• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Being a fan

Anyone can jump on the bandwagon of a team who is a proven winner. They have wins and trophies as cold hard facts and results that they're good. So it's easy to root for them. It's easy to "believe" when it's already right in front of you.

Those kinds of people aren't fans. They're followers.

The true measure of diehard fan is when the team is down and losing, you can still root for them, believe that it will come around, look on the bright side, and instill positive energy. It's about believing that the best is yet to come, even when there's no factual reason to believe. It's about having faith without seeing proof.

And guess what? I have faith. I billieve. Maybe not this season, maybe not the next, but one day I KNOW my faith will be rewarded.

Who's with me?
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Being a fan

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    Anyone can jump on the bandwagon of a team who is a proven winner. They have wins and trophies as cold hard facts and results that they're good. So it's easy to root for them. It's easy to "believe" when it's already right in front of you.

The true measure of diehard fan is when the team is down and losing, you can still root for them, believe that it will come around, look on the bright side, and instill positive energy. It's about believing that the best is yet to come, even when there's no factual reason to believe. It's about having faith without seeing proof.

And guess what? I have faith. I billieve. Maybe not this season, maybe not the next, but one day I KNOW my faith will be rewarded.

Who's with me?
    I am in. I have gone through so much why not stick with them right!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Welcome Thurm!

There's a time and place to be a critic. I didn't become a Bills fan because I wanted to critize every move they make and analyze every play. I'll leave that up for the reporters and beat writers. I do that with the projects at work, because I'm paid to be a analysis not a fan of work.

But I choose to be a fan of the Bills. Nothing more.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

We need to start a FAN group and a CRITIC group! Much like "homers" and "haters" only less offensive!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Who's with me?
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Miyagi, I wouldnt have it any other way. I couldnt just hop on a good teams bandwagon, it wouldnt feel right. When Buffalo wins the superbowl, Im gonna be so happy, it will make it that much better for me. All the losing seasons we have been through, and through all the rain n' the pain, it feels so much better coming up from the bottom to the top. God bless, Bill's fans. We lost 4 superbowls yet were all still here, one of these days our broken hearts will be mended! Go Bills!

Comment

Great post

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

You can count me in, Miyagi..otherwise, my username wouldn't make any sense.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                  You can count me in, Miyagi..otherwise, my username wouldn't make any sense.
                  It'd make sense to me.

I have water bill, cable bill, cell phone bill.......

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    Miyagi, I wouldnt have it any other way. I couldnt just hop on a good teams bandwagon, it wouldnt feel right. When Buffalo wins the superbowl, Im gonna be so happy, it will make it that much better for me. All the losing seasons we have been through, and through all the rain n' the pain, it feels so much better coming up from the bottom to the top. God bless, Bill's fans. We lost 4 superbowls yet were all still here, one of these days our broken hearts will be mended! Go Bills!
                    I'm tearing up a bit just thinking about it.

I swear to God when the Bills finally win the big one, I will literally cry.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

It'd make sense to me.

I have water bill, cable bill, cell phone bill.......
                      yeah, but that would be my bills. See the little space in between?
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

We need to start a FAN group and a CRITIC group! Much like "homers" and "haters" only less offensive!
                        I thought it was "homers" and "realists"? Since when did the "realists" turn into "haters"?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          I thought it was "homers" and "realists"? Since when did the "realists" turn into "haters"?
                          My bad. Same thing though.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Oct 2006

Who's with me?
                            Not me

What you are describing is someone that will route for anything or anybody as long as they wear a Bills uniform.

And guess what? I have faith
                            That sick statement hits the nail right on the head.
                            Football is not religion.
                            I have faith in only one God. I have no faith in any football player.
                            Its a game not a religion.

Dont you feel just a little uncomfortable insinsuating that you have 'faith' in someone like for example Willis McGahee ?%$@!

Do you actually feel comfortable saying that you have faith in a sub 80 IQ dimwit
                            and the tattoo on his neck just because he wears a Bills uniform and runs with a football?

Understand this...there is nothing whatsoever immoral or anti-social about having a straight forward opinion on the ability or inability of any football team or player.

Blindly cheering for any group of people the Bills decide to stick into a uniform is in no way a barometer of character or any other positive attribute.

That is the true social sickness of brand loyalty.

That is no different than hearing two drunks get into a heated arguement about which brand of beer or wiskey is the best. Then having one claim they the other should have 'faith' in the local brewmaster.

There is nothing redeeming in your unwavering loyalty to a football team regardless of how thoroughly you have convinced yourself that there is.

Half these football players have a rap sheet longer than your arm.

So wake up and get your head out of your a**, because someone has sold you a Bill of goods. ( thats a pun )

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

If the Bills ever win a superbowl, I will likely have a heart attack from excitement. It will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X