Introducing the QB of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the QB of the future?

I will get slatted by the lovers and haters for this.

The QB of the future is ..................... Kyle Wright

Taken by Buffalo Bills around the 20-24th in Round 1 of 2008 draft

A Miami Hurricane alumini ( we have done well there ), Kyle overcame his initial inconsistency yet impressive numbers to cement his rep of having been one of the countrys top prep QBs.

Noted for his strong arm, prototype size (6ft4, 220lbs) surprising mobility and leadership Kyle suffered from the run on QBs in 2007 leaving few teams needing QBs.

The Bills were considered to have made a steal having stayed still in the draft having made the playoffs with a 10-6 season as an only marginally altered line with a new LT, and a thoroughly improved Tamp2 defence finally clicked.

The only sour note was that JP Losman had finally started to play up to his potential after Marv had drafted along the trenches in 2007 and made some astute offensive weapon signings. However due to the unrelenting abuse he had received in his first 3 years, he decided to test free agency and was signed by the Saints after Brees gammy shoulder blew up
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Introducing the QB of the future?

Originally posted by kernowboy
    I will get slatted by the lovers and haters for this.

The QB of the future is ..................... Kyle Wright

Taken by Buffalo Bills around the 20-24th in Round 1 of 2008 draft

A Miami Hurricane alumini ( we have done well there ), Kyle overcame his initial inconsistency yet impressive numbers to cement his rep of having been one of the countrys top prep QBs.

Noted for his strong arm, prototype size (6ft4, 220lbs) surprising mobility and leadership Kyle suffered from the run on QBs in 2007 leaving few teams needing QBs.

The Bills were considered to have made a steal having stayed still in the draft having made the playoffs with a 10-6 season as an only marginally altered line with a new LT, and a thoroughly improved Tamp2 defence finally clicked.

The only sour note was that JP Losman had finally started to play up to his potential after Marv had drafted along the trenches in 2007 and made some astute offensive weapon signings. However due to the unrelenting abuse he had received in his first 3 years, he decided to test free agency and was signed by the Saints after Brees gammy shoulder blew up
    Thats ****ing brilliant. so we draft a QB in 08 which means in 2010 he will be ready to go just as the other players we have had here are gone.

Comment

I just think this

I'll give JP 2007. I'll give him an OL. I'll give him a TE that is better than the idiots we have. I'll give him a No2 receiver who is not a mini-me.

If he can't do it by then, then we draft a QB Round 1 no questions asked.

What I am concerned about is that he will be aware of the constant abuse he gets here, and he'll just think "F**k the Bills" and will head off somewhere else. And it will be a failing of the fans to properly support him.

In English soccer, when one of our players commits a howler, what do we do? We chant his name. We chant so loud, we drown out the opposition. We chant so loud that it seems every fan in the stadium is behind him. He may be a donkey but we'll tell everyone he is a god.

Why?

Because if you chant against your players, you are against your team, and if you are against your team you are not a fan

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
        I just think this

I'll give JP 2007. I'll give him an OL. I'll give him a TE that is better than the idiots we have. I'll give him a No2 receiver who is not a mini-me.

If he can't do it by then, then we draft a QB Round 1 no questions asked.

What I am concerned about is that he will be aware of the constant abuse he gets here, and he'll just think "F**k the Bills" and will head off somewhere else. And it will be a failing of the fans to properly support him.

In English soccer, when one of our players commits a howler, what do we do? We chant his name. We chant so loud, we drown out the opposition. We chant so loud that it seems every fan in the stadium is behind him. He may be a donkey but we'll tell everyone he is a god.

Why?

Because if you chant against your players, you are against your team, and if you are against your team you are not a fan
        Hell if he had that we would be at least 5-1 right now!

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

You're insane. Wright totally blows.

Jon

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'm sick of Hurricanes and their thug attitude.

I want a QB that gives a ****.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

wright does blow.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

but so does brady quinn
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  but so does brady quinn
                  I agree.

Jon

Comment

Wright has another season to pull it around. I'd rather a QB who is advancing rather than regressing. I am however coming round to the Brady Quinn band wagon, but no way if we have to move up. And only if we have some major line surgery. We have to draft a LT like Doug Free no later than R2 and give Eric Steinbach a Steve Hutchinson type deal.

That leaves us with DE/DT in Rounds 3 and 4 so I hope someone may drop to us.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Oline and Dline picks 1 - 7

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

but so does brady quinn
                        Originally posted by Mudflap1
                        I agree.

Jon
                        fair enough.

If JP completely screws up the rest of this season and makes it painfully obvious that he's not our QB of the future, what would you two suggest we do about the QB situation?

Disclaimer: I'm not knocking JP or suggesting that this situation will actually occur- it's merely a hypothetical to get some opinions on what we should do if it does.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          fair enough.

If JP completely screws up the rest of this season and makes it painfully obvious that he's not our QB of the future, what would you two suggest we do about the QB situation?

Disclaimer: I'm not knocking JP or suggesting that this situation will actually occur- it's merely a hypothetical to get some opinions on what we should do if it does.
                          Get a moderately-priced quarterback with some playing experience who can come in and "manage" the game, even though I hate that term. Build up the rest of the team around him. Then once the rest of the team has been solidly built, you go get your quarterback of the future. The Broncos have done this well by re-tooling with a guy like Plummer, getting the team up to playoff-caliber, then drafting a guy like Cutler. Pefect model.

Types of quarterbacks that would fit this bill? Guys like Brunnell or Plummer. Not as they are now, but how they were perceived 2 years ago or so when they were free agents. Guys with playoff and starting experience who might not be world-beaters, but are competent and can play. Someone like Volek would be okay. Some others (not sure if they will be available or not):

Charlie Batch
                          Trent Green (if available -- might be a little pricier)
                          Brian Griese

These guys are not all-stars, nor am I suggesting they should be. But they can be serviceable. Again, we will need to build the offensive lines and defensive lines around them. Then once the rest of the team is up to snuff, we find our quarterback of the future, who I don't believe has risen yet in the college ranks.

Jon

Comment

• BillsNick
                            • Jul 2003

This thread Blows.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

but so does brady quinn

Agreed

Brohm
                              Leak
                              Henne
                              Ainge

Would be my top 4 choice...Leak is my personal favorite.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X