one. So far as I can see this is a figment of your imagination.

Whether or not I agree with the opinions I can say that nearly all of the posters have thier own opinion and adhere to it.

It seems like you want the 'I told you so' badly enough that you are trying for it before you are giving the Bills a chance to prove you right. Maybe deep down you really dont believe they will start to win like you say you do.

I dont think for one second that this team can win more than 6 games with this line up. In fact 6 would be on the high side and come as a suprise to me. And that will remain my opinion. There will be no bandwagon for me. <!-- / message -->

well, i can honestly say i dont know that i have read one of your posts before and have no idea what your thoughts are or if you are even a member of this board before today, so i am not implying you are a person that has changed his stance on anything.. and really i could care less..

this has nothing to do with me wanting to be right or say "i told you so" and honestly, i dont know how you could even get that out of my post.. it also has nothing to do with the fact that i am not ready to jump ship on jp.. my comments about people changing there opinions regularly is not a figment of my imagination.. it is a fact.. and the people that are so hot and cold know who they are and others can attest to it.

X-Era
10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
well, i can honestly say i dont know that i have read one of your posts before and have no idea what your thoughts are or if you are even a member of this board before today, so i am not implying you are a person that has changed his stance on anything.. and really i could care less..

this has nothing to do with me wanting to be right or say "i told you so" and honestly, i dont know how you could even get that out of my post.. it also has nothing to do with the fact that i am not ready to jump ship on jp.. my comments about people changing there opinions regularly is not a figment of my imagination.. it is a fact.. and the people that are so hot and cold know who they are and others can attest to it.

Dont worry man, Im pretty sure its just a new member profile and handle for someone who is an old time clown buried in negrep.

Its easy, you get a new yahoo account and start a new member registration.