PDA

View Full Version : Your Willis Mcgahee, what do you do?

BILLSROCK1212
10-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Do you stay with the Bills after your contract runs up or do you go to a team where you won't be the featured back like possibly the Jets or Browns (could be the featured bacck here), Houston, Detroit, Jags, Ravens, all teams that could use a running back but are in the same situation as us or worse and very few on that list would pay more than we would for him or maybe even want him. So what would you do if you were Willis? Honestly, unless I was a Bills fan my whole life which I doubt Willis was, I would leave Buffalo and maybe play for the Jags or Texans.

raphael120
10-21-2006, 05:57 PM
he's lookin for the kind of weather he can scope out the chics in the bikinis at the beach and continue his lil' willis making spree.

kernowboy
10-21-2006, 06:19 PM
As a Miami guy, the Jags look good especially as Fred Taylor winds down his career unless the Jaguars are sold and move.

With Barber retiring, I wouldn't rule out the Giants especially if they can't adequately replace him, in the 2007 draft

Mitchy moo
10-21-2006, 06:37 PM
run.

BILLSROCK1212
10-21-2006, 06:46 PM
As a Miami guy, the Jags look good especially as Fred Taylor winds down his career unless the Jaguars are sold and move.

With Barber retiring, I wouldn't rule out the Giants especially if they can't adequately replace him, in the 2007 draftthe Giants already have their replacement, Brandon jacobs now they just need a back up but Fred Taylor is talkin retirement and Drew is not a full time RB which is why i said the Jags

Marvelous
10-21-2006, 09:22 PM
I hope he's anywhere but here.. Check his yardage the last time we played @NE. Besides that he just lacks any big play potential. I can't believe that many fans still offer the 0-line & QB excuse to him.. That's Bull! Hence when he does clear the line he falls flat as soon as he hits the 10 yard gain point. Time for a franchise back that makes us proud..Proud by his intensity & effort..

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I would try to catch a deal with Indy, they need a true #1 RB. Addai and Rhodes? C'monnnn!

OpIv37
10-21-2006, 09:43 PM
What Willis will do is go with whoever gives him the biggest payday.

I won't go so far as to say he doesn't care about football, but I do think money is his first priority.

X-Era
10-21-2006, 09:49 PM
What Willis will do is go with whoever gives him the biggest payday.

I won't go so far as to say he doesn't care about football, but I do think money is his first priority.

I agree because he has yet to show me that hes willing to take over a game to win.

What I see is a guy who goes through the motions and gets what he can, if he gets 100 or more fine, but he gets a sense pretty early on what type of game its gonna be and then plays up or down based on that.

Thanks, but Id like us to have at least ONE player who would step up and carry this team to wins. Its THAT guy that deserves our big money, so far thats NOT McGahee.

raphael120
10-21-2006, 09:53 PM
well you do also have to respect a guy for being lit up by that HORRIBLE pass by JP that just hung him out to dry last week, i think that limited some things, but i remember when Henry was playing with a broken rib (?) and he was scoring touchdowns like a feind...McGahee...i have yet to see him carry a game like LT, Willie Parker, Tiki, Portis... we need a portis. living in dc, you can tell the rest of the team blows except for that guy. and he cracks my stuff up when he dressed up

YardRat
10-21-2006, 09:57 PM
I'd take a few less bucks to stay with the organization that took a chance on me despite a possible career-threatening injury.

I'd work to the best of my ability every day, and do what nees to be done in order for the entire team to be successful.

I'd live in the area, contribute to the community, and commit myself to being around my teammates training, learning, and getting better with them as opposed to not showing up unless it's mandatory and working out on my own.

But that's just me.

billsfairweatherfan
10-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Do you stay with the Bills after your contract runs up or do you go to a team where you won't be the featured back like possibly the Jets or Browns (could be the featured bacck here), Houston, Detroit, Jags, Ravens, all teams that could use a running back but are in the same situation as us or worse and very few on that list would pay more than we would for him or maybe even want him. So what would you do if you were Willis? Honestly, unless I was a Bills fan my whole life which I doubt Willis was, I would leave Buffalo and maybe play for the Jags or Texans.Show me the money'Like every player willis has to go where he is shown his value :list: If you want him here pay him his money.It's only a job for every player. DONT YOU LIKE BEING PAID??:respect:

Marvelous
10-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Entertain all FL interest. Miami & Tampa are set leaving Jacksonville. IMO it's a perfect fit.. But i'd love him to goto the Jets. Since we can do to them what NE did to us with Bledsoe... IMO Willis want's(in order))
-Money
-south FL.
-ELITE/POPULAR TEAM(Indy,Dallas,ATL,) etc etc..

* I live outside of West Palm Beach and have seen TOO many McGahee interviews, and god forbid i miss one, One of my buddies(Jets,Phins,Pats fans) will records it or remind me..

jamze132
10-22-2006, 03:43 AM
Why the hell would he want to play anywhere where he wouldn't be the featured back? The guy loves attention. Will he stay in Buffalo? I doubt it. And him leaving isn't going to effect our offense one bit. I just hope we trade him so we can get something for him. I am kind of tired of letting our FA walk away without getting nothing in return. Yeah we get a compensation pick, but wow!

kernowboy
10-22-2006, 05:02 AM
Yes Buffalo is not a big enough market for him. It'll either be a lifestyle thing or he and his agent (Drew Rosenhaus) will demand crazy money his performance hasn't justified.

What I think will happen is in the 2007 draft and free agency, Marv/Dick will take care of the following areas.

OL
TE
WR a big No2
LB in case FB and TKO leave
another DT on the defensive line rotation.

If JP and McGahee don't step up further now after a more varied offense and better line, allowing them to play better, then they are not staying on beyond 2007.

Then we'll be looking at the two skills positions in the 2008 draft. Unless we get a sleeper like Germaine Rice on Day2 and unless we have someone like Drew Stanton slip to our laps in the 2nd round this year - oh, I am not a JP hater by the way, but I do believe in insurance policies