• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Do we have a shot?

In this game what do you think we have to do to actually have a shot. I say stop the passing game and run the ball effectively and make some special teams plays. If that goes well I look for us to have a decent day but we gotta create holes for Mcgahee.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Do we have a shot?

We lost to them by 2 at their house. There's a customary 6 point swing...being at home gets you a 3-point advantage. So instead of losing by 2, we should beat them by 4...21-17
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

well for one thing, our secondary cant crap the bed like it did against detroit...brady is 10 times what kitna is.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I see them gaining 250 yards on the ground and we will leave with a giant fork in our backs.

Comment

On the day, there is always a chance.

Brady could stumbled on their first play, go over on his ankle and we are facing Cassels.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by kernowboy

Brady could stumbled on their first play, go over on his ankle and we are facing Cassels.
            Cassel is pretty good.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Technically, every team always has a shot. But we don't have much of them.

Originally posted by The_Philster
              We lost to them by 2 at their house. There's a customary 6 point swing...being at home gets you a 3-point advantage. So instead of losing by 2, we should beat them by 4...21-17
              Since then, NE has improved and we've regressed. On top of that, Bellicheck didn't know what to expect. Now, he's got 6 weeks worth of game tapes and two weeks to analyze them. I have a feeling it's going to be brutal.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy

For any other team, that would be a problem. But with NE's luck, Brady will go down and they'll find out that Cassels is so good he makes Peyton Manning look like Rob Johnson.

Then the Bills will cut JP and trade for Brady, who will give us mediocre play for 3 seasons before the Bills decide he's not the answer either.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

I'm wearing my lucky Smith jersey today. I didnt wear it last week and we lost against Detroit. So we will beat, NE tomorrow!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Technically, every team always has a shot. But we don't have much of them.

Since then, NE has improved and we've regressed. On top of that, Bellicheck didn't know what to expect. Now, he's got 6 weeks worth of game tapes and two weeks to analyze them. I have a feeling it's going to be brutal.
                    It's the night before the game....can't you try not to be a downer for a set time period? Like...24 hours before the game?...so that some of us can continue to look forward to the game instead of dread it like you seem to?
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

It's the night before the game....can't you try not to be a downer for a set time period? Like...24 hours before the game?...so that some of us can continue to look forward to the game instead of dread it like you seem to?
                      so, you're saying that you prefer blissful ignorance to facing the truth?

Don't you ever get sick of looking forward to the games only to be constantly disappointed by the results?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

well if they allow us to bring auromatic weapons on the field we might win, although that would assume we could hit something.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          so, you're saying that you prefer blissful ignorance to facing the truth?

Don't you ever get sick of looking forward to the games only to be constantly disappointed by the results?
                          I wouldn't call it blissful ignorance....more a case of realizing that any team can beat any other team any given Sunday. The Bucs beat the Bills in 1988...and the Bills were the far superior team..as a matter of example.

Anyway, not all of us go through life with a dark cloud over our heads. I'd almost wager you complained about the 51-3 game...cause we didn't score in triple digits and we didn't shut out the Raiders...Talley didn't make enough plays, Odomes missed a couple picks he should've had, Andre dropped a great TD pass, etc, etc..

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

I wouldn't call it blissful ignorance....more a case of realizing that any team can beat any other team any given Sunday. The Bucs beat the Bills in 1988...and the Bills were the far superior team..as a matter of example.

Anyway, not all of us go through life with a dark cloud over our heads. I'd almost wager you complained about the 51-3 game...cause we didn't score in triple digits and we didn't shut out the Raiders...Talley didn't make enough plays, Odomes missed a couple picks he should've had, Andre dropped a great TD pass, etc, etc..

and you say that based on what?

Since this board has been in existence, when have we ever WON enough for us fans to be satisfied with this team? Other than 8 games in 2004, it's been a pretty pathetic 4-5 seasons.

When this team starts winning, you'll see significantly fewer negative posts from me.

And as is the norm for a lot of people here, you're using the exception to prove the rule. Yes, there are upsets. But more often than not, the heavily favored team wins. The fact that something's technically possible doesn't mean it's likely to happen.

I hope the Bills win tomorrow- there's nothing I'd like to see more than an absolute annihilation of the Pats. But I'm not afraid to admit the chances of that happening (or the chances of us winning at all) are infinitesmally small. I'm not going to get my hopes up because that just makes the disappointment of a loss that much worse.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kerr
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

There are only two things that concern me about the patriots. Their running game and their TE's. Stop the ground game and we have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X