What other teams in the NFL could J.P. Losman start for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

What other teams in the NFL could J.P. Losman start for?

Right now, what other team in the NFL would consider starting J.P. Losman if he was on their team? Be honest here, seriously. You have to consider the team's situation and who the coach is:

Buffalo -- yes
    New England -- no
    Miami -- no
    NY Jets -- no

Cincinnati -- no
    Pittsburgh -- no
    Clevelend -- maybe, although I have doubts to whether Crennel would choose Losman over Frye
    Baltimore -- no

Indianapolis -- no
    Houston -- no
    Jacksonville -- no
    Tennessee -- no

San Diego -- no
    Denver -- no
    Oakland -- probably yes, this would probably be his best fit other than Buffalo
    Kansas City -- no, at least probably not

Philadelphia -- no
    NY Giants -- no
    Washington -- no
    Dallas -- no

Detroit -- no, I thought about it, but Kitna clearly outplayed J.P. last week, so no
    Minnesota -- no
    Chicago -- no
    Green Bay -- no

New Orleans -- no
    Atlanta -- no
    Carolina -- no
    Tampa Bay -- probably not, can't see Losman w/ Gruden

St. Louis -- no
    San Francisco -- no
    Arizona -- no
    Seattle -- no

I am not saying J.P. can't become a good quarterback. Heck, I'm not even saying that he is completely worthless right now. The fact remains though, most of these teams would not start him as he is playing right now, given their situations and who they have on their rosters. It's coincidental somewhat, but the Bills are the bottom of the barrel, and while it's not all Losman's fault by any stretch, he is not an asset to us yet.

Jon
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: What other teams in the NFL could J.P. Losman start for?

So all we need is for Oakland to start winning some games so we can get Quinn?

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      So all we need is for Oakland to start winning some games so we can get Quinn?
      Problem is, I'm not sure how good Quinn really will be in the pros. Could be Joe Montana, could be Rick Mirer.

Jon

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
        Senior Zoner
        • Oct 2006

I think you made a mistake with Frye.

Frye looks to me like he might have some ability.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by GFLuNEEDit
          I think you made a mistake with Frye.

Frye looks to me like he might have some ability.
          Agreed. That's why I said "maybe." I'm giving J.P. the benefit of the doubt that Crennel would look at him also as a young guy that is showing some potential and would consider it. One could argue that Frye would be the choice going away.

Jon

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Problem is, I'm not sure how good Quinn really will be in the pros. Could be Joe Montana, could be Rick Mirer.

Jon
            True.

That could be said for anyone who's drafted.

All im saying is if Quinn is on the board when the Bills pick they have to pick him.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              True.

That could be said for anyone who's drafted.

All im saying is if Quinn is on the board when the Bills pick they have to pick him.
              "All I'm saying is if Leinart is on the board when the Bills pick they have to pick him."

"All I'm saying is if Cutler is on the board when the Bills pick they have to pick him."

Jon

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

good way to sum up our situation I would say.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

"All I'm saying is if Leinart is on the board when the Bills pick they have to pick him."

"All I'm saying is if Cutler is on the board when the Bills pick they have to pick him."

Jon

yeah...I guess we couldn't decide which one we wanted to we comprimised and took a safety.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Typ0
                    yeah...I guess we couldn't decide which one we wanted to we comprimised and took a safety.
                    LOL! I like your rationale...

Jon

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Irrelevant point. What's that say other than most teams have a QB, and of course a coach would go with the guy he knows? Many other QBs -- say, Plummer, Kitna, Bledsoe, Carr, Grossman, Brunell, Johnson, any Miami QB, for example -- wouldn't be able to get a job anywhere else either unless there were a vacancy. There are few dependably good QBs in the league right now.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                        Irrelevant point. What's that say other than most teams have a QB, and of course a coach would go with the guy he knows? Many other QBs -- say, Plummer, Kitna, Bledsoe, Carr, Grossman, Brunell, Johnson, any Miami QB, for example -- wouldn't be able to get a job anywhere else either unless there were a vacancy. There are few dependably good QBs in the league right now.
                        Um, most of those guys (if not all) would be starting for the Bills if they were here.....

Raiders, Chiefs, Browns, Bucs, and some others would strongly consider some of these guys also, not to mention the teams that wouldn't have them on their rosters anymore (Redskins, Bears, Lions, Texans, etc.).

Jon

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

I guess maybe Wash. would be looking beyond Brunnell at this point since they lost to Vince Young, the rookie who "looked like a veteran" (jeff fisher) last week. Maybe if they had a property like JP Losman they would be willing to wait through five or six years of losing seasons to see if he'll pan out.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Um, most of those guys (if not all) would be starting for the Bills if they were here.....

Raiders, Chiefs, Browns, Bucs, and some others would strongly consider some of these guys also...

Jon
                            Um, no. They'd all get killed here, like Bledsoe did for 2 1/2 years.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Typ0
                              I guess maybe Wash. would be looking beyond Brunnell at this point since they lost to Vince Young, the rookie who "looked like a veteran" (jeff fisher) last week. Maybe if they had a property like JP Losman they would be willing to wait through five or six years of losing seasons to see if he'll pan out.
                              Gregg Williams would be a perfect fit for J.P.!

They have Jason Campbell too though. So no, even in "sarcastic world" it wouldn't pan out for J.P.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X