PDA

View Full Version : Jauron believes Bills still on right course

The_Philster
10-20-2006, 11:13 AM
When it comes to snapping some life into his team, a hockey coach can switch goaltenders, bench an entire line that's not producing, switch systems in one practice.
A baseball manager can juggle his starting rotation or call up a hot bat from the minor leagues. A basketball coach can implement a half-dozen various defenses in one game or change the complexion of his entire team with just one or two player moves. As for your neighborhood NFL football coach, who has 53 players to get on the same page? Well, once the season has started, he's pretty much limited to subtle tinkering and Knute Rockne speeches to get his team off the schneid. ...more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061020/SPORTS03/610200377/1021)

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2006, 11:18 AM
"I do believe J.P. is progressing — it doesn't mean I think he's played all good games," said Jauron, who made 23 QB changes involving seven different players while coach of the Chicago Bears. "I think the bad things that have happened to him, he's learning from them and he's going to get better. It's just going to take a little time. I don't know how much time. Hopefully it happens this weekend." - Jauron

That striked me when I read it. Jauron wont hesitate to bench JP if he thinks its the right move.

ICE74129
10-20-2006, 11:21 AM
"I do believe J.P. is progressing — it doesn't mean I think he's played all good games," said Jauron, who made 23 QB changes involving seven different players while coach of the Chicago Bears. "I think the bad things that have happened to him, he's learning from them and he's going to get better. It's just going to take a little time. I don't know how much time. Hopefully it happens this weekend." - Jauron

That striked me when I read it. JP wont hesitated to bench JP if he thinks its the right move.

Ok so the author says he has benched x amount of QB's. At no point did I get from DJ's comments that JP will be benched anytime soon. Maybe DJ learned its bad for your team, and well...flat out stupid, to be benching QB's. Let them play and develop.

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Ok so the author says he has benched x amount of QB's. At no point did I get from DJ's comments that JP will be benched anytime soon. Maybe DJ learned its bad for your team, and well...flat out stupid, to be benching QB's. Let them play and develop.

Did I imply that? Read my post. Seeing Jaurons history, I simply stated Jauron wouldnt hesitate to bench JP, if he saw it fit to do so.

kernowboy
10-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I think Jauron has learnt that QB changes rarely help a team.

Didn't Flutie come in because Johnson got injured?

ICE74129
10-20-2006, 11:30 AM
I fully expect OP to come poop on this postive article about the bills in 5...4...3...2...

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Didn't Flutie come in because Johnson got injured?
Yes.

But the switch back before the playoffs was NOT due to injury.

mybills
10-20-2006, 01:17 PM
"And maybe get angry for once."
:evil:

Mr. Cynical
10-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Tick-tock.

OpIv37
10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
this is one of those media-friendly speeches.

What do you expect him to say. "No, we're not on the right track at all. My boss Marv completely blew it with the guys he brought in this off-season and the systems I've implemented just haven't gotten it done. We might as well just forfeit the rest of our games, and I'm sending my resume to Canadian teams cuz I know I won't be back next year"

Please.

mybills
10-20-2006, 01:54 PM
please...you're the only one that could come up with something that negative! :rofl:

OpIv37
10-20-2006, 01:55 PM
please...you're the only one that could come up with something that negative! :rofl:

Yeah I know.

I'm just saying that even if he doesn't think the team is on the right track, he's not going to say that to the media.

jmb1099
10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
this is one of those media-friendly speeches.

What do you expect him to say. "No, we're not on the right track at all. My boss Marv completely blew it with the guys he brought in this off-season and the systems I've implemented just haven't gotten it done. We might as well just forfeit the rest of our games, and I'm sending my resume to Canadian teams cuz I know I won't be back next year"

Please.
please don't ever volunteer for the suicide hotline...ever...lol