PDA

View Full Version : Hey NE39

Patrick76777
10-20-2006, 09:09 AM
At least the Sabres own the Bruins! 7-1 last year!

I just jinxed us for Saturday!

Ickybaluky
10-20-2006, 09:17 AM
At least the Sabres own the Bruins! 7-1 last year!

I just jinxed us for Saturday!

I used to be a big Bruins fan when I was young. My Dad grew up in East Boston and used to sneak into the Garden when he was a kid. Bruins games were bigger than church in our house.

The last few years I've gotten away from watching the Bruins. Jeremy Jacobs didn't give a rats ass about winning, he was just making money. Harry Sinden was good enough to put together good teams for a while, but they would never spend the little bit extra to put the team over the top. They always has bad contract issues with their players. When Sinden got older and started losing his fastball, the team went into the toilet as well.

I may start getting back into it, though. Jacobs son, Charlie, has had a much bigger role in running the team. He flushed out the old regime and brought in all new players. Granted, they made a big blunder trading away Thornton last year, which makes rebuilding harder. I'm willing to give Peter Chiarelli and Dave Lewis a clean slate, although it may take some time for them to get the team back to a competitive level. I liked that they went out and got Zdeno Chara. They may have overpaid for him but he is the type of guy they needed to bring in to get back on the road to respectability.

I hope they get there. There is nothing like playoff hockey in terms of speed and intensity.

Patrick76777
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
I used to be a big Bruins fan when I was young. My Dad grew up in East Boston and used to sneak into the Garden when he was a kid. Bruins games were bigger than church in our house.

The last few years I've gotten away from watching the Bruins. Jeremy Jacobs didn't give a rats ass about winning, he was just making money. Harry Sinden was good enough to put together good teams for a while, but they would never spend the little bit extra to put the team over the top. They always has bad contract issues with their players. When Sinden got older and started losing his fastball, the team went into the toilet as well.

I may start getting back into it, though. Jacobs son, Charlie, has had a much bigger role in running the team. He flushed out the old regime and brought in all new players. Granted, they made a big blunder trading away Thornton last year, which makes rebuilding harder. I'm willing to give Peter Chiarelli and Dave Lewis a clean slate, although it may take some time for them to get the team back to a competitive level. I liked that they went out and got Zdeno Chara. They may have overpaid for him but he is the type of guy they needed to bring in to get back on the road to respectability.

I hope they get there. There is nothing like playoff hockey in terms of speed and intensity.

You'te telling me. We've got the Best team in hockey right now, Kind of like the Pats of the NHL, Smart, hardworking players who can fly, a great defense and 2 playoff level goalies. Should have won the cup last year if we didn't lose our top 5 D-men to injury in the span of 2 weeks. Odds on favorite to win it this year.

ICE74129
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Can a mod move this thread. It isn't bills related.

Patrick76777
10-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Can a mod move this thread. It isn't bills related.

Hey Ice, Your nerd is showing