PDA

View Full Version : NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.COM UPDATED MOCK DRAFT!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
10-21-2006, 10:19 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

8. BUFFALO BILLS
SAM BAKER

OT | USC | Scouting Report
At right tackle the Bills are extremely excited about the potential of Jason Peters, who they recently signed to a long-term contract extension, but Mike Gandy is a liability on the left side. Arguably the best player on what have been some very talented Trojan offensive lines, Baker is the premier left tackle prospect in the junior class and he would likely be a very high pick should he opt to enter the draft early. Depending on how J.P. Losman develops down the stretch quarterback could be an option as well but the addition of Sam Baker would complete Buffalo's offensive line makeover and give them one of the top sets of young offensive tackles in the NFL.

kernowboy
10-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Yes I saw that. There's also this one which shows going for Levi Brown in Round 1 and then Drew Stanton in Round 2.

http://condraft.com/mocks/round-1.html

Didn't NFL Draft Countdown have us originally going for Brian Brohm? As I mentioned in another thread, with such LT depth in the draft I am not entirely Baker will come out. He and Long may stay at school to guarantee top 10 slots in 2008

I think what this suggests to me is that there is a growing consensus 'amongst' experts that as the very least the ability to unleash whatever potential JP has has been hampered by the line.

However I've also seen a mock with us taking Paul Posluzny suggesting uncertainty about the status of TKO and Fletcher-Baker

Luisito23
10-22-2006, 05:05 AM
Please don't waste our 1st. pick with a OL....please Marv, we have plenty of time for that later on....We need an impact player....a star, besides Evans, we have nothing right now....average to below average team.....Get the best left, and work on the O lines in the second round......In Marv I trust...:usa:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Night Train
10-22-2006, 05:23 AM
Big OT, Big DL or dominant MLB. We need them all, entering the 2007 season.

I don't care if they come via FA or high picks on Draft day. Just find them.

SquishDaFish
10-22-2006, 05:30 AM
Luis that has been the problem with this organization year in and year out. That is a problem we have to get away from. We need OL and DL every pick if we have to. with a LB or 2 thrown in.

kernowboy
10-22-2006, 05:40 AM
Please don't waste our 1st. pick with a OL....please Marv, we have plenty of time for that later on....We need an impact player....a star, besides Evans, we have nothing right now....average to below average team.....Get the best left, and work on the O lines in the second round......In Marv I trust...:usa:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Yes and no. Whilst there are some great impact players, there always are. Free Agency is looking pretty poor this year but it has very good TE depth which is a key area, plus what we need is a big No2 WR, someone over 6ft3 who doesn't need to be a huge speedster but sufficiently different in stature from Evans to cause match up problems for the opponents and that will give the QB two big targets in addition to speedsters like Evans and Parrish. And there is also big WR depth in FA.

We have very good players in McGahee, and Evans and still promising potential in JP. However NONE of these players will ever reach their ability level unless we sort out the trenches. It is an area we have criminally ignored for too long. Every great line, the Broncos, Colts, the Pats, the Steelers, all have a Round 1 pick in the trenches. Even the Broncos, who have a rep for great later round bargains have a No1 in Foster !!!!!!!!!!!!

If we can get Sam Baker or Jake Long in the 1st, maybe also go OL in the second with Doug Free or Mike Jones (LG, Iowa) then this buys time and space for our current skills players.

We can get a decent TE and WR in FA (say Dan Graham, and Elvin Wilford) for probably the same sort of money we'd pay for the only current quality OL available, Eric Steinbach, so then lets not waste a high pick drafting another WR. Even if a DE comes along, we have Schobel and Hargrove with Denney improving.

We don't want to be doing a Donahoe, doubling up in positions when we have serious gaps elsewhere. Whilst quality WR depth is also a concern, in some other positions, not only do we not have depth, we don't even have average starters like the OL. Evans, Price, Reed and Parrish is a group I can live with for another season at WR.

And considering this years draft when we look at the WR, Colston and Baskett are doing pretty well and they were R7 and OFA respectively

nolimit
10-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Brohm. I like him.

YardRat
10-22-2006, 10:10 AM
How many mock drafts had the Bills taking a safety at #8 in 2006?

How many had them going o-line or d-line?

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 10:20 AM

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Thanks for posting tom donahoe, Now GO AWAY! Lines lines and more lines!! THAT is what wins football games, not names.

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 10:21 AM
How many mock drafts had the Bills taking a safety at #8 in 2006?

How many had them going o-line or d-line? Those mocks better be right this year. LT is the biggest need.

Bling
10-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Definitely have to go QB if there's a good one there...

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 10:22 AM
i have a friend who's a big USC fan and he says baker is very good for a junior.

kernowboy
10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
i have a friend who's a big USC fan and he says baker is very good for a junior.

I've heard good things said about Baker but my concerns are
1) I keep hearing Jacob Rogers ringing my ears
2) He's been defending the QBs blindside for one season only
3) He's slightly marginal in size at 6ft4.5 and 305lbs and doesn't make up for that in speed. Doug Free is over 6ft6 and runs a faster 40. Jake Long is just bigger all round
4) I am always uncertain about sunny weather college players coming to Buffalo. I know Jim Kelly played for Miami but originally he's from Pittsburgh. If it came down to a straight choice between Baker and Long, I'd go for the latter but as both are juniors I think neither might come out simply because there are so many LTs with starting calibre grades in this years draft.

Jauron733
10-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Jake Long looked really good yesterday. I was very impressed and think that he could be a great LT in the pros.