PDA

View Full Version : WHo Wants Losman here!

mikemac2001
10-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Just Post Here have all your names here and we will see at the end of year if he improves or not and who will switch...im sick of people on bandwagon then right back off.... i dont want reasons or discussions

I want losman here

Philagape
10-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Ask at the end of the season.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 09:39 PM
I love the Bills, LIVE for Buffalo Bills football season.

But I want JP out of here, and I hope at season's end Marv feels the same and goes out and signs a new through FRee agency, a trade or first round of the draft.

his inconsistent, he's shaky, he's easily rattled, he has no poise, he cant stay patient, he has not the FIRST CLUE on how to check down off his receivers, he isnt a leader, he doesnt have leadership qualities, I highly suspect his teammates have little confidence in him, and frankly.. He plays like he's at a minimum slightly ******ed..

He'll look like a champ against New England Sunday, get you excited and then crap himself the next week (I mean literally to the point where you see brown on his white pants) and fumble twice and throw three tunnel-vision picks against a **** team like Houston .. In my not humble opinion, that will NEVER change either.. One step forward, two steps back..

That's fine, if you want the Bills to get 5-7 wins for the next 1-4 years.. Better OL, better RB, Better WR, better coaches.. blahblahblah.. means nothing when your QB is a shaky inconsistent, bumbling turnover waiting to happen.

I have every right to be a Buffalo Bills fan and want the quarterback shipped out.. Sorry if you dont like it. I feel like if we got some good leadership behind center, we'd be on the right track a lot faster than with this inconsistent tool at the helm..

X-Era
10-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Just Post Here have all your names here and we will see at the end of year if he improves or not and who will switch...im sick of people on bandwagon then right back off.... i dont want reasons or discussions

I want losman here

I want Losman here. Im a Bills fan, hes our QB, and I stand behind him.

OpIv37
10-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Taking what Philagape said to the next level-

I want a QB who can play. If Losman proves he can play then I want him here.

If he still sucks at the end of this season, oh well he had his shot- time to move on for the sake of the team.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
I want Losman here. Im a Bills fan, hes our QB, and I stand behind him.
We'll see if you feel that way in 1-2 more games if he was to get benched for Holcomb or Nall.

X-Era
10-19-2006, 09:46 PM
We'll see if you feel that way in 1-2 more games if he was to get benched for Holcomb or Nall.

If that happens, I will think its a mistake, JP should have the whole year.

And, if it aint JP who solves our QB issue by the end of the year, we need to make a HUGE move to get the next QB.

I dont believe for a second that its Nall or KH, not for a nano-second.

In my mind Im talking a move up to #1 in the draft for the top QB, not sure if there will even be one.

OR, a trade for a proven young QB like Palmer, Brees, Eli (that will never happen obviously but we are talking about needing that caliper QB).

OR, signing the best FA. I dont think for second that Schaub is all we need. Hes a second tier signing and we suck when we take those chances, PERIOD!

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Why cant it be Nall? That's judgemental we've never seen him play in a game ONCE yet.. Holcomb, I'm totally with you.

I would take Schaub in a SECOND if we could.. I'd give up a second for him and not blink an eye, I'd even consider a first (unless it was a top 12 pick)

And as for the draft.. Lets say Troy Smith and Brady Quinn are the top two.. if the Bills are picking high enough to get either of them, that means he obviously got NO better as the season went on, and dont let the door hit JP in the ass on his way out if we're drafting that high..

OpIv37
10-19-2006, 09:52 PM

If he gets benched, I'll hold that against the coaching staff and not against Losman.

Benching Losman in the next couple of games means one of two things will happen, either:
a) a new QB will be found for next season and Losman's career in Buffalo will be done after 20-25 starts, meaning he didn't have sufficient opportunity for his position or
b) we go into next year with Losman still lacking experience, meaning we can expect him to make the same mistakes that he made last year and that he's making this year because he was deprived of the opportunity to improve.

It's lose-lose for Buffalo.

X-Era
10-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Why cant it be Nall? That's judgemental we've never seen him play in a game ONCE yet.. Holcomb, I'm totally with you.

I would take Schaub in a SECOND if we could.. I'd give up a second for him and not blink an eye, I'd even consider a first (unless it was a top 12 pick)

And as for the draft.. Lets say Troy Smith and Brady Quinn are the top two.. if the Bills are picking high enough to get either of them, that means he obviously got NO better as the season went on, and dont let the door hit JP in the ass on his way out if we're drafting that high..

And theres your problem.

You would can a guy with 1st round potential for a guy who couldnt even beat out the backup to the guy you call a clown or for a guy who hasnt lit the league on fire either.

All you want to do is trade mediocrity for more mediocrity. You might as well be calling for Alex Van Schlub to come back and start.

I just lost alot of respect for you.

By the way, Nall flat out stinks. He has a weak arm, AND doesnt have experience. That would be like starting Kelly Holcomb in his rookie year!

OpIv37
10-19-2006, 09:55 PM
And theres your problem.

You would can a guy with 1st round potential for a guy who couldnt even beat out the backup to the guy you call a clown or for a guy who hasnt lit the league on fire either.

All you want to do is trade mediocrity for more mediocrity. You might as well be calling for Alex Van Schlub to come back and start.

By the way, Nall flat out stinks. He has a weak arm, AND doesnt have experience. That would be like starting Kelly Holcomb in his rookie year!

Schaub has Rob Johnson written all over him. I'm not sure about Nall because I've never really seen him, but none of the things I've heard/read about him have been particularly impressive.

X-Era
10-19-2006, 09:57 PM
If he gets benched, I'll hold that against the coaching staff and not against Losman.

Benching Losman in the next couple of games means one of two things will happen, either:
a) a new QB will be found for next season and Losman's career in Buffalo will be done after 20-25 starts, meaning he didn't have sufficient opportunity for his position or
b) we go into next year with Losman still lacking experience, meaning we can expect him to make the same mistakes that he made last year and that he's making this year because he was deprived of the opportunity to improve.

It's lose-lose for Buffalo.

I agree, but some of these theorists are claiming we will land some vet who can be all we need. You know, the good ones are a dime a dozen. Or better yet, the guys who are buried on the bench are studs because we havent seen them play yet.

Theres only ONE version thats acceptable to me if JP fails. Thats we take the TOP RATED QB in next years draft, YES it means moving up most likely!!

Any other version is trading average fro average and does nothing.

And lets face it, we AINT trading what it would take for a young playoff caliper QB

OpIv37
10-19-2006, 09:58 PM
that means he obviously got NO better as the season went on, and dont let the door hit JP in the ass on his way out if we're drafting that high..

I wouldn't make that assumption only because our D is so bad. If the D continues to tank and if McGahee tanks/gets injured, it's perfectly possible for JP to improve but this team to still be picking very early in the draft.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 10:00 PM
And theres your problem.

you just proved you are totally, 100% clueless on this topic you are discussing.

1- Craig Nall may or may not suck.. But you have no clue what your talking about because anybody who's ever watched him play for 2 seconds knows he has a ****ing cannon for an arm.. He may not be mobile, he may be stupid, maybe he cant even spell his name.. but a weak arm my friend, is something that he does not possess.

2- I never said GET RID Of Losman and start Nall next year.. I said if this crap continues, start Nall NOW and sit JP's puzzled ass on the bench.. I said Give Nall a chance.. I didnt annoint Nall the future starter.. How much worse can he be than Losman three of the past four weeks?

3- Alex Van Schaub? LOL thats why the Falcons, DESPITE having Michael Vick turned down trade offers for him around the league, including a straight up Schaub for John Abraham trade (a Pro Bowl DE by the way). Get a clue what you're talking about.. He's a "backup" yet he'll be one of the most coveted RFA's in the market... again.

Personally, I like you.. I was feeling ya leading up to the draft as we were both down with Buffalo getting Vernon DAvis.. But when it comes to Losman, seriously, Sometimes I think you are him with too much time on your hands in between practice or film study or something.. Because you seem CLUELESS when it comes to quarterbacking.

TigerJ
10-19-2006, 10:03 PM
This is not set in stone, mind you, but I still want JP Losman here. If I don't see clear evidence that he is gaining field presence and confidence to match his physical talents, that will probably change in the offseason, but I'm giving him the whole season, and hoping that he makes it.

jmb1099
10-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Taking what Philagape said to the next level-

I want a QB who can play. If Losman proves he can play then I want him here.

If he still sucks at the end of this season, oh well he had his shot- time to move on for the sake of the team.
Totally agree.

X-Era
10-19-2006, 10:07 PM
you just proved you are totally, 100% clueless on this topic you are discussing.

1- Craig Nall may or may not suck.. But you have no clue what your talking about because anybody who's ever watched him play for 2 seconds knows he has a ****ing cannon for an arm.. He may not be mobile, he may be stupid, maybe he cant even spell his name.. but a weak arm my friend, is something that he does not possess.

2- I never said GET RID Of Losman and start Nall next year.. I said if this crap continues, start Nall NOW and sit JP's puzzled ass on the bench.. I said Give Nall a chance.. I didnt annoint Nall the future starter.. How much worse can he be than Losman three of the past four weeks?

3- Alex Van Schaub? LOL thats why the Falcons, DESPITE having Michael Vick turned down trade offers for him around the league, including a straight up Schaub for John Abraham trade (a Pro Bowl DE by the way). Get a clue what you're talking about.. He's a "backup" yet he'll be one of the most coveted RFA's in the market... again.

Personally, I like you.. I was feeling ya leading up to the draft as we were both down with Buffalo getting Vernon DAvis.. But when it comes to Losman, seriously, Sometimes I think you are him with too much time on your hands in between practice or film study or something.. Because you seem CLUELESS when it comes to quarterbacking.

Where in the hell did you get the idea that Nall has a rocket for an arm. Every report I read about him talked about how erratic his arm was and how he underthrew WR's.

Furthermore, if Schaub was so great, NO team wouldnt have done whatever it took to pry him from the Falcons? He is basically Billy Volek all over again. Yeah he didnt get traded, but that doesnt mean hes starting caliper QB worthy either.

You know better. Take a look around you, most of the best teams in the NFL these days have very high round, home grown QB's, thats the latest trend. And its a good one.

We have had an endless parade of supposedly talented QB's come through here with little success. Your going to buck that trend and play a guy who looks to be average? I agree our problems are in the trenches and that needs to be addressed. But if we dont, it wont matter WHO we have here, the result will be the same. My point is our record will be the same or even WORSE if we dont have a proven playoff caliper QB.

patmoran2006
10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
yer lucky my wife is *****ing at me to get off the computer..

and Nall's arm is as strong at Losman's, everyone knows that.

X-Era
10-19-2006, 10:19 PM
yer lucky my wife is *****ing at me to get off the computer..

and Nall's arm is as strong at Losman's, everyone knows that.

I need to personally thank your wife, where do you live again?

Im just kidding man, I dont agree with ya, but I respect your opinion.

GFLuNEEDit
10-19-2006, 10:22 PM

If a coaching staff cant tell whether a QB has what it takes after 20-25 starts they never will.

They make decisions on players after a few weeks of camp dont they ?

A former coach and GM decided Rob Johnson was better than Flutie even though he had very few starts , didnt they ?

There are plenty of players who can agrue that they didnt get as many starts as they needed to prove themselves.
So what makes Losman so special in that regard ?

A 20-25 game audition is far more than most of these players get to prove that they can catch on.

I dont believe for a second that these coaches need the rest of the games this year to figure out where they stand with Losman. They will know long before then if they dont already know.

Just like in the case of Rob Johnson, after he got in there as the starter, they saw the writing on the wall long before they admitted it.

Positive or negative on Losman they have a pretty good idea of what he can do and what his potential is.

SquishDaFish
10-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Hell YES! Fix the lines and we have a playoff team!

ddaryl
10-20-2006, 01:23 AM
I willing to give Losman this year and next year.

I'm tired of musical QB's and I believe he will get better.

Right now the team around him sucks bad enough that even if he has a so so year he deserves another.

Fix the trenches 1st.

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 03:30 AM
I want JP Losman here.

At present he is a young QB who is slowly coming on this season. He has played well and also had some shockers. If Nall was so great why did the Pack draft Rogers. I think they realised he wasn't starter material, and Marv brought him in because the only other FA QBs available were failed retreats.

The problems with replacing him are:

We'd need to get a Vet with an established rep like Pennington. If he were to play behind our line, how many quarters before he got a career ending injury? 2? 3? Plus any vet with any brains would take a look at our OL and say not worth the risk. Only the most mercenary want would to come being overpaid.

Going for someones backup has not really worked. Johnson was not as bad as people made out BUT I am not sure if Schaub is any better. He played in 5 games, look great in 3, whiffed in the other 2. Doesn't sound much of an upgrade. I would have a possible look if JP gets downhill further but with the QBs coming out I would offer no more than a R3. He is almost as unproven as a rookie. And again with trouble on the DL, on the OL, possibly being shorthanded at LB, needing a decent TE, a bigger no2 WR, maybe a CB, I think we won't have big amounts of cash to flash about.

I have seen some mock drafts with some QBs starting to slide. Including one with Drew Stanton in R2. With a lot of teams having picked their apparent QB of the future recently and with some seniors not lighting the world up with their play, I think we could say put or even trade down and still get a decent pick.

However the DL needs some help. Tampa2 is a system that is difficult to pick up immediately but I think we all agree a priority on Day1 is some size in the middle. The OL is a catastrophe. I could easily see our first 2 picks going on the OL even passing up Quinn, and still think we had the better draft. Why? well look at the Jets. They have Clemens. But before he even plays they will have integrated two very good young OLs in Ferguson and Mangold into the line. This means when he starts next season he has an established unit in front of him playing well.

Because of this I would be ok with not drafting any QB in 2007 and waiting to go in 2008. After all, beyond Quinn, the next 3 choices are Brohm who may not come out, Stanton who is inconsistent, and Smith who is having a great year but only one year from what I've read. The QB depth in 2008 reads just as deep and if we draft OL this year and QB in 2008 he comes onto a team with some veteran talent ahead of him.

Michael82
10-20-2006, 04:00 AM
I willing to give Losman this year and next year.

I'm tired of musical QB's and I believe he will get better.

Right now the team around him sucks bad enough that even if he has a so so year he deserves another.

Fix the trenches 1st.
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Great post! :bf1:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-20-2006, 05:52 AM
I have no idea why it is so important to me that JP succeed, perhaps it is because we have been so long without a QB, but I will not say I want him or not till the end of this season.

Typ0
10-20-2006, 06:03 AM
I don't think giving JP this season as his chance is going to cut it for him. At the end of the season we are going to be looking back and thinking the jury is still out on him. So that is going to be another season or two before we really know if he can cut it. Right now, he just doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a good NFL QB. He clearly is not in control a lot of times. This is not something that can be coached. In some cases it will come with maturity but we don't know if he'll ever get it. I wish we had drafted one of the guys we could have that has shown up to play from day one because all of this waiting around is tiring and rediculous.

TigerJ
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Where in the hell did you get the idea that Nall has a rocket for an arm. Every report I read about him talked about how erratic his arm was and how he underthrew WR's.

I disagree with both you and Pat on Nall. I understand Losman has the strongest arm on the team, but arm strength is not an issue for Nall. He has plenty of strength to make all the throws. There have been questions about his accuracy. That's where he tends to be a little erratic. Also, he's not a great practice QB. He looks a little awkard, but he has occasionally shown a knack for making plays in games. Granted, he hasn't gotten a lot of regular season playing time to confirm that he can do it when it counts.

djjimkelly
10-20-2006, 09:22 AM
LOSMAN IS THE FUTURE anyone who cant see that is clueless!!!!!!!!!

bflojohn
10-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Next year get JP Losman a viable recieving TE, a viable #2 reciever, a stud rookie OLT (Jake Long is my favorite!) and some road-grading OG's (yes, plural...) and THEN watch and see if he is skitish in the pocket or doesn't have the poise that EVERY winning QB in this league possesses! Otherwise, this whole argument is not getting us anywhere. He needs the tools to be a winner, it CANNOT happen ANY OTHER WAY!!!

The_Philster
10-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Just Post Here have all your names here and we will see at the end of year if he improves or not and who will switch...im sick of people on bandwagon then right back off.... i dont want reasons or discussions well what you wanted and what you got are 2 different things :laughter:

anyway, count me in..he's shown enough positives so far that I dodn't wanna give up on him just yet

raphael120
10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
look at Arizona's OL. Its about as bad as ours, the differences? Arizona has 3 legitimate starting WR's...us, try 1 1/2 (Roscoe counts as 1/2 cuz he is so tiny ahhaa). The QB is calm and confident and doesnt make stupid mistakes despite the line. Even Arizona's RB situation is crappier than ours! THATS what scares me about the Bears game they just played. They out performed the Bears on offense and defense with competant WR core and a competant QB. We have a mop headed QB who i think he needs to cut his hair because i think it gets in the way sometimes, a RB who can kick butt when he wants to, much better than Edge, if you ask me. And our WR's...Evans is good, and so is Roscoe, but Price is a waste if you ask me, and Reed? Come on. We need to draft a WR, OLs, DLs. And i think the strong point is our LB's, S. Our CB's look like dookie right now. The only thing I am happy about these bills games as opposed to last years is you can see decent rookie improvement and thats exciting to see, because the more the progress, the more set we are with those positions and the more we can focus on the gaping wound that is our lines.

Typ0
10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
look at Arizona's OL. Its about as bad as ours, the differences? Arizona has 3 legitimate starting WR's...us, try 1 1/2 (Roscoe counts as 1/2 cuz he is so tiny ahhaa). The QB is calm and confident and doesnt make stupid mistakes despite the line. Even Arizona's RB situation is crappier than ours! THATS what scares me about the Bears game they just played. They out performed the Bears on offense and defense with competant WR core and a competant QB. We have a mop headed QB who i think he needs to cut his hair because i think it gets in the way sometimes, a RB who can kick butt when he wants to, much better than Edge, if you ask me. And our WR's...Evans is good, and so is Roscoe, but Price is a waste if you ask me, and Reed? Come on. We need to draft a WR, OLs, DLs. And i think the strong point is our LB's, S. Our CB's look like dookie right now. The only thing I am happy about these bills games as opposed to last years is you can see decent rookie improvement and thats exciting to see, because the more the progress, the more set we are with those positions and the more we can focus on the gaping wound that is our lines.

oh come on....JP Losman is a rookie. Give him some time to catch up to Leinart.

Typ0
10-20-2006, 04:10 PM
I hate to say this...but I'd **** if JP led a drive like Leinart led at the end of that game. Just picking off chunks of yards like that...he's got his head on straight.

Luisito23
10-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I've seen more than enough from this guy, we need a real QB, get his sorry @ss otta here....:clown:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

DraftBoy
10-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Give him till the end of the year, pick up a QB late Day 1, Early Day 2 (Chris Leak), go OL in round 1, and round 2. Pick up some more depth in Day 2, including a sleeper WR. I dont think FA is gonna solve all our problems, bc the class appears really weak. Ideal draft;

1. Joe Thomas OT-Wisconsin
2. Mike Jones OG-Iowa
3. Chris Leak QB-Florida
4. Jay Alford DT-Penn State
5. -----TRADED TO STL------------
6. Matt Trannon WR/TE-Michigan St
7. Sylvain Young RB-Texas

This gives us two new OL starters, a realistic option for next season at QB. And great depth at DT, WR, and RB.

Would need a few FA's, but I think Hargrove is gonna blossom here.

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Give him till the end of the year, pick up a QB late Day 1, Early Day 2 (Chris Leak), go OL in round 1, and round 2. Pick up some more depth in Day 2, including a sleeper WR. I dont think FA is gonna solve all our problems, bc the class appears really weak. Ideal draft;

1. Joe Thomas OT-Wisconsin
2. Mike Jones OG-Iowa
3. Chris Leak QB-Florida
4. Jay Alford DT-Penn State
5. -----TRADED TO STL------------
6. Matt Trannon WR/TE-Michigan St
7. Sylvain Young RB-Texas

This gives us two new OL starters, a realistic option for next season at QB. And great depth at DT, WR, and RB.

Would need a few FA's, but I think Hargrove is gonna blossom here.

I reckon Fletcher-Baker will leave and that Thomas will go in the first 3 picks
So the ideal draft:

1. Paul Posluzny LB - Penn St (replacement for TKO or Fletch or both)
2. Doug Free LT - Northern Illinois (2nd best pure LT in draft)
3. Dan Bazuin DE - C.Michigan (because we need good DE depth)
4. Matt Herian TE - Nebraska
5. TRADED
6. Garrett Wolfe RB - Northern Illinois (a change of pace)
7. Dorian DeRosia - 6ft6 325lbs from Saginaw Valley St DT

We might be able to trade down for Posluzny and if we get an extra 3rd I'd look to get a centre or a DT

DraftBoy
10-20-2006, 05:50 PM
So the ideal draft:

5. TRADED

We might be able to trade down for Posluzny and if we get an extra 3rd I'd look to get a centre or a DT

Nope, Thomas bc of injury problems and lack of production this year should be there between 10-15...Under no circumstances should we take Posluzny. Free aint a bad pick...Bazuin is Babin jr, and wont be a solid DE, imo...Herian isnt anything special at TE. Wolfe in the 6th is a steal and I dont know about DeRosia.

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Nope, Thomas bc of injury problems and lack of production this year should be there between 10-15...Under no circumstances should we take Posluzny. Free aint a bad pick...Bazuin is Babin jr, and wont be a solid DE, imo...Herian isnt anything special at TE. Wolfe in the 6th is a steal and I dont know about DeRosia.

Unless Baker comes out, Thomas will be the no1 left tackle. And he won't last into double figures. But why are we talking about using a 1st rounder with injury problems and a lack of production?

Jones would be a good pick but then we go for an undersized QB barely 6ft in the 3rd, a DT of under 290lbs in the 4th when we have NTs at 299-304lbs getting mashed and then in a 6th a target who's a hybrid? Personally I don't like hybrids - you're either a WR or a TE

What is everyones beef with Puz? We have to face the fact that Rosenbaus may price Fletcher out of Buffalo and TKO may never return to his good old days. We are dangerously short of LB depth and if both go, we have Crowell and Ellison. Puz is described as the best Nittany Lion LB EVER which is good enough for me. Also his injury did not need surgery. As Penn St have changed their defence to a 3-4 this year his role is not as noticeable but he gives us depth inside and out and is an extremely intelligent defender in the Tampa2. Plus he is a high character blue collar player.

And if we can't get Free, I'd jump at Joe Staley.

Bazuin might also be another Aaron Schobel or Osi Umenyoura which is good enough for me. He's certainly worth a dip in the 3rd. Babin was a college end taken way to high at 27th overall and then played out of position for a couple of years. We stick Bazuin on the left and let him, Schobel, and Hargrove go mental on the QB

Herian like Newton has had injuries but his have been bones not ligaments which are easier to overcome. He is good off the line of scrimmage, is dangerous and fast enough in the seams, and by all accounts consistently bullies smaller players, which accounts for everyone except the fastest LBs. And he is a true TE. He has averaged up to 22yds per catch. And whilst he may not be the biggest TE, you don't play in an option offence and not know how to block

Wolfe gives us a change of pace

I am sure that when Marv and Dick scouted John DiGiorgio who they called about 15 seconds after last years draft, they noted that he was able to be so dynamic behind an enormous NT who cleared out all the garbage for him. Despite Tampa2 suiting smaller DTs having a big nasty on the rotation won't hurt especially at 325lbs

X-Era
10-20-2006, 06:36 PM
So the ideal draft:

5. TRADED

No, the ideal draft would be:

1) Dwayne Jarrett
2) Doug Free
3) Buster Davis
4) Frank Okam
5)
6) Darius Walker
7) ??

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Mmm interesting

I think the thing with Jarrett is there are one or two big WR in FA who will be available like Wilford of the Jags who can do the job.

Please oh please let Free drop to the second. If not Joe Staley is 6ft6, 300lbs and runs a 4.75 40yds and has lots of LT experience.

I think they will look at a TE before a WR but if we can't get Stevens or Graham, we look at one in the draft. As a Donahoe pick with no production, Everett will get the chop and needs replacing

I think what will scare most sides off from Davis is his height. I know we have done okay with Fletcher and there was always Sam Mills but I can see these guys in a 3-4 as the exception to the general rule that you need to be 6.1 or over.

And if Okam comes out he's gone in the 1st unless there is something that will cause a drop of Rien Long proportions

DraftBoy
10-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Unless Baker comes out, Thomas will be the no1 left tackle. And he won't last into double figures. But why are we talking about using a 1st rounder with injury problems and a lack of production?

Even if Baker comes out Thomas will likely be the top tackle, however I dont think he is being spoken about like a dominant OT in past years. He's likely to be around in the Levi Jones area. An injury, not injury problems, lack of production for him, is still 10x the protection we have now.

Jones would be a good pick but then we go for an undersized QB barely 6ft in the 3rd, a DT of under 290lbs in the 4th when we have NTs at 299-304lbs getting mashed and then in a 6th a target who's a hybrid? Personally I don't like hybrids - you're either a WR or a TE

Undersized, yes...but also probably the smartest, most experienced, and battle tested QB in the draft. You know he's a gamer, you know he's a leader, you know he can deal with pressure and has played in the high demand SEC for a top team. You can also see his smarts since he adapted from Zook's offense to Meyer's offense in one offseason. Those of which were completely oppositte of each other. The kid has all-world athelticism, but prefers to stay in the pocket and buy time to let his receivers get open.

What is everyones beef with Puz? We have to face the fact that Rosenbaus may price Fletcher out of Buffalo and TKO may never return to his good old days. We are dangerously short of LB depth and if both go, we have Crowell and Ellison. Puz is described as the best Nittany Lion LB EVER which is good enough for me. Also his injury did not need surgery. As Penn St have changed their defence to a 3-4 this year his role is not as noticeable but he gives us depth inside and out and is an extremely intelligent defender in the Tampa2. Plus he is a high character blue collar player.

The beef with Puz, is that he's overhyped. Fletcher gone or not, I still dont see LB as a huge need. They've also been saying all season that Connor is the better backer. Crowell, Ellison im pretty content with and add a vet in the offseason.

And if we can't get Free, I'd jump at Joe Staley.
Rather have Harris over Staley, both are super athletes.

Bazuin might also be another Aaron Schobel or Osi Umenyoura which is good enough for me. He's certainly worth a dip in the 3rd. Babin was a college end taken way to high at 27th overall and then played out of position for a couple of years. We stick Bazuin on the left and let him, Schobel, and Hargrove go mental on the QB
Bazuin has shown nothing to say he is next Schobel or Osi, to make such comparisons is assinine. There are other good DE's like Abiamiri, Carriker, Jackson, Crowder...but I still think Hargrove will be our answer as a starter and that only leaves Denney and Kelsay as depth guys.

Herian like Newton has had injuries but his have been bones not ligaments which are easier to overcome. He is good off the line of scrimmage, is dangerous and fast enough in the seams, and by all accounts consistently bullies smaller players, which accounts for everyone except the fastest LBs. And he is a true TE. He has averaged up to 22yds per catch. And whilst he may not be the biggest TE, you don't play in an option offence and not know how to block
Bolded areas are all I need to read to know I dont want this guy. All the players in the NFL are likely to not be small, and they are all fast. Also he's not a big guy, so his blocking ability means little imo.

Wolfe gives us a change of pace
Agreed

I am sure that when Marv and Dick scouted John DiGiorgio who they called about 15 seconds after last years draft, they noted that he was able to be so dynamic behind an enormous NT who cleared out all the garbage for him. Despite Tampa2 suiting smaller DTs having a big nasty on the rotation won't hurt especially at 325lbs
Sure, still dont know muc about him, but if what you say is true, no way he slips till 7th round, and where did you read they called this guy like asap after the draft?

feelthepain
10-20-2006, 09:18 PM
WHo Wants Losman here!

I do!!!

jmb1099
10-21-2006, 08:54 AM
I do!!!
Me Too! He already beat you guys once this year!
:bandwagon

kernowboy
10-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Even if Baker comes out Thomas will likely be the top tackle, however I dont think he is being spoken about like a dominant OT in past years. He's likely to be around in the Levi Jones area. An injury, not injury problems, lack of production for him, is still 10x the protection we have now.

Undersized, yes...but also probably the smartest, most experienced, and battle tested QB in the draft. You know he's a gamer, you know he's a leader, you know he can deal with pressure and has played in the high demand SEC for a top team. You can also see his smarts since he adapted from Zook's offense to Meyer's offense in one offseason. Those of which were completely oppositte of each other. The kid has all-world athelticism, but prefers to stay in the pocket and buy time to let his receivers get open.

The beef with Puz, is that he's overhyped. Fletcher gone or not, I still dont see LB as a huge need. They've also been saying all season that Connor is the better backer. Crowell, Ellison im pretty content with and add a vet in the offseason.

Rather have Harris over Staley, both are super athletes.

Bazuin has shown nothing to say he is next Schobel or Osi, to make such comparisons is assinine. There are other good DE's like Abiamiri, Carriker, Jackson, Crowder...but I still think Hargrove will be our answer as a starter and that only leaves Denney and Kelsay as depth guys.

Bolded areas are all I need to read to know I dont want this guy. All the players in the NFL are likely to not be small, and they are all fast. Also he's not a big guy, so his blocking ability means little imo.

Agreed

Sure, still dont know muc about him, but if what you say is true, no way he slips till 7th round, and where did you read they called this guy like asap after the draft?

Ok with such depth in LT we don't need to spend a number 1 pick here. There is not much between Thomas and Baker then Free. We can use a No1 in an area where the drop off in talent is considerable.

I can see Fletcher-Baker leaving as Rosenbaus will ask for too much and I can also see TKO leaving. I think he is struggling in the Tampa2 and achillies injuries are possible the worst injury to come back from. Look at the LBs who were never the same again. I am not sure we want to pay him loads for 80% of the old TKO. That leaves us with Crowell, Ellison and who exactly? Stammer? Haggan? DiGiorgio? and LB is not an impending need?

Harris needs to put on weight.

Bazuin ... has done nothing ....except for the 16.5 sacks last season. All the other guys are yes better and will go much higher than we'd want to pick. Denney and Kelsay have shown to date that they are not sack happy.

I do like Alford, but unless he can put on weight, it leaves us with every single DT under 300lbs if he replaces Anderson. I really think we need to take the largest NT we can if only to stop the run and make a dent against the power running offences we face in the AFC East.

Every article I've read about Leak suggests that while he is a good college QB he could well be a Stefan Lefors in the pro game. And it could be argued that Meyers system is the perfect fit for him and that he should have put big numbers. If we are going to take a QB on day2 I'd prefer Tyler Palko or Jeff Rowe but I think none are an upgrade on JP so I'll look to 2008 if I didn't draft early

Herrian is 6ft5 and 245lbs. Most think he could easily carry an extra 15lbs with no compromise on speed. He's also a very good receiver. I'm not sure that there are many safties who are 6ft5 and 255-260lbs which means he demands a fast LB on every play.

All I am saying about DeRosia is we have a head start on other teams. And because he is from a small school, he will be overlooked. He does have the raw tools however.

kernowboy
10-21-2006, 09:45 AM

and wasn't it therefore ASSININE to describe Bazuin as Babin Jnr if you don't like comparisons?

HAMMER
10-21-2006, 09:51 AM
"I have every right to be a Buffalo Bills fan and want the quarterback shipped out.. Sorry if you dont like it. I feel like if we got some good leadership behind center, we'd be on the right track a lot faster than with this inconsistent tool at th
e helm.."

Oh the irony of you calling someone else a tool, rich!

kernowboy
10-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Who called who a tool?

I can see Losman getting shipped out, but we have nothing on the current roster to replace him with and I really don't want another young QB having Gandy watch his back.

I think the Jets really lucked out last draft being able to draft Ferguson and Mangold and then following up with Clemens at QB. Their QB situation of Pennington, Clemens, and Ramsay is possibly the strongest in the league.

If we are able to get Brady Quinn in the 1st and Doug Free in the 2nd or Joe Thomas in the 1st and then Drew Stanton in the 2nd and add that two the signing of Eric Steinbach at LG, then I would be smiling. If we can then get a big WR and TE either through the draft or FA then we are looking good.

But again I want to counsel that we must get a LB on Day 1. Crowell can play inside so maybe we look at Tim Shaw from Penn St or Anthony Waters from Clemson if we keep Crowell on the outside

I could live with a Day1 of

R1 Quinn or Thomas
R2 Free or Stanton
R3 Shaw or Waters

DraftBoy
10-21-2006, 11:27 AM
and wasn't it therefore ASSININE to describe Bazuin as Babin Jnr if you don't like comparisons?

Where did I say I dont like comparisons??

DraftBoy
10-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Ok with such depth in LT we don't need to spend a number 1 pick here. There is not much between Thomas and Baker then Free. We can use a No1 in an area where the drop off in talent is considerable.

I can see Fletcher-Baker leaving as Rosenbaus will ask for too much and I can also see TKO leaving. I think he is struggling in the Tampa2 and achillies injuries are possible the worst injury to come back from. Look at the LBs who were never the same again. I am not sure we want to pay him loads for 80% of the old TKO. That leaves us with Crowell, Ellison and who exactly? Stammer? Haggan? DiGiorgio? and LB is not an impending need?

Harris needs to put on weight.

Bazuin ... has done nothing ....except for the 16.5 sacks last season. All the other guys are yes better and will go much higher than we'd want to pick. Denney and Kelsay have shown to date that they are not sack happy.

I do like Alford, but unless he can put on weight, it leaves us with every single DT under 300lbs if he replaces Anderson. I really think we need to take the largest NT we can if only to stop the run and make a dent against the power running offences we face in the AFC East.

Every article I've read about Leak suggests that while he is a good college QB he could well be a Stefan Lefors in the pro game. And it could be argued that Meyers system is the perfect fit for him and that he should have put big numbers. If we are going to take a QB on day2 I'd prefer Tyler Palko or Jeff Rowe but I think none are an upgrade on JP so I'll look to 2008 if I didn't draft early

Herrian is 6ft5 and 245lbs. Most think he could easily carry an extra 15lbs with no compromise on speed. He's also a very good receiver. I'm not sure that there are many safties who are 6ft5 and 255-260lbs which means he demands a fast LB on every play.

All I am saying about DeRosia is we have a head start on other teams. And because he is from a small school, he will be overlooked. He does have the raw tools however.

Agreed we dont have spend our #1 on a LT, I would almost prefer we go WR or DE with our 1st rounder after a deal down. Take Free in round 2. If Gaither also leaves early we could see Baker fall to around 15 and that would be a steal at that spot on a deal down (of course if he also leaves early).

Im not worried about our LB's your scenario is based on what if's we cant draft based on that, we can only draft based on what we have right now. I dont think Rosenass has as much influence over Fletch as he does TO. But I would rather sign a FA LB than draft one early, I hate drafting LB"s early, they usually take a while to make an impact in a 4-3 or cover D.

Agreed Harris needs to put on weight but he is technically sound.

Bazuin is a 5th year senior (nothing really wrong with that, but he does have injury problems) is only his 2nd year of ever playing college ball. Has a career high of 15 sacks not 16.5 (no big difference, but we gotta get the stats straight...here's my source;http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2006&org=129&player=93). Has 5 sacks this season in 7 games recording 4 of his 5 sacks against teams that nobody here would consider good football teams. He also seems to have consistency issues, he'll go 2-3 games with no sacks then blow up for a 3 sack game. Extremely similar to Jason Babin type of stats, size and speed.

We have shown no propensity to bring in a 300+ pound DT, while I agree its a mistake, we cant make the assumption that they will all the sudden change their direction to get a big DT. Though I really wish they would, so therefor we have to estimate the pick as a small DT.

Two problems about Leak, is were are these articles about Leak being a good QB, and that he should thrive under Urban Meyer's system? Does it take into account that in the red zone, Meyer likes to switch out his QB, and his well publicized displeasure with the lack of running Leak is willing to do. Also comparing Leak to Lefors is ok in my mind because Lefors hasnt played consistently in the NFL so I cant say thats a bad comparison. Just one that doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

Im not concerned about Herrian's size when it comes to safeties, Im more concerned with his run blocking of LB's who are bigger and faster than those he is seeing in college. Your the one who said he struggles against these types of players.

Good to know

jamze132
10-21-2006, 11:58 AM
I want Losman here. I have said all along we should give him at least 16 games to see if he can grasp the concept. Obviously a full assessment is due after this season.