PDA

View Full Version : time to sit JP. but...

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 02:42 PM
this TEAM sucks. A new QB won't cut it. Will it help? Yeah but NO QB is going to make it behind that OL. Unless Ralph and Marv change their M.O. this team will suck for some time.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 02:44 PM
JP friggin blows!!!!!!get off the nutsack and stop making excuses for him.can you say rob johnson?

shelby
10-22-2006, 02:46 PM
JP had a piss poor game. He needs to work on his fundamentals...ie stop fumbling the :curse:ing ball every time he gets hit.
i don't think that benching JP will solve anything. This team as a whole is not playing well and making stupid mistakes. Putting Nall in won't change things when there are other problems contributing to our overall suckiness.

Novacane
10-22-2006, 02:46 PM
I've now seen enough of him. This kids never gonna be good

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 02:48 PM
I say start him for the rest of the year. Maybe, he gets better. Most likely not. Next draft however, if Quinn or Smith is available. You HAVE to take one of them. I truly thought JP was the future here, and I'l stick to my guns, let him play the whole season..

Kerr
10-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Sorry, Ice. Yeah you're right the rest of the team has problems, but the int and fumbling is all on jp. He didn't even get blinsided on any of them as he was about to wind up. Mind you, I blame on lot on the coaches for not using the offense around jp, but when he had time or tried to make a play, he screws up.

I also think nall sucks, so it won't make a difference, but this team lacks a really smart game qb. I'm not talking about practice. I'm talking about a qb who can make smart decisions under pressure, etc.

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 02:51 PM
What part of ITS TIME TO SIT HIM are you guys missing? this team BLOWS from the GM all the way down to the waterboy. I said Bench JP I also say the entire team sucks.

honey
10-22-2006, 02:52 PM
What part of ITS TIME TO SIT HIM are you guys missing? this team BLOWS from the GM all the way down to the waterboy. I said Bench JP I also say the entire team sucks.:up: I'm proud of ya, ICE!

DraftBoy
10-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Lets see if Nall has anything decent to show us (though I doubt it) and then give it back to JP to see if the benching changes him any. After that its either FA (Schaub) or Draft (Smith, or Leak)

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Lets see if Nall has anything decent to show us (though I doubt it) and then give it back to JP to see if the benching changes him any. After that its either FA (Schaub) or Draft (Smith, or Leak)

BTW if you want me to stop ripping posters, then tell asses like SAB to can his 'get off JP's nutsack comments'.

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 02:55 PM
:up: I'm proud of ya, ICE!Hey its time. This kid is getting worse each week. Yeah this TEAM sucks and it honest to god may be one of the worst teams we fielded, but JP is flat lost.

Time to see what Nall can do for a week or so

PECKERWOOD
We need to draft a proven winner. I dont give a **** about some free agent that hasnt proved himself. I want somebody who has been to the big games and has won the big games. Troy Smith or Brady Quinn.

Historian
JP had a piss poor game. He needs to work on his fundamentals...ie stop fumbling the :curse:ing ball every time he gets hit.
i don't think that benching JP will solve anything. This team as a whole is not playing well and making stupid mistakes. Putting Nall in won't change things when there are other problems contributing to our overall suckiness.

I agree.

Let him play out the string and do an honest evaluation in January.

My guess is that he won't be here, if this keeps up.

He should be getting better, not regressing, which appears to be the case.

Elminster
10-22-2006, 02:56 PM
The INT was his fault, but the first fumble wasn't. Our oline has to pass protect well more than once in a blue moon. The second one....well, it was a good thing to avoid the ump, but I'm not sure how that would lead him to protecting the football poor enough to fumble.

In any case, anyone who wants to go with some one else should get their head checked. This is what going through the growing pains is...painful and hard to watch. This kid is starting to show more than flashes of brilliance...he's starting to look good for long stretches. We absolutely MUST tough it out. The Seahawks did, the Colts did, the Eagles did, the Bengals did, and the Giants did, just to name a few, and I don't think anyone can argue that they have QB problems. JP has got to play this entire season, every down, every last play, barring injury. We absolutely must be able to make a decision on whether to stick with him another year or start over(and that's what bringing in anything other than a retread is...STARTING OVER.)

Finally, I could see benching him if he was holding the team back, but, in case you haven't noticed, we aren't a good football team. JP is part of the reason why we're losing, but he is far from being THE reason. At this point, our biggest problems are our lines and if JP continues to improve, then they remain our biggest problem...

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 02:58 PM
We need to draft a proven winner. I dont give a **** about some free agent that hasnt proved himself. I want somebody who has been to the big games and has won the big games. Troy Smith or Brady Quinn.

Proven winner? Who? Smith is NOT going to be a good NFL QB and Quinn is still having issues in ND. He isn't consistant at all. We address the lines and we can find a SMART QB in the 2nd round

jamze132
10-22-2006, 02:58 PM
To be honest, I am starting to fall off the JP bandwagon. It's getting old watching the exact same thing week in and week out. I try so hard to look at him objectively but I am not seeing any improvement. How many times have I seen him overthrow a guy deep who just happens to be wide opeen? How mnay times has he been sacked on 3rd and long in enemy territory which prevents us from putting any points on the board?

Obviously the O-line has a lot to do with it, but on of the fumbles and the interception was all JP.

And whoever is calling some of these boneheaded calls needs to get their act together. Why in the **** would you go to a zoneblitz putting Schobel in coverage on a 3rd and 10 when he has been in Brady's face all freaking day? Why do we continue to play 7-10 yards off of the receivers, knowing that Brady is only going to take a step or two back and throw?

I know the sexy word for us is "rebuilding" but damn, it seems like everything that can go wrong is.

And what the **** is up with McGee? Can the guy cover anyone for more than 2 seconds?

Sorry about my rant.

honey
10-22-2006, 03:00 PM
The INT was his fault, but the first fumble wasn't. Our oline has to pass protect well more than once in a blue moon. The second one....well, it was a good thing to avoid the ump, but I'm not sure how that would lead him to protecting the football poor enough to fumble.

In any case, anyone who wants to go with some one else should get their head checked. This is what going through the growing pains is...painful and hard to watch. This kid is starting to show more than flashes of brilliance...he's starting to look good for long stretches. We absolutely MUST tough it out. The Seahawks did, the Colts did, the Eagles did, the Bengals did, and the Giants did, just to name a few, and I don't think anyone can argue that they have QB problems. JP has got to play this entire season, every down, every last play, barring injury. We absolutely must be able to make a decision on whether to stick with him another year or start over(and that's what bringing in anything other than a retread is...STARTING OVER.)

Finally, I could see benching him if he was holding the team back, but, in case you haven't noticed, we aren't a good football team. JP is part of the reason why we're losing, but he is far from being THE reason. At this point, our biggest problems are our lines and if JP continues to improve, then they remain our biggest problem...

I tend to agree with you to a point. I guess where I have some skepticism is because the Bills stayed with RJ for so long and finally cut him loose....I don't know. Maybe one more year, or at least the rest of this year...but don't put it off too long before getting a QB who can execute. :smile:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-22-2006, 03:00 PM
let him play out the season, then cut him and get someone in who can play. Ive seen enough.

There. I said it.

kinigirly
10-22-2006, 03:05 PM
its lose-lose either way. keep jp in....same crap. put nall or holcomb in, our team still sucks, hence we still lose. then you have the league laughing at us again....they laugh at us cause jp sucks, or they laugh at us for playing quarterback musical chairs again.

DraftBoy
10-22-2006, 03:06 PM

CHRIS LEAK!!

Kerr
10-22-2006, 03:07 PM
its lose-lose either way. keep jp in....same crap. put nall or holcomb in, our team still sucks, hence we still lose. then you have the league laughing at us again....they laugh at us cause jp sucks, or they laugh at us for playing quarterback musical chairs again.

word.

Philagape
10-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Bench JP for a game, but bring him back to see how he responds. Nall would have to light the world on fire to stay in.

ScottLawrence
10-22-2006, 03:08 PM
This teams not good, its not as bad as it looks either.

Losman hurts more then helps.

I've been saying it since opening day, you were all fooled if you thought Losman was better then Holcomb.

The team played, and looked more confident, and better under Holcomb last year, and were in every single game.

We still have flaws at many other positions such as D-Line, and O-Line, but a good quarterback can hide those flaws, a bad quarterback whos prone to mistakes only makes those other flaws more obvious.

Im not saying Holcombs a good quarterback, but hes a hell of a lot better one when it comes to reading defenses, going through progressions, not turning the ball over, and make quicker decisions.

Drive 4 Five
10-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah this team sucks. From top to bottom. Side to side. Any way you want to cut it. The Bill's blow. Benching Losman at this point solves nothing. Come draft day, and you have an opportunity to take a blue chip passer, you jump on it. Worse case scenario, Losman finally develops (ala Drew Brees and the SD Chargers), and we're stuck with two good QB's.

My point is, this team has bigger issues than the play of the QB. If Levy and Co. do not address the lines this offseason (with quality starters and not questionable reserves like Anthony Hargrove-that move still has me scratching my head), I really will lose it.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 03:18 PM
ICE, you're pathetic. You have been on the JP bandwagon all season and than after this game you go with "bench him"?

For those who actually watched the game. We can't stop the run. PERIOD. As usual, the first drive set the tone for the whole day!! WE COULDN'T EVEN GET THE BALL BACK FOR SOME PRIDE POINTS!!!

JP's first fumble was not his fault. Even Gumball and Dierdorf said as much. The second one, ref or not, there is no excuse for. The Int, same thing, no excuse. However, the OL is brutal. McGahee had a 2.7 yard average. That's not going to cut it or help your QB very much. Fairchild having Reed sit in as QB was about as moronic as it gets. Why don't we just waste a down?

Guess what? A different QB WASN't going to change the outcome. PERIOD.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah this team sucks. From top to bottom. Side to side. Any way you want to cut it. The Bill's blow. Benching Losman at this point solves nothing. Come draft day, and you have an opportunity to take a blue chip passer, you jump on it. Worse case scenario, Losman finally develops (ala Drew Brees and the SD Chargers), and we're stuck with two good QB's.

My point is, this team has bigger issues than the play of the QB. If Levy and Co. do not address the lines this offseason (with quality starters and not questionable reserves like Anthony Hargrove-that move still has me scratching my head), I really will lose it.

Post of the day!!! Don't need to say anything more!!!

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 03:20 PM
This teams not good, its not as bad as it looks either.

Losman hurts more then helps.

I've been saying it since opening day, you were all fooled if you thought Losman was better then Holcomb.

The team played, and looked more confident, and better under Holcomb last year, and were in every single game.

We still have flaws at many other positions such as D-Line, and O-Line, but a good quarterback can hide those flaws, a bad quarterback whos prone to mistakes only makes those other flaws more obvious.

Im not saying Holcombs a good quarterback, but hes a hell of a lot better one when it comes to reading defenses, going through progressions, not turning the ball over, and make quicker decisions.

Bull ****. All holcomb does is check down, you can't win that way and his career record shows it. Time to see what nall can do.

honey
10-22-2006, 03:21 PM
ICE, you're pathetic. You have been on the JP bandwagon all season and than after this game you go with "bench him"?

For those who actually watched the game. We can't stop the run. PERIOD. As usual, the first drive set the tone for the whole day!! WE COULDN'T EVEN GET THE BALL BACK FOR SOME PRIDE POINTS!!!

JP's first fumble was not his fault. Even Gumball and Dierdorf said as much. The second one, ref or not, there is no excuse for. The Int, same thing, no excuse. However, the OL is brutal. McGahee had a 2.7 yard average. That's not going to cut it or help your QB very much. Fairchild having Reed sit in as QB was about as moronic as it gets. Why don't we just waste a down?

Guess what? A different QB was going to change the outcome. PERIOD.

Um, could you at least give ICE credit for calling JP out this game? Don't start anything, please. :smile:

Historian
10-22-2006, 03:22 PM
For those who actually watched the game. We can't stop the run. PERIOD.

You're right.

One of our top picks in April will be a DT.

Philagape
10-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Benching Losman seems to be the last resort for lighting a fire under his arse, and we've arrived there. He's got to stop the fumbling, and that would go for any player who does the same. If McGahee fumbled like that, I'd bench him too. Passing wise, he did OK, 64 percent, one or two bad decisions, but protecting the ball is a fundamental regardless of his passing. He wasn't blindsided this time.
But we suck top to bottom, and no QB will change anything. I just think it's time to use the stick instead of the carrot. Consider it a warning.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Um, could you at least give ICE credit for calling JP out this game? Don't start anything, please. :smile:

No credibility in my book. PERIOD. Don't post 1000 times here that "it's not JP" or "he needs the whole season" and than post "bench him". I hate hypocrits and people that vasilate with the prevailing wind.

I have been objective of JP's performance form day one. ICE has been the first to rip somebody when JP hasn't played well and now he pulls a 180 after this game. Give me a break. No credibility.

JP didn't play well but, again, he didn't cost us this game. We suck. The TD in the back of the endzone was just sickening. Brady was even shaking his head because that wasn't the play.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Proven winner? Who? Smith is NOT going to be a good NFL QB and Quinn is still having issues in ND. He isn't consistant at all. We address the lines and we can find a SMART QB in the 2nd round
Quinn is the best QB, coming out of this draft by far. I would be happy with him or Troy Smith. Troy Smith has thrown what 11 touchdowns in the past 4 games? Plus, he is playing big time colleges. Their gonna be picked in the top 10 for a reason, its because their the highest rated players at that position.

CHRIS LEAK!!
No thanks! They had to bring Tebow in because Leak stunk it up in red zone situations.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 03:32 PM
The notion to bench JP this season is just ******ed.. Might as well let him ride it out. Draft a QB let JP play while the rookie learns. Similar to what SD did.

kernowboy
10-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Bottom line.

I cannot believe the defence on the first Pats possession.

I cannot believe the number of absolutely stupid penalties we gave away.

I cannot believe the dumbass snap to Reed !!! when we are in the red zone.

We criticise JP and on occasion it is correct to do so but what the hell are some of the coaches thinking with some of the calls and what the hell are some of the players think they are doing with some of their dumb ass penalties.

Everytime JP seems to be getting into a rhythm we have a 3rd and short turned into a 3rd and long.

Why is it that the opposition never seem to do this?

The next cretin who gives up a dumb ass penalty and stalls a drive is

1) yanked from the game
2) cut from the roster the next day

if that means we finshed the season with 48 players so be it

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Bottom line.

I cannot believe the defence on the first Pats possession.

I cannot believe the number of absolutely stupid penalties we gave away.

I cannot believe the dumbass snap to Reed !!! when we are in the red zone.

We criticise JP and on occasion it is correct to do so but what the hell are some of the coaches thinking with some of the calls and what the hell are some of the players think they are doing with some of their dumb ass penalties.

Everytime JP seems to be getting into a rhythm we have a 3rd and short turned into a 3rd and long.

Why is it that the opposition never seem to do this?

The next cretin who gives up a dumb ass penalty and stalls a drive is

1) yanked from the game
2) cut from the roster the next day

if that means we finshed the season with 48 players so be it

You obviously watched the game!! Good analysis!!

bledslow
10-22-2006, 04:36 PM
this TEAM sucks. A new QB won't cut it. Will it help? Yeah but NO QB is going to make it behind that OL. Unless Ralph and Marv change their M.O. this team will suck for some time.

COMMMMEEEEEE onnnnnn--that's like saying every qb is equal---some guys dont need a great oline to be successful,some guys move around better in the pocket then others,some guys have quicker releases,some guys make quicker reads- <--these are all things that can makeup for a bad oline,and losman possesses none of these qualities-- Come on,face it,jp is no good and should be a cna(certified nurses assistant) worker somewhere washing an oldmans ball bag and getting bed pans.

Typ0
10-22-2006, 05:00 PM
ICE is right benching JP is the right choice and it's a very similar situation to last year. He keeps regressing. He's getting killed out there. He's already a mental midget if you keep him in there IMO you are just sending him further in the wrong direction. He's losing confidence out there. If he's going to ever be successsful, we can't afford to have his confidence continually going into the crapper. It's not just about this team...the organization has to be dedicated to doing the right thing by it's players. That's what they need to do...again.

That being said, it's still on JP to get himself together and start moving in the right direction. Honestly, there were some broken down plays but he had better protection than Brady did today. Our running game was working. McGahee was running with purpose today. We desparately need a LT that can make this OLine solid. There was no excuse to lose the way we did.

We desparately need a QB or other leader somewhere than can pull these guys heads out of the toilet. We don't have that guy on the bench so I don't expect a lot from a QB change except for it being a move to salvage the JP Losman experiment. I expect JP is going to get another game or two and then the plug will be pulled and we'll get to see if Nall can play football or not.

Typ0
10-22-2006, 05:02 PM
oh that's nice. I only hit it once...I guess the boards has a process to go through and clean that buggy stuff up.

shelby
10-22-2006, 05:02 PM
i respectfully disagree. This team has a ton of problems, switching QBs won't do much to resolve them.
Losman is part of the problem, but he's just the tip of the iceburg.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Honestly, I dont want a QB that will win us 2-3 more games this year.. I will take the higher draft pick, thanks.

djjimkelly
10-22-2006, 05:08 PM
benching JP isnt the answer bringing in one or 2 solid lineman IS

Bill Cody
10-22-2006, 05:19 PM
benching JP isnt the answer bringing in one or 2 solid lineman IS

Lossman blows HUGE chunks. But as long as there is a JFD this year, he plays. It's the only way we can all unite around our future QB who is not yet on the roster.

And Ice you really need to grow a spine. Stand behind your boy. Benching him at this point accomplishes NOTHING except maybe cheating us out of a real QB next year.

Elminster
10-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Lossman blows HUGE chunks. But as long as there is a JFD this year, he plays. It's the only way we can all unite around our future QB who is not yet on the roster.

And Ice you really need to grow a spine. Stand behind your boy. Benching him at this point accomplishes NOTHING except maybe cheating us out of a real QB next year.
I agree. If he keeps playing, maybe he turns the corner or shows signs that he will. If he doesn't....well, we'll have some nice picks. No first-round QB though....let's get a left tackle that can actually block. No matter who we have under center, let's make sure they have better protection. If we don't do that....any lefties out there?

DynaPaul
10-22-2006, 05:33 PM
We gotta stick with JP for the rest of the seasom, it's not gonna hurt anything anyway at this point. We are pretty much out of the playoff race. If at the end of the year the kid shows that he isn't gonna be the man here, Marv and company will have to address the need in the draft or free agency.

shelby
10-22-2006, 05:34 PM
I agree. If he keeps playing, maybe he turns the corner or shows signs that he will. If he doesn't....well, we'll have some nice picks. No first-round QB though....let's get a left tackle that can actually block. No matter who we have under center, let's make sure they have better protection. If we don't do that....any lefties out there?

Chris Simms:snicker:

ICE74129
10-22-2006, 07:36 PM
No credibility in my book. PERIOD. Don't post 1000 times here that "it's not JP" or "he needs the whole season" and than post "bench him". I hate hypocrits and people that vasilate with the prevailing wind.

I have been objective of JP's performance form day one. ICE has been the first to rip somebody when JP hasn't played well and now he pulls a 180 after this game. Give me a break. No credibility.

JP didn't play well but, again, he didn't cost us this game. We suck. The TD in the back of the endzone was just sickening. Brady was even shaking his head because that wasn't the play.

I have said keep him IF HE PROGRESSES. The problem is he is getting worse each week. that is regression and bad team or not, we can't have that. He is at the point that even with a bad line HE must call an audible or check with me play. He doesn't do that, but runs the play anyway.

Look I love the kids heart, but he isn't going to cut it in buffalo I am afraid.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 07:44 PM
I get the general consenus, supporters and haters alike. Want JP to play out the season. So, I think we're all in the right. We are all loosing hope in JP, but we cant tell for sure till after this season. If he continues down this road, we have to take a QB with our 1st round pick, imo. Then use our 2nd round and other picks on the OL and DL. See if we can find more OL help through, FA. Thats what I believe, and Im stickin to my guns.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Two fumbles and an interception in a game, is just unacceptable. I cannot defend that. Thats just bad quarterbacking. How many games in a row has JP had a fumble? He has to be close to setting a record here.

YardRat
10-22-2006, 07:57 PM
This is classic!

All the *****ing about the QB carousel last year and what a dumb-ass Mularkey was for pulling it and what's the solution this year when JP sucks ass three games in a row? Let's repeat history! :lmao:

Losman gets benched again and that's it for his career in Buffalo. He's done, experiment over, bust proclaimed. If his ass gets sent to the pine this year, it's for good and the rest of the year is spent determining whether or not Nall is the next QB of the team or we have to go shopping again.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 08:00 PM
This is classic!

All the *****ing about the QB carousel last year and what a dumb-ass Mularkey was for pulling it and what's the solution this year when JP sucks ass three games in a row? Let's repeat history! :lmao:

Losman gets benched again and that's it for his career in Buffalo. He's done, experiment over, bust proclaimed. If his ass gets sent to the pine this year, it's for good and the rest of the year is spent determining whether or not Nall is the next QB of the team or we have to go shopping again.
Other than Ice, not many people want JP to be benched. Save it, Nall isnt the answer either. He is a backup.

bocephuz
10-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Scariest thing about JP's perfomance today..

not the fumbles

not the pick ( even though it was horrendous )

not the delay of game

MISSING A WIDE OPEN ANDRE DAVIS FOR THE SECOND WEEK IN A ROW ON A BOMB. It's scary to me to see him get time and miss those kind of throws. The fumbles and the picks can be corrected... but inaccuracy can't be. ( unless you go the Holcomb route and dump off and do cheesy 3 step drops all the time and never take chances)

I still think he should play out the year as starter and I'll be objective. I'm willing to look past the ball safety issues and will focus on his accuracy on the deep throws. 4 or 5 more overthrows like that and I'll be the first in line waving as he takes the walk of shame out of Buffalo.

Typ0
10-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I say put Nall in. He's never even started a game so he's still a rookie. Let him play the rest of this season and all of next season so we can see if he's any good. Start him now and see if the OLine continues to look as bad as they do. If they don't then Losman is exposed as a huge part of the problem...we can clearly see he isn't part of the solution.

Ron Burgundy
10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
This is classic!

Fantastic, ain't it?

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 06:36 AM
Bench JP, are you kidding me? He starts, PERIOD.

jamze132
10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
CHRIS LEAK!!
Being a Gator fan, I like Chris Leak, but I don't think he has much of a future in the NFL as a starter. It's Tebow time!

Ron Burgundy
10-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah, he's the worst quarterback I've seen in Buffalo since Drew Bledsoe was defrauding Ralph a few years ago. :up:

Elminster
10-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Scariest thing about JP's perfomance today..

not the fumbles

not the pick ( even though it was horrendous )

not the delay of game

MISSING A WIDE OPEN ANDRE DAVIS FOR THE SECOND WEEK IN A ROW ON A BOMB. It's scary to me to see him get time and miss those kind of throws. The fumbles and the picks can be corrected... but inaccuracy can't be. ( unless you go the Holcomb route and dump off and do cheesy 3 step drops all the time and never take chances)

I still think he should play out the year as starter and I'll be objective. I'm willing to look past the ball safety issues and will focus on his accuracy on the deep throws. 4 or 5 more overthrows like that and I'll be the first in line waving as he takes the walk of shame out of Buffalo.
Tasker and Dorkdorf agree...it's on Andre. He's too busy being all like, "OMG, some one's throwing the ball in my direction. What do I do? I don't know, OMG, wtf is going on?" There's simply no way he SHOULDN'T have caught the Detroit one...he was too busy looking at the ball to go get it. Same for this one as well...

Typ0
10-23-2006, 10:47 AM
we also can't forget the fact that we need TWO capable starters on the team not one...every NFL franchise does. I don't think KH is the one so despite what anyone things of Losman I would like to see Nall get some playing time if the staff is thinking about keeping him around another year.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I get the general consenus, supporters and haters alike. Want JP to play out the season. So, I think we're all in the right. We are all loosing hope in JP, but we cant tell for sure till after this season. If he continues down this road, we have to take a QB with our 1st round pick, imo. Then use our 2nd round and other picks on the OL and DL. See if we can find more OL help through, FA. Thats what I believe, and Im stickin to my guns.

Reverse order

If Baker or Long don't come out, the second best pure LT in the draft is not Levi Brown (some think he has to move to the right) but Doug Free. In that scenario he won't last to the second, and while Staley, Otto and Harris will be there, a less than stellar LT has been highlighted as a problem this season. By moving down for Free we can get an extra R2 or R3 and maybe even a R1 in 2008

Some mocks have got Drew Stanton down as a 2nd rounder due to injuries and the poor play of the Spartans this year though that is more because of poor coaching and a whiffing D. After the comeback game he has answered guts and leadership questions and I for one think he will be the equal of Quinn in the pros.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Reverse order

If Baker or Long don't come out, the second best pure LT in the draft is not Levi Brown (some think he has to move to the right) but Doug Free. In that scenario he won't last to the second, and while Staley, Otto and Harris will be there, a less than stellar LT has been highlighted as a problem this season. By moving down for Free we can get an extra R2 or R3 and maybe even a R1 in 2008

Some mocks have got Drew Stanton down as a 2nd rounder due to injuries and the poor play of the Spartans this year though that is more because of poor coaching and a whiffing D. After the comeback game he has answered guts and leadership questions and I for one think he will be the equal of Quinn in the pros.

Well thought out response as usual kern. Anyways, I disagree with your order, because I think quality linemen are easier found than a starting QB. Everybody thought JP was going to do as well as Eli and Ben. Obviously, that didnt work out too good. My thought is that, its hard to find a quality QB, especially after the first round, let alone the top 10. Quinn, Smith and Brohm are all good QB's in my eyes, I have seen them play, and I have seen Stanton play also. By no means is Stanton a bad QB, but the first three that I mentioned have had much more better coaching and big game experience. Quinn would be perfect for our offense, and I think he is going to be a star for sure. I would be equally happy with Smith running our offense also, the kid is a winner, and you cant teach that. To address our OL issues. I am pretty sure that their are some big name OL men, in FA. I am not saying we should take a QB for sure with our #1 pick, but if JP continues to play the way he has been, I dont think it would be a bad idea.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Well thought out response as usual kern. Anyways, I disagree with your order, because I think quality linemen are easier found than a starting QB. Everybody thought JP was going to do as well as Eli and Ben. Obviously, that didnt work out too good. My thought is that, its hard to find a quality QB, especially after the first round, let alone the top 10. Quinn, Smith and Brohm are all good QB's in my eyes, I have seen them play, and I have seen Stanton play also. By no means is Stanton a bad QB, but the first three that I mentioned have had much more better coaching and big game experience. Quinn would be perfect for our offense, and I think he is going to be a star for sure. I would be equally happy with Smith running our offense also, the kid is a winner, and you cant teach that. To address our OL issues. I am pretty sure that their are some big name OL men, in FA. I am not saying we should take a QB for sure with our #1 pick, but if JP continues to play the way he has been, I dont think it would be a bad idea.

Thank you. At present the only decent OL lined up as UFA is Eric Steinbach and I bet he knows it. We risk dangerously overpaying for any of the others who may not play up to value. And I don't think for one moment that the Bengals won't resign him.

I think if you look at all the current great OLs - the Pats, The Colts, the Broncos they all have at least a Round 1 pick there. The Steelers aren't too bad and have 3 as do the Jets. Plagarism wouldn't be too bad here.

And I do believe a certain Mr Brett Favre was an original Round 2 selection.

I do like Stanton because he has good size, plays in the cold and if I had doubts the comeback against the Wildcats having been knocked out the game and coming back in with bruises everywhere has convinced me

djjimkelly
10-23-2006, 11:21 AM

smartest post ive read post game!!!!!!

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 12:33 PM

Just a lil reminder of your hypocrisy.

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 12:33 PM

Just a lil reminder of your hypocrisy.

Inetpub
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM

1. You cant prove that NO QB is going to make it behind this OL unless you put in another QB.

2. You said This team sucks so many times I am doubting your team spirit. Do you REALLY like the Bills or are you here to just cause chaos?

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 08:07 PM
1. You cant prove that NO QB is going to make it behind this OL unless you put in another QB.

2. You said This team sucks so many times I am doubting your team spirit. Do you REALLY like the Bills or are you here to just cause chaos?

I think the real question is, is John Kerry on the board?

Or maybe a fins fan?

Cause he is sure floppin like a fish!!

mikemac2001
11-06-2006, 08:22 PM
I say start him for the rest of the year. Maybe, he gets better. Most likely not. Next draft however, if Quinn or Smith is available. You HAVE to take one of them. I truly thought JP was the future here, and I'l stick to my guns, let him play the whole season..

This is only way to handle the situation...i dont want holcomb coming in winning a couple games that jp could win or lose and then not being able to draft one of the top 2 qb's. if we start jp and we see promise then it answers the quesiton.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Bench JP, are you kidding me? He starts, PERIOD.

Bump.

How the tide changes around here. You guys flip flop more then John Kerry.

Elminster
12-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Bump.

Wise men change their minds, but fools never will...:chair:

gr8slayer
12-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Bump.

Too bad you were being sarcastic.

HHURRICANE
12-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Too bad you were being sarcastic.

BINGO!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that.