PDA

View Full Version : I think the tone of this week's game is set early...

Ickybaluky
10-21-2006, 02:42 PM
The tone of this week's game will be set early. The Pats have been improving as a team, which is similar to year's past. They are a team that gets better as the year progresses under Belichick.

However, coming off their bye week they may be a little flat at the start, and Buffalo will be fired up playing at home for the first time in 3 weeks. Buffalo has been a much stronger team at home, and if they get an early lead on the Patriots they can pull off the upset.

If the Pats can keep it a close or tied at the half, then I think they pull away and win. I they come out executing strong, then they should win easily. However, Buffalo isn't as bad a team as people here are making them out to be after last week's loss to Detriot. They are a young team, but they have a lot of speed on defense and if they have balance on offense they can be very dangerous.

The key will be who gets the early edge. If Buffalo jumps out to an early lead and plays with a lot of intensity, then I think they win the game. That would allow them to mix the run and pass on offense and keep the Pats off-balance. It will play to the strength of their defense, which is far better playing with a lead than when behind.

This is a tough spot for the Pats, and I could see them losing this week. The key is matching the Bills' early intensity, which I'm pretty sure will be there.

That is how I see it, anyway.

jmb1099
10-21-2006, 07:18 PM
nice post.

OpIv37
10-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Buffalo has been a much stronger team at home,.

too bad no one told that to the Jets.

But generally, I agree with your post. This Bills team just doesn't have the ability to come back from behind- their best chance is to use that balanced offensive attack to get ahead early.

The biggest obstacle will be Maroney. If he plays the whole game I bet he racks up 130 on our DL. If the Bills somehow manage to stop him and control their penalties, they should be able to win.

Ickybaluky
10-22-2006, 07:51 AM
The Patriots have made a point of emphasis this week to start early, something they have struggled with this season.

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/10/22/patriots_driven_to_start_this_game_quickly/)

RedEyE
10-22-2006, 08:04 AM
I'll be happy if the Bills make a game of it. I just really don't want to see us blown out at home.

kernowboy
10-22-2006, 09:04 AM
If Hochstein is out and the guy I'd choose to replace him is as well, doesn't that make them very light in terms of who they can rotate in? I'd blitz them all day with everything I have and look to wear them down quickly. I don't think it will affect their starting OL5 though. Although Graham is out, there is more than enough depth.

I'd would actually want to start on the ground with Thomas grinding out and wearing them down, using McGahee as a change of pace. We must establish the run and I want to see Royal do what he was paid to do ... first and foremost block. I might be tempted to go for a two TE set as I don't think Shelton has contributed at all this season.

MarvLevy
10-22-2006, 09:06 AM
CMON WHO R U KIDDING?
flat at first? these are the Pats...They will be fresh and ready to pick apart the Bills. Were they flat last year off the bye against us? They smashed us!

MarvLevy
10-22-2006, 09:08 AM
u think that OL is an issue for them? all they have to do is hand off to Maroney for 10 a pop..then roll out Brady every few downs, then throw in a play-action..and its 21-0 before you know it.

Typ0
10-22-2006, 10:09 AM
I think it will be set early too. The first time the Bills played the PATS Brady turned it over for a TD on the first play from scrimmage. That won't happen today.

shelby
10-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Weather may work in our favor.
:gobills:

OpIv37
10-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Weather may work in our favor.
:gobills:

if it were Miami I'd agree with you, but Boston weather isn't much better than Buffalo weather. They're probably used to it.

shelby
10-22-2006, 10:56 AM
i meant the wind Op.
:D

Drive 4 Five
10-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Does anyone else find it just a little strange that a Patriot's fan (and a very knowledgeable football fan at that) thinks more of our team than most of our own fans?

:candle: