• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

The SINGLE MOST frustrating thing to me about this team

Is the coaching and game-planning.

This is NOT a bad football team... I may be on a JP Losman tirade lately, but you know what.. When the coaches were SMART JP didn't mess up.. Its when they started calling more and more pass plays where all the mistakes started creeping into this team.

In the New England game (Loss) and Miami/Minnesota games (wins) are game planning was brilliant.. We ran the ball, and ran it some more.. When we threw, they were shorter, safer passes. We punted a lot, becuase we weren't afraid to punt. Opposing offenses got frustrated at the temp of the game and became impatient. Our defense was taking advantage of it.

The Jets game in week three was the perfect Example of how to NOT win a football game with this team's makeup.. Willis had 150 yards, he should have had 250 and about 15 more carries because the jets could NOT stop him... So what do we do in the second half? Put the game in Losman's hands because we were behind and BAM, an ugly intererception and fumble returned for a TD (whether it was his fault or not, he did fumble the ball)

The point being, as soon as this team goes down all the game planning and smart play calling takes a ****.... Is Jauron a rookie?

I dont even need to get into the chicago and detroit games.. discraceful.

This is not a 2-4 team.. at WORST they should be 3-3. We're not as far off as people think from being a team that contend from the division, but from what I"ve seen of the coaching staff in 3 of the last 4 games, maybe its them that needs to go, and not so much the players. But nope, its week 7 and we're already talking about next year's draft and free agents.

and I think it gets worse.. I know nobody wants to hear then and nobody believes me.. But I have more than just a funny little feeling if we drop our next two games, your going to see HOlcomb or Nall in there for Losman, unfarily as that may be.

Sorry guys, I think this is an underated team, with a total retread for a head coach.. If I woulda known this in now, I woulda started a door to door collection for money for a head coach who knows how to work with a quarterback, like the Payton kid from New Orleans.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The SINGLE MOST frustrating thing to me about this team

I don't agree that this is not a bad team, we definitely lack talent in several important areas.

But you're right about the coaching/playcalling. I've found it to be very disappointing. It's not incompetent and bungling like Mularkey, but the offense is too predictable and we don't maximize on our player's strengths in the areas where we do have talent. Also, I'm becoming more and more skeptical as to whether this D has the right personnel for Cover 2.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

It doesnt have the right personnel for the cover two..
      NOt yet.. But I think you still run it, so that the guys who are THE RIGHT personnel for the cover two have it mastered as you continue to bring in new guys to the system.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I firmly believe that even with all the problems the Bills do have that they were a good QB away from being 5-1. All 4 losses were winnable games with a good leader at QB.

Im not blaming JP for all those losses. Im just saying he could of done alot more in those losses to help the Bills win then any other single player.

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

I agree with your assessment PM... I do disagree that we are as skilled as you say. Our skill positions are good, but our trenches are terrible.

That said, I agree that the coaching/game plan is a big part of why we arent a .500 ballclub.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

The Chicago game was the only game this year where it didnt matter who was the quarterback..

We didnt deserve to win the Jets game, but we could've easily won it.. We deserved to win against NE but a dumb safety and a couple of screw job ref-calls did us in..

and I dont even want to talk about the Lions game.

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Is the coaching and game-planning.

This is NOT a bad football team... I may be on a JP Losman tirade lately, but you know what.. When the coaches were SMART JP didn't mess up.. Its when they started calling more and more pass plays where all the mistakes started creeping into this team.

In the New England game (Loss) and Miami/Minnesota games (wins) are game planning was brilliant.. We ran the ball, and ran it some more.. When we threw, they were shorter, safer passes. We punted a lot, becuase we weren't afraid to punt. Opposing offenses got frustrated at the temp of the game and became impatient. Our defense was taking advantage of it.

The Jets game in week three was the perfect Example of how to NOT win a football game with this team's makeup.. Willis had 150 yards, he should have had 250 and about 15 more carries because the jets could NOT stop him... So what do we do in the second half? Put the game in Losman's hands because we were behind and BAM, an ugly intererception and fumble returned for a TD (whether it was his fault or not, he did fumble the ball)

The point being, as soon as this team goes down all the game planning and smart play calling takes a ****.... Is Jauron a rookie?

I dont even need to get into the chicago and detroit games.. discraceful.

This is not a 2-4 team.. at WORST they should be 3-3. We're not as far off as people think from being a team that contend from the division, but from what I"ve seen of the coaching staff in 3 of the last 4 games, maybe its them that needs to go, and not so much the players. But nope, its week 7 and we're already talking about next year's draft and free agents.

and I think it gets worse.. I know nobody wants to hear then and nobody believes me.. But I have more than just a funny little feeling if we drop our next two games, your going to see HOlcomb or Nall in there for Losman, unfarily as that may be.

Sorry guys, I think this is an underated team, with a total retread for a head coach.. If I woulda known this in now, I woulda started a door to door collection for money for a head coach who knows how to work with a quarterback, like the Payton kid from New Orleans.
              Maybe you should submit an application.

I'm sure Marv would surely consider you considering your wisdom.
              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
                Maybe you should submit an application.

I'm sure Marv would surely consider you considering your wisdom.
                It doesnt take a budding head coach to come to the conclusion that are game planning and play calling is detoriating into dog **** more and more each week.

Comment

Jim Fassel?

We have made some very stupid calls but in most games have been in them right until the end. There has only been one blow out. Changing our defensive strategy will be silly again. We've made a call and must stick to it.
                  I think like Losman our co-ordinators will improve as we bring in better players and they gain experience.

I do agree with those who say that the quality of the team has been over estimated but I also think that with a 20% turn around on the roster we go move radically forward.

We start with a bigger NT, a more agressive LE, a TE, a bigger No2 WR and a LT. We look to our depth on OL, the rookies, and give them their head. They cannot do any worse. We have to accept that we will likely lose either Spikes or Fletcher-Baker or maybe both and aggressively move to replace them. We accept Clements is done, replace him with Youboty and look to bring in a veteran CB.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                    Jim Fassel?

We have made some very stupid calls but in most games have been in them right until the end. There has only been one blow out. Changing our defensive strategy will be silly again. We've made a call and must stick to it.
                    I think like Losman our co-ordinators will improve as we bring in better players and they gain experience.

I do agree with those who say that the quality of the team has been over estimated but I also think that with a 20% turn around on the roster we go move radically forward.

We start with a bigger NT, a more agressive LE, a TE, a bigger No2 WR and a LT. We look to our depth on OL, the rookies, and give them their head. They cannot do any worse. We have to accept that we will likely lose either Spikes or Fletcher-Baker or maybe both and aggressively move to replace them. We accept Clements is done, replace him with Youboty and look to bring in a veteran CB.
                    I agree with everything but I think Kyle Williams will be good enough at DT that we'll be fine there... I agree with EVERYTHING else you said.. and if we lose Fletch and/or Spikes you replace them IMMEDIATELY in FA with players that fit the system immediately.

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      It doesnt take a budding head coach to come to the conclusion that are game planning and play calling is detoriating into dog **** more and more each week.
                      You think Belicheck would look like a Genius if he brought Boston College into Buffalo to play us this weekend? Or would the Pats fans think it was deteriorating play calling?
                      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• BillsPride12
                        • Dec 2004

I disagree. I've been trying to be optimistic for years regarding this bunch but I think the truth is we just have a bad football team. I mean I hate to say it and all but I think its the truth. Don't start bashing me either, because alot of people are starting to realize it to you could tell both Thurman Thomas and Joe D feel the same way too by listening to their segments on WGR this week. I'll still suffer with the Bills because they are my team but at least I can enjoy the Sabres!

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Oct 2006

So far I'm not very impressed with this coaching staff either.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

I don't think the coaching or playcalling has been that bad.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                              • Aug 2005

The motivation has sucked ass in the last couple of games.

Comment

Working...
                              X