PDA

View Full Version : Losman gets no love from SI

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 04:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.nfl.top10youngQBs/content.1.html

yet another example of how little people think about Losman around the league. This is their list of Top 10 QB's 25 years old or younger.

There are THREE rookies on this list, including one that's yet to play a down, and even more embrassingly, two quarterbacks who arent even STARTERS!

Damn.. No respect

Risin
10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.nfl.top10youngQBs/content.1.html

yet another example of how little people think about Losman around the league. This is their list of Top 10 QB's 25 years old or younger.

There are THREE rookies on this list, including one that's yet to play a down, and even more embrassingly, two quarterbacks who arent even STARTERS!

Damn.. No respect

Who cares?

I respect him, along with many of the fans that pay to see him play every Sunday.

I'm proud of him, dude is great in the community, buys a house in the city, and gets his ass kicked every week in order to help my team try to win.

Whether the national media respects him is irrelevant to me, I'm proud to have him as my teams starter, and call me a homer, but I'd take him over any QB in this league.

Just like I'd rather have Willis than any other RB, and Lee instead of any WR etc.

In a few seasons, the national media will be going crazy to write stories about this half Mexican QB, who grew up in a house with 75 other people, all stuffed into one bedroom.....

He will be a media darling, you watch.

kernowboy
10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Seems like quite a pathetic list ....

for some of the guys, they've not even played yet. I'm not sure how you can therefore say that the likes of Aaron Rogers will be better than Losman?

A bizarre article from Sports Illustrated. They might as well have included the likes of Brady Quinn on the list

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
you could be right.. My point is this guy gets NO respect around the league when guys who havent taken a snap or sit on the bench are ranked ahead of him.

Risin
10-19-2006, 04:42 PM
you could be right.. My point is this guy gets NO respect around the league when guys who havent taken a snap or sit on the bench are ranked ahead of him.

The national media is like the weather man in Buffalo.

Did you know we were only supposed to get 3 inches of snow last Thursday?

I put no stock into what these guys write.

Aaron Rogers is a complete joke, you wait.

Typ0
10-19-2006, 04:43 PM
looks like a pretty good list. Aaron Rogers and Jay Cutler haven't proved they don't have it yet so that's why they are over JP.

Risin
10-19-2006, 04:49 PM
looks like a pretty good list. Aaron Rogers and Jay Cutler haven't proved they don't have it yet so that's why they are over JP.

JP hasn't proved he doesn't yet either Typo...

Mahdi
10-19-2006, 05:01 PM
The Bills generally dont get much media attention. Thats how it is.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2006, 05:09 PM
For those who dont want to hit next and go thru the list...

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Philip Rivers
3. Eli Manning,
4. Matt Leinart
5. Vince Young
6. Matt, Schaub
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Bruce Gradkowski
9. Jay Cutler
10. Alex Smith

ScottLawrence
10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Matt Schaub is a good one given the chance to start.

I would go after him hard in the offseason.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
I thought Eli was the best one of them all to be honest.

X-Era
10-19-2006, 05:18 PM

Damn.. No respect

The media only gives props once its painfully obvious. Apparently, stupidity will even look at college experience instead of real NFL experience.

I have NO problem being the under dog.

ParanoidAndroid
10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Would this list look the same after week four? Would Gradkowski be on anyones radar? These guys change their minds every 5 minutes.

Bling
10-19-2006, 06:11 PM
They're all idiots until Losman gets props... then they're geniuses...

X-Era
10-19-2006, 06:33 PM
They're all idiots until Losman gets props... then they're geniuses...

You will NEVER catch me calling the media geniuses.

Last time I checked, most of the "media" are either smart guys who have never played and therefore dont know,

or

X-players who have played but are just plain dumb.

Either way theres only half a brain.

Earthquake Enyart
10-19-2006, 06:39 PM
All ten of those guys are better than JP.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Nope.. 9 are.
I don't think Aaron Rodgers is better.

YardRat
10-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Cutler and Rodgers have 'potential'.

No Manning will ever win a Super Bowl. The crack-whore voodoo witch that Archie banged when he first hit town put the juju on his testicles and guaranteed that.

Jp7
10-20-2006, 12:47 AM
**** them!

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Hang on, Schaub has played 5 games and stunk in two. Leinart has played two games. When these guys have all played the same number of games then it becomes a legit comparison.

Until then, it is a simply a way of filling magazine space with nice pictures.

We have these sorts of polls in sports magazines in England for things like soccer. They run the poll saying the best ten players .. blah blah ... and then a month later run a small article with the words to the affect of .. damn we totally forgot so and so ...

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Honestly, what has Losman done to earn the respect of SI, or any other media outlet for that matter? He's a Bill, and until the Bills start winning, nobody on that team is going to get any respect.

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2006, 06:12 AM
For those who dont want to hit next and go thru the list...

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Philip Rivers
3. Eli Manning,
4. Matt Leinart
5. Vince Young
6. Matt, Schaub
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Bruce Gradkowski
9. Jay Cutler
10. Alex Smith

I'd agree with 7 of those, I haven't seen Rodgers or Cutler play, so can't comment on them, and I don't think very highly of Vince Young either.

Earthquake Enyart
10-20-2006, 06:51 AM
Alex Smith is the only one I waiver on.

The other 9 are all better than JP.

Patrick76777
10-20-2006, 07:30 AM

I'd take any of those guys over JP.

You could expand the list to 20 and JP probably wouldn't be on it.

Guys like Leinert and that dude from TB looked 10 times better then JP in their second starts. Losman has 14 NFL starts, 2 full preseasons, 3 full traing camps and all of that off season study time, and he still needs another season or 2. Give me a break.

You either have it or you don't, Time to move on.

Typ0
10-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Losman has 14 NFL starts, 2 full preseasons, 3 full traing camps and all of that off season study time, and he still needs another season or 2. Give me a break.

thank you.