The way this organization treats personnel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The way this organization treats personnel...

I'm starting to think we may have a problem here. Consider the following:

-Eric Moulds not wanting to play here
    -Sam Adams being disgruntled and leaving
    -Ruben Brown being disgruntled and leaving
    -The Travis Henry situation
    -Mularkey leaving when he could have stayed (IMO this was a good thing, but it's still a valid example of the point at hand)
    -One of the good coaches hired by another team the same year as Greg Williams said he didn't want to coach here (Marvin Lewis)
    -Someone said the other day that Bryant McKinney, a superior OL taken after we took Mike Williams in the same draft, said he would play anywhere but Buffalo (I have no idependent verification on this statement- just repeating what was posted).

Does this organization have a bad reputation for how it treats players and personnel? Is this preventing us from attracting players and coaches? Are these things common to other NFL teams, or is it a problem specific to the Bills?

Thoughts?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: The way this organization treats personnel...

Past regime.

New Regime...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Some of those guys were unhappy with TD. As I recall McKinnie did not like the weather and outdoor stadium.

The coach was Marvin Lewis (Jury is still out, imo) and he did not like the schools.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        Some of those guys were unhappy with TD. As I recall McKinnie did not like the weather and outdoor stadium.

The coach was Marvin Lewis (Jury is still out, imo) and he did not like the schools.
        McKinnie's a giant pussy.

I think the school thing was just a line- there are plenty of good schools around Buffalo (Amherst comes immediately to mind)
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

I dunno ask the player president of the NFLPA what his thoughts on this org is. That should tell you everything you need to know. Ask Bledsoe too. Hell even ask TKO see what he says.

On the coaching front, marvin Lewis' wife didn't want to move here, she didn't like the school system or some ****. Also Jim Fassel left here pissed off after his interview with ralph and TD.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
            I dunno ask the player president of the NFLPA what his thoughts on this org is. That should tell you everything you need to know. Ask Bledsoe too. Hell even ask TKO see what he says.

On the coaching front, marvin Lewis' wife didn't want to move here, she didn't like the school system or some ****. Also Jim Fassel left here pissed off after his interview with ralph and TD.
            Fassel was no big loss.

I think TKO's comments after the Vincent situation demonstrate his opinion....
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

one more thing- jury may still be out, but he's still employed as a HC so that alone proves he was better than Williams.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Past regime.

New Regime...
                hopefully you're right but Moulds and Adams left even after this regime took over.

Adams may have been a system/personnel decision but Moulds certainly wasn't.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dont drink the water
                  • Oct 2005

No every team has these kind of issues.
                  Every team has disgrunted players which other teams try to recover due to talent.

Eric Moulds did not want to play here anymore because he thought that QB situation was not going to improve

Sam Adams being disgruntled is a normal reaction after a couple of years; him leaving was a choice made by Bills since he did not want to play as a part of a team

Ruben had a specific problem with a coach and that coach is no longer here

Mularkey did not want his hands tied and his hands needed to be tied; his familiy also had a lot of issues but that was do to how rabid some fans are

The coach who left went to Texas because his father is sick and he wanted to be closer to him; not related.

Bryant felt jilted by Buffalo. Not too conccerned about it for if the money was right he would change his mind.

The bigger issue was when Donahoe and previous GMs let go player with little or no notice or would change their mind in middle of training camp. Marv Levy will not be so callious nor will not think ahead.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Marvin Lewis didn't want to come to Buffalo as coach.

And don't forget Pat Williams.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129

As a side story (That nobody will really care about) I flew to Newark onthe same plane Fassel did after his interview.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        one more thing- jury may still be out, but he's still employed as a HC so that alone proves he was better than Williams.
                        Meh. Still might not be very good. He has a discipline mess in Cinci that if it happened in Buffalo we would be sreaming about.

Comment

I note most of the players mentioned were a legacy of the Donahoe era. I think Moulds just got fed up and decided if he couldn't move to a contender he'd rather play closer to home. The moment Donahoe was sacked, Mularky was a patsy and he quickly realised that.

I do wonder if Fassel might have made a difference.

However I do not that Jauron is respected league wide as a straight shooter and a players coach. I wonder if this entered into Marv and Ralph's thinking as the fans choice Mike Sherman, does have a rep apparently for being awkward and unpopular ... you either like or loath him as a player.

Comment

I meant I do KNOW Jauron is respected league wide

D'oh

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Marvin Lewis didn't want to come to Buffalo as coach.

And don't forget Pat Williams.
                              What about him? He had problems with TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X