PDA

View Full Version : I am a JP Boyfriend

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 09:17 AM
And I am not embarrassed to admit it Pat/EE.

OpIv37
10-20-2006, 09:19 AM
you and Miyagi are :limp: today. I think you guys have man-crushes on JP.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 09:20 AM
you and Miyagi are :limp: today. I think you guys have man-crushes on JP.
No we arent.

ICE74129
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
you and Miyagi are :limp: today. I think you guys have man-crushes on JP. no we are fans that support the team, therefore we support the QB. It would be nice if the rest of you would get on board.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 09:23 AM
no we are fans that support the team, therefore we support the QB. It would be nice if the rest of you would get on board.
:hi5:
Seriously

theanswer74
10-20-2006, 09:24 AM
no we are fans that support the team, therefore we support the QB. It would be nice if the rest of you would get on board.

So you would support Holcomb?

Would you like fries with that BS? The quicker Losman is off this team, the quicker the Bills can turn it around.

ICE74129
10-20-2006, 09:26 AM
:hi5:
Seriously

Its time they start acting like fans and support the QB.

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2006, 09:27 AM
And I am not embarrassed to admit it Pat/EE.
Way to steal my thunder Patrick. :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 09:27 AM

Would you like fries with that BS? The quicker Losman is off this team, the quicker the Bills can turn it around.
I started a thread on who JP would be replaced with if we got rid of him. Not so sure you would like who will be available.

You need to think about that before just getting rid of him.

theanswer74
10-20-2006, 09:31 AM
I started a thread on who JP would be replaced with if we got rid of him. Not so sure you would like who will be available.

You need to think about that before just getting rid of him.

It has nothing to do with who, I just want a guy 30 or under who has not had a shot.

Its not about naming a guy a savior, it's about trying to fix something that is not working.

Yeah, if they want to run on 3rd and short they need to do the same with the OL. If they want to stop 3rd and short and rush the passer, they need to do the same with the DL.

It's not that the QB is the only broken part on this team, but it is one of them, and it needs to be fixed.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 09:33 AM
It has nothing to do with who, I just want a guy 30 or under who has not had a shot.

Its not about naming a guy a savior, it's about trying to fix something that is not working.

Yeah, if they want to run on 3rd and short they need to do the same with the OL. If they want to stop 3rd and short and rush the passer, they need to do the same with the DL.

It's not that the QB is the only broken part on this team, but it is one of them, and it needs to be fixed.
Exactly

what you want is really not available.

Schaub gets thrown out there like he is the savior of the league.

He could be good but he is really unproven and may cost a good amount as he is a RFA. If Jp contiues his poor play I would be behind going after him but we could be in the same boat again.

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 09:38 AM

Agreed but unlike some of the guys posting, its a position that needs to get fixed in order.

First - we need to fix the OL
Second - we need a good TE and a big no2 receiver
third - we need to sort the DL and maybe do our own Tampa2 with
a much bigger NT because we are playing catch up too much
fourth - only then to be look at the QB

We have a crap OL, a shocking TE collection, and a group of WRs who are all the same in stature and build. No QB can thrive on getting harassed all day with only Evans to throw to

Cut JP some slack

OpIv37
10-20-2006, 09:39 AM

it's fully possible to support the team without saying you love another man or that you're another man's boyfriend. We're Bills fans, not prison inmates (although sometimes I think being a Bills fan is just as miserable).

theanswer74
10-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Exactly

what you want is really not available.

Schaub gets thrown out there like he is the savior of the league.

He could be good but he is really unproven and may cost a good amount as he is a RFA. If Jp contiues his poor play I would be behind going after him but we could be in the same boat again.

I want proven to be good or unproven. I dont want proven to be bad and inconsistent.

No one knows with QB's. Thats why JP is still the starter and why ROb Johnson played on a couple other teams after the Bills.

You let them play, they either have it or they dont.

By the end of the season, there should be a game where JP lead us to a late score, come from behind win, or a tough high scoring loss where he balled all game long. I have seen really bad teams have young QB's put up games like that.

By the end of the year we are talking 24 starts and 29 games played, we need something to hang our hat on in that time.

Until that happens, JP just doesnt deserve another year.

Just like other players who constantly do not get the job done.

JP is not the only guy that should get the axe.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2006, 09:42 AM
I want proven to be good or unproven. I dont want proven to be bad and inconsistent.

No one knows with QB's. Thats why JP is still the starter and why ROb Johnson played on a couple other teams after the Bills.

You let them play, they either have it or they dont.

By the end of the season, there should be a game where JP lead us to a late score, come from behind win, or a tough high scoring loss where he balled all game long. I have seen really bad teams have young QB's put up games like that.

By the end of the year we are talking 24 starts and 29 games played, we need something to hang our hat on in that time.

Until that happens, JP just doesnt deserve another year.

Just like other players who constantly do not get the job done.

JP is not the only guy that should get the axe.
I am behind this post 100%

theanswer74
10-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Agreed but unlike some of the guys posting, its a position that needs to get fixed in order.

First - we need to fix the OL
Second - we need a good TE and a big no2 receiver
third - we need to sort the DL and maybe do our own Tampa2 with
a much bigger NT because we are playing catch up too much
fourth - only then to be look at the QB

We have a crap OL, a shocking TE collection, and a group of WRs who are all the same in stature and build. No QB can thrive on getting harassed all day with only Evans to throw to

Cut JP some slack

We need a lot of things, atleast it seems that way.

On the DL, why would we replace Kyle Williams and John McCargo? Those guys have to play right? I know you didnt say replace them, but McCargo almost is in the same situation as JP his rookie year, but I bet you want no part of him starting next year.

If you feel JP is part of the problem, he should be replaced, If you feel JP is not the problem, then you keep him.

Right there, even though you said he is 4th, you said he is a problem. So why keep him?

We have been there done that already. We saw bad QB play, this looks very similar.

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2006, 10:10 AM

If Losman were injured or Holcomb was the better QB. Your damn right I would support him, but that is clearly not the case.

theanswer74
10-20-2006, 10:26 AM
If Losman were injured or Holcomb was the better QB. Your damn right I would support him, but that is clearly not the case.

I agree, but you cant say the same about Nall because we never saw him yet, he never got the chance.

Im not calling for Nall, JP should play all year so we get more to judge him on, but we need something more than just improved accuracy. Im glad he is not bouncing balls anymore, but I would be as glad if he was starting at UB, if you get my point.

Maybe I should just lower my standards, i dont know.

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Oh I think Kyle Williams is a great pick, and I think McCargo will come good. However they are paired with Tim Anderson who has to be replaced and as Williams and McCargo are under 300lbs, I think someone of over 310-320lbs will provide ballast and keep them fresh.

I list QB as 4th for this simple reason

If we get a new QB he can't play behind our current sieve and have only one credible target. It would be pointless. We absolutely must get the other guys in place first. So I think the QB pick must come in 2008 after the OL, TE, WR and DL depth issue has been handled. At the moment there isn't a vet available who would be an upgrade, looking at Schaub's current stats and I grow increasingly unconvinced, and I would be interested to see how JP continues to progress if indeed he does

So until further notice, whilst not a lover, I will cut the guy some slack

theanswer74
10-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Oh I think Kyle Williams is a great pick, and I think McCargo will come good. However they are paired with Tim Anderson who has to be replaced and as Williams and McCargo are under 300lbs, I think someone of over 310-320lbs will provide ballast and keep them fresh.

I list QB as 4th for this simple reason

If we get a new QB he can't play behind our current sieve and have only one credible target. It would be pointless. We absolutely must get the other guys in place first. So I think the QB pick must come in 2008 after the OL, TE, WR and DL depth issue has been handled. At the moment there isn't a vet available who would be an upgrade, looking at Schaub's current stats and I grow increasingly unconvinced, and I would be interested to see how JP continues to progress if indeed he does

So until further notice, whilst not a lover, I will cut the guy some slack

You will never know when the pieces are in place if the QB holds the footbal too long, makes his reads to late, or is reluctant to pull the trigger.

These are things Losman is doing. WHY?? I have no clue. Could be the lack of players open, could be a lot of things, all I know is it is a problem that needs to be fixed.

When I see Andre Davis running wide open and JP throws it late and off target, I think it's the QB. When Losman throws it late and too far to Lee Evans in the Bears game, I think it's the QB.

There are plays not being made because of the QB. There are plays not being made because of the OL and RB not picking up the blitz. There are things that need to be changed, but anyone that says Losman is not part of the problem really cant be watching the game.

Mike Gandy blocks the DE sometimes also, sometimes aint good enough anymore.

Iehoshua
10-20-2006, 11:02 AM
ABB!

Anybody But Bledsoe!

:bravo:

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2006, 11:06 AM
I agree, but you cant say the same about Nall because we never saw him yet, he never got the chance.

Im not calling for Nall, JP should play all year so we get more to judge him on, but we need something more than just improved accuracy. Im glad he is not bouncing balls anymore, but I would be as glad if he was starting at UB, if you get my point.

Maybe I should just lower my standards, i dont know.
Well if your not calling for Nall, what are you calling for? Nall is more unproven than JP, doesnt have nowhere near as much athletic ability. Im just scratching my head here, thinking why our #3 string QB deserves a chance? It seems like everybody is eager to give our backups a shot, like he is the next Tom Brady or something. Their back-ups for a reason. If JP doesnt work out, I would rather us trade up and get the best QB available. Obviously, we need to finish watching this season to determine whether or not JP is our man, I personally think he is. If JP shows more improvement, I say we give him another year.

theanswer74
10-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Well if your not calling for Nall, what are you calling for? Nall is more unproven than JP, doesnt have nowhere near as much athletic ability. Im just scratching my head here, thinking why our #3 string QB deserves a chance? It seems like everybody is eager to give our backups a shot, like he is the next Tom Brady or something. Their back-ups for a reason. If JP doesnt work out, I would rather us trade up and get the best QB available. Obviously, we need to finish watching this season to determine whether or not JP is our man, I personally think he is. If JP shows more improvement, I say we give him another year.
I did not say for JP to be benched for Nall.

Unproven means you dont know about the guy.

WHy has JP Losman improved this year?? Because he doesnt throw at WR's feet anymore. Thats all.

Because JP shows that he can drop back and throw to an open WR does not mean he can lead us to where we want to go.

How does he do in pressure situations? These are what people need to judge him on, not throwing the football, we know he can throw the ball as good as any QB.

Right now, most people seem to have the mind set of trying to win like the Ravens did in 2000.

Thats the standard most fans of JP are using for the QB. Im using the Tom Brady standard. We need a guy we can depend on.

I have no clue what we do to get that guy, Im not going to act like I do, but I just dont think it's JP.