PDA

View Full Version : If the O-Line was fixed,would you bring in Warner?

blackonyx89
10-22-2006, 10:43 AM
I think Kurt Warner even though he's a little older would be a good fit for this team. Would you bring him in to replace Losman?

ryjam282
10-22-2006, 10:46 AM
If he has time, he is one of the best QB's in the league IMO. But, he is very similar to Bledsoe in that respect. Although, I do believe he is much better then Bledsoe when he has time and doesn't make the stupid mistakes that Drew makes. I would definitely give JP the rest of this season and see if he continues to make progress. If so, I don't like the idea. If not, I would be OK with it but only as a 1 year stop gap as he wouldn't be the answer long term

OpIv37
10-22-2006, 10:51 AM
ryjam beat me to it- I think he's Bledsoe Part II.

I agree that JP should be evaluated on his performance this year as to whether or not he's ready to be our QB- if not, we need to go elsewhere. But I think bringing in Warner would be repeating the same mistake this franchise made with Bledsoe.

I do see one mitigating factor where I could live with Warner, though. If and only if JP tanks the rest of this season, the Bills could draft a young QB and bring in Warner as the stopgap until the new QB is ready.

kernowboy
10-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Beaten out by Bulger
Beaten out by Manning
Beaten out by Leinhart

The answer is NO

If we go the way of rookie sitting behind a vet, I'd be happy to go

Green (if he's cut)
Pennington (if he's cut)
Pat Ramsay - he will be a UFA

or

Matt Schaub - only if he's given the transition tag as I wouldn't give up more than a R3

With the last guy, I would be happy not to draft a QB in 2007 but let it turn into a clear cut shoot out between JP and Schaub

X-Era
10-22-2006, 11:02 AM
I think Kurt Warner even though he's a little older would be a good fit for this team. Would you bring him in to replace Losman?

If the o-line is fixed Kurt Warner is actually a WORSE option than Drew and we all know how that went.

SquishDaFish
10-22-2006, 11:27 AM
HELL NO! Jp all year and he will be good next year if he gets that time.

Novacane
10-22-2006, 11:56 AM
HELL NO! .

ditto

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 12:00 PM
I think Kurt Warner even though he's a little older would be a good fit for this team. Would you bring him in to replace Losman?No. Now STFU about the QB replacement, its not happening.

Ron Burgundy
10-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't think Warner is worse than Bledsoe but he's trying to be.

Green's a good caretaker option while we groom whoever the new kid is.

BillsNick
10-22-2006, 01:05 PM
This is the worst thread I've ever seen. Absolutely the worst. :puke:

blackonyx89
10-23-2006, 06:54 AM
No. Now STFU about the QB replacement, its not happening.

After seeing J.P. crappy performance yesterday what do you have to say now?LOL! Cut Da Bum!

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 07:01 AM
After seeing J.P. crappy performance yesterday what do you have to say now?LOL! Cut Da Bum!
JP was hardly the only problem yesterday...and Kurt Warner wouldn't be an improvement

kgun12
10-23-2006, 07:06 AM
The old saying in football is any QB that has the time can pick apart a defense, so if you "FIX" the line this is a non-issue! But thanks for making the point as to way our QB's always stuggle, "it's the line"!

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 07:16 AM

No, but the Bills should of brought in Griese THIS year. There's 2 QB on the roster that we knew weren't worth a crap to begin the year and the best thing Marv cold do is bring in Nall?

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 07:17 AM
If it was Kurt Warner of 5 years ago, yes. But it's not, so no.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 07:18 AM
No, but the Bills should of brought in Griese THIS year. There's 2 QB on the roster that we knew weren't worth a crap to begin the year and the best thing Marv cold do is bring in Nall?
short of some people who wanted JP to fail, no one knew he wasn't worth a crap....unless you're talking about Holcomb and Ochs or Woodbury

blackonyx89
10-23-2006, 07:30 AM
OK,let's forget Warner.Just get a higher caliber QB than we have on our roster! That's a start and then address to upgrade the horiffic team we got!

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 07:33 AM
short of some people who wanted JP to fail, no one knew he wasn't worth a crap....unless you're talking about Holcomb and Ochs or Woodbury

The realistic fans knew JP wasn't worth a crap.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 07:34 AM
The realistic fans knew JP wasn't worth a crap.
so how did you spend your lottery winnings? :rolleyes:

Night Train
10-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Warner, Plummer...just more Bledsoe lite.

That ship has sailed. If JP fails, find a young guy to give a legit shot at being here long term. Then we can build around him.

Elminster
10-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Ugh...WARNER!? We're better off with JP. He fumbles LESS....

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2006, 10:12 AM
You are kidding right?

You think JP fumbles a lot then wait till you get Warner behind this line(it won't be fixed by next year)

NO THANKS.

Gunzlingr
10-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Ramsey? :rofl: