PDA

View Full Version : What QB does Losman remind you of?

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 01:43 PM
This is NOT a sarcastic thread.. I want a serious answer.. WHat QB do you see a lot of when you see JP Losman

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 01:44 PM
My uncle told me a drunken and slightly ******ed Fran Tarkenton.

Typ0
10-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Rob Johnson. I know they are different guys...and maybe that's why I'm hard on JP which I guess isn't fair. I just don't want to be in that situation again. Fool me once, you're bad. Fool me twice and I'm a fool.

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 01:48 PM
My uncle told me a drunken and slightly ******ed Fran Tarkenton.

Thats funny. HaHaHa

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Rob Johnson. I know they are different guys...and maybe that's why I'm hard on JP which I guess isn't fair. I just don't want to be in that situation again. Fool me once, you're bad. Fool me twice and I'm a fool.
What I have been saying is that the reaction to comments about whether or not he will make it as a winning QB remind me exactly of the Rob Johnson debate.

Its just bizzarre the way these people come at a negative opinion about a player's ability.

It is as if when these players get signed by the Bills the hard core fans immediately adopt them as family members.

In fact I believe that many of these people are more loyal to anyone wearing a uniform as the Bills QB then they are to thier own families.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SquishDaFish
10-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I still say a real young Favre or Young

justasportsfan
10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
When he drops back to pass, he moves like Grossman.

When he holds on to the ball, Rob Johnson

When he scrambles, he moves like Flutie.

When he throws, Farve.

feelthepain
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Ryan Leaf.

SquishDaFish
10-19-2006, 02:13 PM
We arent talking about Dolphin Qbs

Typ0
10-19-2006, 02:15 PM
It is as if when these players get signed by the Bills the hard core fans immediately adopt them as family members.

I don't know where you are located but it goes deeper than hard core fans around here. The minute these players get signed the entire community adopts them as family members. Many people in this community take the Bills very seriously. In fact, the the Bills that are part of their family. All of these adoptees are hence a threat to the family...they either produce or they hurt the family.

If you don't believe me come here and walk into a restaurant or wilson farms and start talking to strangers about the bills.

Mudflap1
10-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Personality and arm -- Johnson
Running style and movement in the pocket -- Flutie

Jon

SquishDaFish
10-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Personality of Johnson?? LOL His is alot better then Johnsons.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Steve Young??!?!??!?

Steve Young had maybe the greatest touch on his short and intermediate passes in the history of Football. He's also one of the smartest quarterbacks to ever play the again.

in what possible way could JP Losman possibly remind you of Steve Young, with the exception that JP is capable of running?

Favre, I also disagree with you.. BUT this I could buy into. He has some of Favre's characteristics, all the bad ones.. but he could grow into the good ones..

Young.. absolutely not

Thurmal
10-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Mike Vick:

-- better when improvising and rolling out rather than in the pocket

-- not terribly accurate

-- obviously, the athleticism

-- doesn't generate a lot of points/yards

-- needs a good running/defensive game to win consistently

-- makes two or three "WOW!" plays a game

SquishDaFish
10-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Mainly Farve...Young just for the way he moves and that only.

Mudflap1
10-19-2006, 02:40 PM

Yeah, you're right. Steve Young is a much better comparison.....

Losman and Johnson are both aloof SoCal guys. They are fish out of water in Buffalo. That being said, that's just what I see right now. Maybe he'll change.

Jon

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 02:42 PM
He play's like Favre, but he kind of looks like Adam Sandler / Rob Johnson, simalarities end there though.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2006, 02:45 PM
He reminds me of a bunch of different QBs at different times.

Flutie- Because of the #, when he is scrambling

Rob Johnson/Bledsoe- When taking Stupid sacks, or making bad decisions

Jim Kelly- Personality wise, seems very confident

Favre- awkward throwing motion but strong arm.

Not saying he will end up being like any of these guys good or bad just what he reminds me of.

GarnOFreak
10-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Mark Brunell ( the early years, not now)

justasportsfan
10-19-2006, 02:50 PM
haha! Personality Rob? The guy works his butt off, bought a house in Buffalo while Rob lived in the Aiport hotel and left buffalo the second the eason was over while JP lived in the facility during offseason. Funny.

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't know where you are located but it goes deeper than hard core fans around here. The minute these players get signed the entire community adopts them as family members. Many people in this community take the Bills very seriously. In fact, the the Bills that are part of their family. All of these adoptees are hence a threat to the family...they either produce or they hurt the family.

If you don't believe me come here and walk into a restaurant or wilson farms and start talking to strangers about the bills.I'm from the area and I know many people who are level headed and view it as just a game.
And I also know many loopy fanatics who see these players as idols and gods.
<!-- / message -->

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
He reminds me of a bunch of different QBs at different times.

Flutie- Because of the #, when he is scrambling

Rob Johnson/Bledsoe- When taking Stupid sacks, or making bad decisions

Jim Kelly- Personality wise, seems very confident

Favre- awkward throwing motion but strong arm.

Not saying he will end up being like any of these guys good or bad just what he reminds me of.

I was feeling ya, until you said Jim Kelly..
This guy is the ANTI Jim Kelly... If that was Jim Kelly out there, he would have taken the ball and wasted a play by throwing the ball at Gandy's nuts after getting beat that badly.. Losman sulks on the sidelines too often and rarely communicates with anyone other than a coach or Losman when he's not on the field.. that **** needs to change to quickly..

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm from the area and I know many people who are level headed and view it as just a game.
<!-- / message -->
So your telling me you never idolized some of the all-time greats growing up? You must not of had a very fun childhood then.. Obviously if you are an adult and you still idolize these players, you have a problem, but its not wrong for these players to be idols. One thing that will never change for me though, there are certain players that are icons for the city of Buffalo. In the end, we just want to see our team win and do well. Each fan is different I guess. I have my own 'pre-game rituals'. Like I have to wear my authentic Smith jersey every Saturday, if were to do well! :funny:

I suppose I may be one of those loopy fanatics. Its more than a game to me at times. Buffalo is a small city, thats loosing jobs and is having difficulties. So when we beat a rich, big market city it makes me happy. Especially, Dallas. I hate Dallas! Oh, and the Jets, Fins and Pats. :D

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
I was feeling ya, until you said Jim Kelly..
This guy is the ANTI Jim Kelly... If that was Jim Kelly out there, he would have taken the ball and wasted a play by throwing the ball at Gandy's nuts after getting beat that badly.. Losman sulks on the sidelines too often and rarely communicates with anyone other than a coach or Losman when he's not on the field.. that **** needs to change to quickly..

That does sound like Kelly. Man he was one tough SOB, he coulda played on the defensive side of the ball if he wanted to. hahaha. I remember he threw an interception and tackled the guy who caught it.

BidsJr
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm from the area and I know many people who are level headed and view it as just a game.
<!-- / message -->

Hey guess what.

Posting on Bills message board = fanatic

Welcome!

SquishDaFish
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Justa you quoted me but im not the one that compared his personality to Johnsons.

HHURRICANE
10-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Sirrius Radio last night said he looked like "Doug Flutie" and that wasn't a compliment.

BidsJr
10-19-2006, 03:17 PM
This is NOT a sarcastic thread.. I want a serious answer.. WHat QB do you see a lot of when you see JP Losman

You don't want a serious answer.

Obviously by your replys you only want another post to rip JP.

Aren't their enough of those already?

:horsecrap:

HHURRICANE
10-19-2006, 03:18 PM
That does sound like Kelly. Man he was one tough SOB, he coulda played on the defensive side of the ball if he wanted to. hahaha. I remember he threw an interception and tackled the guy who caught it.

If it's the same game I'm thinking of it ended the guys career. It was freak. The guys cleat got stuck on the turf, his body went one way and his knee went another. Nasty!!!

HHURRICANE
10-19-2006, 03:22 PM
For me it's Brett Favre and that can be good and bad.

For those who think he looks like Rob Johnson they must have not watched him play. It's basically a cheap attack. Rob Johnson looked alot like Kerry Collins or Jeff George.

BillsNick
10-19-2006, 04:00 PM
John Elway

EDS
10-19-2006, 04:03 PM
This is a tough one. Most of the time he reminds me of an Aaron Brooks type - tantalyzing talent, painful inconsistency and prone to momentum-killer plays. Other times he reminds me of Doug Flutie - i.e., the ability to make big plays out of busted plays.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
This is a tough one. Most of the time he reminds me of an Aaron Brooks type - tantalyzing talent, painful inconsistency and prone to momentum-killer plays. Other times he reminds me of Doug Flutie - i.e., the ability to make big plays out of busted plays.
I like that comparison.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 04:09 PM
If it's the same game I'm thinking of it ended the guys career. It was freak. The guys cleat got stuck on the turf, his body went one way and his knee went another. Nasty!!!
Hold on one sec... let me :puke:

Coach Sal
10-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Funny. I wrote the following on August 30th of LAST YEAR on another board, and I still think it's valid:

I've watched JP play a few games now and really got a chance to see how he moves, his decision making process, and some of the results of those decisions.

He has a really good arm; he has really good speed; he's not afraid to get hit (be that good or bad) when he takes off; he doesn't make all the completions he should, but at the same time doesn't have a high INT rate, either (I guess that means he just misses EVERYONE); and most of all........

He makes a couple of plays that makes me say, "holy ****, what an athlete."

Then, two plays later, he makes another play which makes me say, "holy ****, what a freakin' moron."

You know who else had and did all that, especially when he was younger?

Randall Cunningham.

Boy, he had the ability to make your head spin with his great athleticism, then followed up by making Eagles fans' heads turn red with some real bonehead moves. That's exactly what we're all gonna' get from JP.

Randall's teams were usually competitive and made the playoffs a bunch. I just hope JP's playoff results are better.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 04:10 PM
John Elway

Wow, thats a good comparison.. Reminds me of that play JP got blitzed, 3 defenders hit him at the same time and he slipped out of it and threw a bomb. Thats alot like Elway.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Cunningham.. Real good one.

Risin
10-19-2006, 04:23 PM
He reminds me of a young John Elway.

I got to watch him mature, living in the west during the early 80's.

Here are his early stats, look familiar?

1983 - 123 of 259 1663 yds 7 td's 14 int's 54.9 rating

1984 - 214 of 380 2598 yds 18 td's 15 int's 76.8 rating

1985 - 327 of 605 3891 yds 22 td's 23 int's 70.2 rating

1986 - 280 of 504 3485 yds 19 td's 13 int's 79 rating

Many people forget, John was nearly benched on more then one occasion early on.

link: http://www.johnelway.com/career.aspx

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 04:27 PM
He reminds me of a young John Elway.

I got to watch him mature, living in the west during the early 80's.

Here are his early stats, look familiar?

1983 - 123 of 259 1663 yds 7 td's 14 int's 54.9 rating

1984 - 214 of 380 2598 yds 18 td's 15 int's 76.8 rating

1985 - 327 of 605 3891 yds 22 td's 23 int's 70.2 rating

1986 - 280 of 504 3485 yds 19 td's 13 int's 79 rating

Many people forget, John was nearly benched on more then one occasion early on.

link: http://www.johnelway.com/career.aspx
Interesting.

L.A. Playa
10-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Donovan Mcnabb

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Donovan Mcnabb
hahhhahahahhhhhaaaahaahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhaahah

L.A. Playa
10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
:respect:

BidsJr
10-19-2006, 04:46 PM
hahhhahahahhhhhaaaahaahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhaahah

McNabb is the closest imho.

Look at the numbers.

The difference is McNabb is Black so he was allowed to run.

JP is white so the running was coached out of him.

Both very athletic, hard working, inconsistant, and have accuracy problems.

Mcnabb grew out of his for the most part.

Pretty much that is what we are all hoping out of JP.

Devin
10-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Kyle Boller :ill:

Risin
10-19-2006, 04:50 PM

Ouch.

He is already showing more then Boller to me.

To each their own though.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 05:19 PM

Look at the numbers.

LMFAO!

Meathead
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
i can see that

sometimes i wonder if thats just my wishful thinking and he will end up more like jake plummer. thats not bad but not as good as im hoping

jmb1099
10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Not many people either remember or want to acknowledge Elway's early performance. Losman right now looks very much like an early John Elway. Can he develop into the Super Bowl John Elway? Only time will tell

Coach Sal
10-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Not many people either remember or want to acknowledge Elway's early performance....

On Elway's first snap of his rookie year, he lined up under the guard instead of the center.

Mudflap1
10-19-2006, 06:47 PM
I've got it! The Waterboy! Remember when he made the big pass in the Bourbon Bowl?

(sorry, had to)

He's also got a little Billy Joe Hobert in him.

Jon

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 06:49 PM
George Plimpton

Bling
10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
I said he was a career journeyman, but he really is a nobody.

Mudflap1
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM

Are you serious?

Look at the numbers.

You are serious! What happened in McNabb's years 2-6?

Really? He is?

That's not an unfair or inappropriate statement, is it?

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Not many people either remember or want to acknowledge Elway's early performance. Losman right now looks very much like an early John Elway. Can he develop into the Super Bowl John Elway? Only time will tell

THat kind of makes me think of poker.
People are so optomistic they keep thinking the river card will make thier hand.

So far I have heard them compare this clown to

Elway
Farve
Manning
Aikman
Brady
Montana
Young

And a whole host of other hall of fame players at the same time that he is dropping games to 0-5 teams.

Then they always follow up with that weak qualifying comment that goes something like this...but will he turn out to be like so and so only time will tell

LOL
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Michael82
10-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Brett Favre and Doug Flutie mixed together.

mikemac2001
10-19-2006, 07:08 PM

ya i was thinking young when i was watching an old SF game today on espn...idk just movement wise but has a long way to go...i just love how everyone is throwing JP under now its like stfu and give the guy a season obviously we know our oline sucks but lets see if JP can improve even with the oline play

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 07:14 PM

hilarious lmao

I'll tell you what ... that does raise this question... I clearly recall that the whole idea behind drafting him was the fact that he was mobile and made plays on the run...they wanted to get away from having Bledsoe back there as a statue

So what do the Bills do ? They make a statue out of Losman.

LOL

Michael82
10-19-2006, 07:14 PM

Look at the numbers.

That's a very good comparison too. We could be so lucky. :pray:

Michael82
10-19-2006, 07:16 PM
halarious

I'll tell you what ... that does raise this question... I clearly recall that the whole idea behind drafting him was the fact that he was mobile and made plays on the run...they wanted to get away from having Bledsoe back there as a statue

So what do the Bills do ? They make a statue out of Losman.

LOL
Agreed. This coaching staff definitely isn't helping Losman out by taking away his legs.

X-Era
10-19-2006, 07:17 PM

So ive put serious thought to it, my answer is:

My mom. Shes all heart and so is JP, she will take one for the team and so will JP.

G. Host
10-19-2006, 08:07 PM

He also broke his leg and the guy never played the game again.
Kelly was tough enough to be recruited as LB; Losman will never be that tough but at least he is tough to not be permanently injured yet. Unfortunately he is NOT build out of stone like Bledsoe so he will not last and will end up like Brunell losing his mobility quickly.

Losman reminds me of that QB that Washington drafted Ramsey but lost battle with Brunell.

Ickybaluky
10-19-2006, 08:28 PM

*** BINGO!!! ***

- Both very athletic with strong arms.
- Both like to throw downfield, but struggle to hit a checkdown at times
- Both are inconsistent in running the game, executing well at times, but following it up with plays where they seem unaware of what they are trying to accomplish
- Both don't have enough of an idea of how to set their protection, and don't do a good job of identifying when and where the blitz is coming from
- Both are from California

In fact, I'm not even sure they aren't the same guy.

G. Host
10-19-2006, 08:53 PM
hahhhahahahhhhhaaaahaahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhaahah Sure he does - when he eats Campbell's Chunky Soup!

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
So ive put serious thought to it, my answer is:

My mom. Shes all heart and so is JP, she will take one for the team and so will JP.
your moms passer rating isnt that far from his in road games

X-Era
10-19-2006, 09:17 PM
your moms passer rating isnt that far from his in road games

Does that mean my mom is a better QB than Drew Bledsoe?

Mr. Cynical
10-19-2006, 09:52 PM

Agreed.

Kerr
10-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Nobody. Let him make his own mark that doesn't require him to be compared to any past player.

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Sirrius Radio last night said he looked like "Doug Flutie" and that wasn't a compliment.

If Losman could make plays like Flutie this team would be in good shape.

Yeah they are way off on that.