PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, what is there to look forward to?

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Dickey will still be the coach next year, Marv will still be the GM and Ralph will still be the owner. What is there to look forward to...help me out here!

DraftBoy
10-22-2006, 02:52 PM
2007 NFL Draft

Kerr
10-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Hmm, yeah after every game, I lose more and more confidence in DJ as a head coach. Yeah, come to think of it, i'm almost dreading it already. He'll get at least another year to rectify the mistakes.

Aside from that, the draft is good to look forward to.

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 02:55 PM
2007 NFL Draft

Agreed, but we still have Marv as GM and Dickey will have to coach them. Uggh...

kinigirly
10-22-2006, 02:58 PM
something better change.....moving back to buffalo next summer is gonna be hell if i have to put up with this

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Agreed, but we still have Marv as GM and Dickey will have to coach them. Uggh...

Exactly. I've been called chicken little for a long time for saying this but it NEVER made sense to hire them. Ralph is a lost cause. The only thing to look forward to is his selling the team to Golisano. IMO, this team will never be good until Ralph sells.

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Exactly. I've been called chicken little for a long time for saying this but it NEVER made sense to hire them. Ralph is a lost cause. The only thing to look forward to is his selling the team to Golisano. IMO, this team will never be good until Ralph sells.

That is it! We need to look forward to Ralph getting out of this organization and selling it to somebody who cares.

DraftBoy
10-22-2006, 03:06 PM

Yea but you get to read my articles! How can you not look forward to that? I mean come on...

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Yea but you get to read my articles! How can you not look forward to that? I mean come on...

I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to the Draft...how sad is that?

DraftBoy
10-22-2006, 03:08 PM
That is it! We need to look forward to Ralph getting out of this organization and selling it to somebody who cares.

We need to know who wants this team, its nice to dream about a guy who gives a crap and keeps the team in Buffalo, but who is this mystery man/woman?

paladin warrior
keep pratice and learing in mini camp soon as possbile

DraftBoy
I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to the Draft...how sad is that?

I feel ya, Ive been excited since last April 30th

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 03:10 PM
We need to know who wants this team, its nice to dream about a guy who gives a crap and keeps the team in Buffalo, but who is this mystery man/woman?

True enough, but don't ruin it for me...I found something to look forward to! :;

ScottLawrence
10-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, what did you guys expect?

Marv got rid of a lot of proven veterans for younger players, as far as im concearned, the only thing thats holding this team back is the quarterback.

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 03:13 PM

Marv got rid of a lot of proven veterans for younger players, as far as im concearned, the only thing thats holding this team back is the quarterback.

Maybe, but the coach is terrible too.

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2006, 03:13 PM
the only thing thats holding this team back is the quarterback.

You can't be serious.

DraftBoy
10-22-2006, 03:14 PM

Give it a rest already

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 03:32 PM
2007 NFL Draft

thank you.i was thinking the same thing.

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by ScottLawrence
the only thing thats holding this team back is the quarterback.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

You can't be serious.

He can be serious. It's you that can't be.
This clown can even hold onto the ball when escaping the pocket and bumping into the ref.
It's like keystone cops.

<!-- / message -->

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 03:36 PM
I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to the Draft...how sad is that?Why?
This year that could have and should have had Cutler and Maroney.<!-- / message -->

Novacane
10-22-2006, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Cynical] IMO, this team will never be good until Ralph sells.[/QUOTE

Or croaks :couch:

Philagape
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Answer to the thread:

The Sabres!!!! :jig: :dance: :hockey:

(had to think of something positive for my 5,000th post)

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Answer to the thread:

Go Slug! :;

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Answer to the thread:

So true!

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 04:50 PM
How can it be the coaches and the new GM 7 games into their first season? That makes no sense. There is no single, easy answer for why this team can't execute plays consistently.
This team is playing fairly well for a few plays and then they just do something stupid. It's not on the coach when your QB stares down his receivers and chucks the ball into double coverage, or your veteran o-lineman missed his block, or your CB bites on a pump fake and the rookie FS is running around all by himself, or your DE clobbers a QB after he sits down on the turf, or your linebacker fails to wrap up the RB when he had him for a loss, or your coverage team can't tackle....should I go on?

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 04:57 PM
How can it be the coaches and the new GM 7 games into their first season? That makes no sense. There is no single, easy answer for why this team can't execute plays consistently.
This team is playing fairly well for a few plays and then they just do something stupid. It's not on the coach when your QB stares down his receivers and chucks the ball into double coverage, or your veteran o-lineman missed his block, or your CB bites on a pump fake and the rookie FS is running around all by himself, or your DE clobbers a QB after he sits down on the turf, or your linebacker fails to wrap up the RB when he had him for a loss, or your coverage team can't tackle....should I go on?

Yes, please go on...tell me how this is Mularkey's fault, TD's fault...everybody's but this regimes fault. Please keep the excuses coming.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Really, God bless Ralph. However, the success of the organization lies on his shoulders. He chooses the GM, the GM does the rest of the work. With that said, Ralph is doing the best he can do with the money situation were in. To be frank, even though were under the cap, Buffalo doesnt have as much money as other teams in the NFL. Thats the truth. Its hard to sign big players when you dont have the cash.

Typ0
10-22-2006, 05:08 PM
The coaching staff is making errors. The putrid OLine has a lot to do with coaching. When I see a guy constantly getting blown away that tells me he's been set up to fail. Those guys need schemes designed to help them when there are unfavorable matchups. I don't see anything happening out there to help them. Perhaps it's on JP who should be making on the fly changes and he's not...I wouldn't know I don't know the playbook and how the offense is really supposed to run.

The other thing is some of the play calling is goofy. Like the snap to reed today. That wasn't a bad play...but at the time it was called it wasn't right. The play before had exposed them with that shovel pass...and then there was a timeout. That kind of play you shove down their throats all of a sudden as play is moving along. As a play in the playbook, I like it but not after that shovel pass, in the red zone and following a timeout. That was a poor choice.

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2006, 05:09 PM

1. Who drafts the players?
2. Who decides which players make the roster?
3. Who is responsible for instilling discipline in the team?
4. Who is responsible for motivating the team?
5. Who is responsible for preparing the team?
6. Who is reponsible for creating the gameplan?
7. Who is reponsible for making gametime calls/adjustments?
8. Who is responsible for holding players accountable for bad plays?
9. Who is responsible for getting players to play to their potential?

I could go on, but I think that's enough for now. The mistakes that happen in the game are a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

RedEyE
10-22-2006, 05:10 PM
How 'bout them Sabres?

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Yes, please go on...tell me how this is Mularkey's fault, TD's fault...everybody's but this regimes fault. Please keep the excuses coming.

I never said any of those things, nor did I imply them. I made no excuses. All I said was that you can't blame the coaching staff for everything especially when it is practically brand new. I laid down some evidence to support my point.
There is no point made in your post.

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 05:42 PM
I never said any of those things, nor did I imply them. I made no excuses. All I said was that you can't blame the coaching staff for everything especially when it is practically brand new. I laid down some evidence to support my point.

The evidence is on the field.

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 05:43 PM

Also, this marks 3 straight weeks that this team has not been prepared to start the game. I'd say that is coaching.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 06:31 PM
1. Who drafts the players?
2. Who decides which players make the roster?
3. Who is responsible for instilling discipline in the team?
4. Who is responsible for motivating the team?
5. Who is responsible for preparing the team?
6. Who is reponsible for creating the gameplan?
7. Who is reponsible for making gametime calls/adjustments?
8. Who is responsible for holding players accountable for bad plays?
9. Who is responsible for getting players to play to their potential?

I could go on, but I think that's enough for now. The mistakes that happen in the game are a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

1. This regime drafted 7 of them out of 53.
2. Which players would you have on this roster who were cut and would make a difference?
3. The coaches. After that it's up to the players not to make so many mistakes. Both.
4. Motivation comes from within. If you want it, you want it. If you don't, you don't. This team doesn't look unmotivated, they just look inexperienced.
5. The coaches. After that, it's up to the players to execute. Both.
6. The coaches. I thought some of the adjusstments were good. We played sound defense in the second quarter and held a team to under 100 yards rushing for the second time this year. NE gashed us for 183 yards in week one. We also moved the ball, but the bonehead plays killed us. Was some of it play selection. Maybe. But you could plainly see some of it was poor execution.
7. see 6.
8. The coaches. Kelsay got an earful. I'm not inside the meeting room or the locker room to see how the coaches relate to the players. Are you?
9. The players and the coaches.

I am not making excuses for the coaches. I never said none of the fault falls on them. What I will say is that it is largely on the players as well. It is waaaaayyy too early to call for the heads of the coaches and the GM. As for Wilson, I think he just may be in the bottom 5 of owners in the league even though he gets respect points for having been around so long.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 06:34 PM
The evidence is on the field.

Exactly...and who is out on the field?

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Exactly...and who is out on the field?

The players who the coach has supposedly prepared. However, the last three weeks, this team doesn't look prepared. You can't give Dickey credit for the first few weeks and then dissolve him of any of the problems the last couple. It doesn't work that way. If you say he did a good job of preparing the team against the Pats in the first game, against the Phins and against the Vikings, then he should get the blame for not having the team ready to play these last three weeks.