PDA

View Full Version : Thurms Pre approved topic of the day

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 08:22 AM
***Please note the Sabres great play doesn't have as much to do with it as you might think***

Here are my reasons for my slight shift:
The NHL (the Sabres especially) is catoring to everything the fans want as they have to because of the lockout:
- The fans want more goals they open the game up
- Buffalo wants blue and gold we get blue and gold
- Sabres introduce a new ticket plan making tickets much more affordable
- Sabres spend right up to the cap.

The players on the Sabres are much more accessable to the city. They live all around and are seen all around town, and are very personable and down to earth.

Here are my reasons the NFL is slipping:

- League has become bigger than the game, almost to WWF proportions.
- League is full of prima donnas who could care less about the fans and are all about the spotlight or the paycheck.
- When is the last time you have seen a an actual player around town. I see JP but only because he lives right by me.
- The NFL in general is just too fake right now. Everyone, even non sports fans watch it if only for the halftime shows or happy hour parties.

Don't get me wrong I am still a die hard Bills fan, probably too much of a fan but recently I have just been more excited about the Sabres..

DISCUSS AMONGST YOURSELVES.

HHURRICANE
10-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Can we discuss football? Isn't there a Sabres forum??

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 08:28 AM
It is a football related topic

If you don't like it don't view the thread.

alohabillsfan
10-19-2006, 08:31 AM
***Please note the Sabres great play doesn't have as much to do with it as you might think***

The NHL (the Sabres especially) is catoring to everything the fans want as they have to because of the lockout:

The players on the Sabres are much more accessable to the city. They live all around and are seen all around town, and are very personable and down to earth.

- League is full of prima donnas who could care less about the fans and are all about the spotlight or the paycheck.
- When is the last time you have seen a an actual player around town. I see JP but only because he lives right by me.
- The NFL in general is just too fake right now. Everyone, even non sports fans watch it if only for the halftime shows or happy hour parties.

Don't get me wrong I am still a die hard Bills fan, probably too much of a fan but recently I have just been more excited about the Sabres..

HMMM, Maybe because they are winning??? Bandwagon fan see ya in 2012 when we return to the playoffs!

The NFL is way better than NHL period.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 08:32 AM

I really use to hate hockey before the lockout to be honest, now Ive been watching it all the time.. It also helps we have a great team, good coach and a fantastic owner. It seems like Golisano isnt afraid to put the money the team makes, back into the team.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 08:35 AM
HMMM, Maybe because they are winning??? Bandwagon fan see ya in 2012 when we return to the playoffs!

Did you not read my post?

The NFL is a million times more popular, but does that make it better? :idunno:

Re read my first post please.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh yah, Ryan Miller is a wicked goalie! Love that guy, his eyes are like bulging out of his head because he is so focused, its hilarious.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 08:37 AM

I haven't missed a Bills home game in 5 years and have attended games in San diego and Miami during that time.

No bandwagon jumping here.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Did you not read my post?

The NFL is a million times more popular, but does that make it better? :idunno:

Re read my first post please.
The NFL is still better, but the NHL is growing pretty rapidly.. I use to like:
1.) Football
2.) Baseball
3.) Basketball
4.) Hockey

Now Its:

1.) Football
2.) hockey
They have definately improved the sport, way more action.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 08:44 AM
The NFL is still better, but the NHL is growing pretty rapidly.. I use to like:
1.) Football
2.) Baseball
3.) Basketball
4.) Hockey

Now Its:

1.) Football
2.) hockey
They have definately improved the sport, way more action.

Again is more popular mean better?

As far as popularity goes the NHL is a distant 4th.

I think the NFL is great but I have just been disheartened in recent years since I sit on the tunnel at the Bills games and the players walk by laughing after every loss, and most of them have the "look at these Aholes" looks on their faces as they walk by.

alohabillsfan
10-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Did you not read my post? YES!

The NFL is a million times more popular, but does that make it better? If more people see it then yes, I do like to watch hockey, I have been to games, but really when every game counts so much (NFL) it something you look forward to seeing, you can't miss it even when we suck! Hockey on the other hand you play 82 games the playoffs last like 2 months. ESPN even dished the NHL to Versus.

Re read my first post please. DID

You fail to mention any by name? DID mention JP

Sabres spend right up to the cap. Grant you that one! I wish Golisano would by the Bills!

Buffalo wants blue and gold we get blue and gold, Liked the Black and Red, new logo sucks!!! P.S> Throw backs on sabres rock!

The fans want more goals they open the game up, NFL did same with the DB's

League is full of prima donnas who could care less about the fans and are all about the spotlight or the paycheck. Full of prima donnas? I think you a bitter little boy who did not get an autograph!

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Again is more popular mean better?

As far as popularity goes the NHL is a distant 4th.

I think the NFL is great but I have just been disheartened in recent years since I sit on the tunnel at the Bills games and the players walk by laughing after every loss, and most of them have the "look at these Aholes" looks on their faces as they walk by.
Yeah, I guess it isnt better because of popularity, if anything NFL players are more primadonaish compared to NHL players. I think one of the reason the NHL is growing (with Buffalo fans especially..), is because our football team sucks right now, and we want to see our team win, so we watch hockey.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Did you not read my post? YES!

The NFL is a million times more popular, but does that make it better? If more people see it then yes, I do like to watch hockey, I have been to games, but really when every game counts so much (NFL) it something you look forward to seeing, you can't miss it even when we suck! Hockey on the other hand you play 82 games the playoffs last like 2 months. ESPN even dished the NHL to Versus.

Re read my first post please. DID

You fail to mention any by name? DID mention JP

Sabres spend right up to the cap. Grant you that one! I wish Golisano would by the Bills!

Buffalo wants blue and gold we get blue and gold, Liked the Black and Red, new logo sucks!!! P.S> Throw backs on sabres rock!

The fans want more goals they open the game up, NFL did same with the DB's

League is full of prima donnas who could care less about the fans and are all about the spotlight or the paycheck. Full of prima donnas? I think you a bitter little boy who did not get an autograph!

Go out on Chippewa/Elmwood after a Sabres home game and you could possibly see anyone on the team. That is why I didn't name names because I didn't want to name the whole team.

No Bill mentioned the cities recent storm problems, while the Sabres to a man said they wanted to win Saturday for the city.

Not a bitter kid about an autograph. I could care less about autographs, what would I do with it?

Lets not get crazy here I love the Bills with all my heart, Just saying.....

L.A. Playa
10-19-2006, 09:50 AM
sounds like the mid 80's all over again when the Bills sucked and the Sabres where kings of Buffalo

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 11:39 AM
sounds like the mid 80's all over again when the Bills sucked and the Sabres where kings of Buffalo
I was more of a baseball fan in the mid 80s, but still liked the Bills and Sabres.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Its one simple formula..

Winning.

I always loved the Sabres.. few others have when they sucked.. They came out of nowhere and now they are the darlings of the city.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Its one simple formula..

Winning.

I always loved the Sabres.. few others have when they sucked.. They came out of nowhere and now they are the darlings of the city.
Winning helps of course!

I would say that most people in this city always have loved the Sabres.