NFL Sirrius says Spikes won't be a Bill next year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

NFL Sirrius says Spikes won't be a Bill next year!!

I apologize to those fans who saw this coming because I didn't. TKO is probably not going to renogtiate his contract and they were saying he is making 4.5 million and I think Pat posted it's 5.5 million next year.

This is the unbelievable part. They were intimating that he will be a PATRIOT next year!!! You don't just pull that out of your butt either. They were acting like they were in the know on this one!!
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: NFL Sirrius says Spikes won't be a Bill next year!!

If it proves out he's not fully recovered from his injury, then I could see it happening. He's frustrated and wishes to play for a winner.

But if he can't stay healthy, the big $$ will not be offered by anyone.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

NE isn't known for taking injury prone players, are they?
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mybills
        NE isn't known for taking injury prone players, are they?
        I'm not sure I understand your post? Spikes isn't injury prone. He had one injury and it was a freak occurence.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Good riddance.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Think about this at least. Getting rid of TKO and Clements opens TONS of cap room. I would like TKO to stay even at 85% of his former self. I don't care if he or anyone on this team leaves if they aren't 100% committed to the team and this city.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I'm not sure I understand your post? Spikes isn't injury prone. He had one injury and it was a freak occurence.
              He's had two injuries that has kept him out of the lineup all but 4 games out of the last 20. He may not of been injury prone early in his career but now that heis body has taken a beating one has to wonder. I hope he can recover fully and play at the level we know and love. If he does then there is no need to renegotiate. If he can not play like his former self and is the next Sam Cowart then he is not worth the $$ and I wish him well.

Comment

• eyedog
                • Jul 2002

Another reason both Spikes and Clements should have been traded Tuesday.
                But instead we will just watch them walk out the door after the season with nothing.

Comment

Phew ... add this to Fletcher-Baker being a free agent demanding loads of money as well and my suggestion about drafting Posluzny doesn't seem so stupid especially as there will be little in Free Agency.

With the type of injury TKO suffered, it only needed to be one, to be a career killer, and in many ways he will never be the same again. With the impressive start that Kevin Ellison has made I wonder if retaining TKO will impede his development.

And by releasing TKO, and not signing Clements or Fletcher Baker it provides a huge war chest to go after a TE, a no2 receiver and a NT

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

What were the Bills offerred for them?

And how the hell does NFL Sirius know this already? The season is not even half over.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Like Patmoran says nobody would have traded for Clements or Spikes unless they agree to a long term deal

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

Give them away for late rd. draft picks. Some winning team would have went for the rent a player for the rest of the year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by eyedog
                          Another reason both Spikes and Clements should have been traded Tuesday.
                          But instead we will just watch them walk out the door after the season with nothing.
                          Spikes would have been a hard trade.

As far as I'm concerned if we can't with these guys than why sweat it if they are gone.

TD get's a frickin "F" for his signings of FA's.

Posey
                          Fletcher
                          Spikes
                          Adams
                          Milloy
                          Vincent

This group turned out to bring us nothing. Call it what you will but we didn't win with them.

Comment

I've always been a fan of draft your own. I absolutely hate giving up even 7th rounders as we always seem to get stiffed on the deal.

If Fletcher-Baker and Clements leave, will we be in line for a compensatory pick?

A compensatory pick in the 3rd and in the 5th or 6th would be very very good

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              They were intimating that he will be a PATRIOT next year!!! You don't just pull that out of your butt either. They were acting like they were in the know on this one!!
                              The media always thinks every name player is going to the Pats. They are in love with Buttchick.

Comment

Working...
                              X