Do we get comensatory picks for Clements and Fletcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we get comensatory picks for Clements and Fletcher?

With the certainty that Clements will leave and the likelihood that Fletcher-Baker will follow him now he's got Rosenhaus as his agent, will we get any compensatory draft picks for them?

The possibility of at least an extra Day 1 and also a Day 2, softens the hit a little especially if one turns into a Ko Simpson and the other into a Kevin Ellison or similar promising players?
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Do we get comensatory picks for Clements and Fletcher?

A team is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks if it is determined that they lost more or better players than they were able to acquire during the previous year's free agency period.

COMPENSATORY DRAFT PICKS: Compensation awarded by the league to teams who lost more UFAs than they signed. Compensation is in the form of extra draft picks added to the end of rounds three through seven. The quantity of picks is equivalent to the difference of UFAs signed to UFAs lost. For example, if a team loses 4 UFAs and signs 1 UFA, they will receive three Compensatory Selections. The value of the picks is determined by the difference of the contracts signed by the players lost and those acquired. The highest possible compensatory pick is the 31st of the third round (91st overall). If a team has signed an equal number or more UFAs than it lost, no "Compensatory Picks" are awarded

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

The only thing that I would add to that is that compensatory picks are awarded for the draft in the year following the year in which a team had a net loss of free agents. The league has scaled back the size of the awards and now never awards a first or second round pick no matter what a team lost.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
        The only thing that I would add to that is that compensatory picks are awarded for the draft in the year following the year in which a team had a net loss of free agents. The league has scaled back the size of the awards and now never awards a first or second round pick no matter what a team lost.
        Right! You have to look at who we lost and who we signed this year and I believe we signed more then we lost so we most likely get a big fat 0 comp. picks!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Not for Spikes, as he would be cut.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
          X