PDA

View Full Version : Thurms Pre approved topic of the day

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
It is all but decided that Nate will be gone.

Mcgee is adequate but not a shut down CB.

We need to get Yobouty in there.

Do we bring in a FA or go with Greer/Yobouty?

Typ0
10-20-2006, 08:35 AM
where have we seen that Yobouty can even do the job a third stringer would do?

Typ0
10-20-2006, 08:36 AM
by the way...I am not so sure NC will be gone. I can see ML throwing $$ at him to keep him on the team...and frankly I think if our DL gets better and we get another end who can rush the passer NC is a guy we want on our team.

Earthquake Enyart
10-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Lame topic.

We might as well talk about the Jills. :::

Romes
10-20-2006, 08:47 AM
I think we can deal with Youboty/McGee/Greer next year if we can get a better pass rusher up the middle. Has a DT registered a sack for us this year?

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Well Youboty had a first round grade, but slipped to us in the third, so he was considered sufficiently talented to have deserved consideration. Like with Brad Butler, we are only going to know if we get him of the field if he can do a job for us.

Clements is gone. He wants Champ Bailey money while he plays like training camp fodder. He will be a free agent and somebody will over pay for him, certainly more than he is worth. At the moment we could wait and bring in someone like Mike Rumph or Andre Woolfork and they wouldn't do any worse.
He is playing like he no longer wants to be here, and doesn't care who knows it.

Of the current Free Agent options, I think only Ahmed Plummer is available and signable. Not the fastest but a steady veteran who can do a job. He could certainly provide veteran leadership for McGee and Youboty and is a local lad (former Buckeye), former 1st rounder with a couple more years in the tank. I thought we should have looked at him last summer.

OpIv37
10-20-2006, 08:52 AM
by the way...I am not so sure NC will be gone. I can see ML throwing $$ at him to keep him on the team...and frankly I think if our DL gets better and we get another end who can rush the passer NC is a guy we want on our team.

One problem- how is our DL going to get better if we have to throw money at Clements and McGahee?

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 09:16 AM
where have we seen that Yobouty can even do the job a third stringer would do?
We haven't that is the point of the thread.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Lame topic.

I wanted to start a Jills thread but I came accross copywright infringement with Phil

The_Philster
10-20-2006, 11:22 AM
One thing we need to do, no matter who's playing at CB, is stop playing them so far off the WRs. I think a lot of the plays against our CBs have been made when Nate and T-Mac are playing off

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Re-sign Nate Clements!!!!!!!!!!

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2006, 11:32 AM
One problem- how is our DL going to get better if we have to throw money at Clements and McGahee?
Its not like were tight on cap space.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Re-sign Nate Clements!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't be opposed to this but no way he is a top 10 cb.....

OpIv37
10-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Its not like were tight on cap space.

no but we have a lot of needs and a lot of people to shell out to keep. Fletch signed with Rosenass, which means that in the off-season we have to keep/replace Fletch, Clements, McGahee has well as find a DT, a DE, a TE and fix the OL. Our cap space is good, but it's not THAT good.

patmoran2006
10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Develop Youboty and start playing him.. Thats why we drafted him.. thats all we can do.

We have too many other bigger needs to spend good money or a high pick on a corner.. Maybe if we ever get a consistent pass rush it wont matter as much.

patmoran2006
10-20-2006, 01:45 PM
BTW, "
I think after the bye he starts gettign some playing time.

How much worse can he be than K Thomas?

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 01:54 PM
no but we have a lot of needs and a lot of people to shell out to keep. Fletch signed with Rosenass, which means that in the off-season we have to keep/replace Fletch, Clements, McGahee has well as find a DT, a DE, a TE and fix the OL. Our cap space is good, but it's not THAT good.

Exactly. And Clements wants Champ Bailey money. I wouldn't mind if he played like Champ Bailey but he's currently playing like someone who deserves the veteran minimum.

I don't even think we'll resign Fletcher because this is last big pay day. Will Spikes ever come back from his achillies fully and if not does he deserve what he's being paid. I think we'll get some help in the draft that will come cheap but we may have to spend big at TE, NT, WR as well as determine if McGahee deserves what he'll try to claim he should be paid.

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2006, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to this but no way he is a top 10 cb.....
Really? name 10 people better than Nate.

I dont want to make the same mistake with Nate, that we did with Pat Williams.. We need this guy, SHOW HIM THE MONEY MARV!!

DraftBoy
10-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Really? name 10 people better than Nate.

I dont want to make the same mistake with Nate, that we did with Pat Williams.. We need this guy, SHOW HIM THE MONEY MARV!!

Bailey
McCalister
Hall
Samuel
Dyson
Shepperd
Mathis
Barber
Winfield
Rolle

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 05:16 PM
and Samuel is a free agent who will be cheaper than what Nate and his ego think of his worth.

Lets face it, Clements doesn't want to stay

Typ0
10-20-2006, 05:18 PM
who approves these topics anyway?

X-Era
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Lame topic.

lame response, we might as well talk to the Jills

The_Philster
10-20-2006, 05:56 PM
who approves these topics anyway?
Thurm, obviously ...even says so in the thread title :shakeno:

Typ0
10-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Thurm, obviously ...even says so in the thread title :shakeno:

oh I thought it was some official billszone thing or something....now I know why the threads suck.