Whats wrong with the Bills???? Well.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Whats wrong with the Bills???? Well.....

Lets start here. I dont give a damn what ANYONE else thinks, I now refuse to blame losses or the whole teams problems on Losman. Ive played that game long enough. No more. If you cant understand why young QB's wont win games for you then Im SURE your not going to get it ever. This is a TEAM loss, and our TEAM isnt good enough, PERIOD!

I continue to watch the same old thing that I have seen for years. I continue to watch a team put itself in terrible positions and then follow through with bad plays to give up points.

I continue to look at a team this does not have the same level of overall talent as does most of its opponents.

I continue to watch our team make dumb play calls, and force itself to make improbable plays or rely on a young QB.

Now, Heres what I see thats good enough:

1) Jason Peters
    2) Aaron Schobel as our #2 DE
    3) Lee Evans
    4) Willis McGahee when he decides to play, like today.
    5) Donte Whitner has made enough plays to deserve further evaluation
    6) London Fletcher is decent but is by no means a star
    7) Ko Simpson has played well enough to deserve further development
    8) Brian Moorman still makes plays
    9) Lindell has played well enough to keep his stop
    10) TKO deserves more chances to play but if he cant regain his former play, he costs too much

Ill answer on JP later.

Thats it. I can name ab out one count em one player thats a star. Its TKO sometimes.

Now if anyone thinks your going to the playoffs when you have that shallow list of talent, your are sadly sadly mistaken.

Can NE? Well maybe. But they have only done what they have done with a Hall of fame QB in Brady.

As far as Losman goes. He had a bad day, but again he was asked to do too much. I am not giving up on him until the end of the season, period.

JP was forced to run, throw long on 3rd and longs, dodge pass rushes, etc...

The Bills brass forced JP to make big plays and he made some but made mistakes too. The opponent forced JP to make big plays and it bit us in the butt.
    Whne you get in the red zone, you run, and if you cant get a 1st you take the points. If you want to run stupid plays on 1st down, then run for 3 and then force your young QB to throw for 1sts on 3rd and long, you can expect to lose and you can expect mistakes.

This team needs to get a real commitment to winning in all phases. That means adding whatever players you can possibly add to drastically change our fortunes. We need to show a spine and stick with some QB, build a team around that guy and we can win. Does it need to be JP? No. But it doesnt have to be someone else either. Our o-line is very mediocre, today they did a great job run blocking and we should have run more. But the coaches stepped in and called stupid plays, ran for short, and then forced 3rd and long throws. Our pass protection on 3rd and longs stunk and we made mistakes. Anyways, we need to drastically improve the o-line.

We did a decent job on run D today but Schobel, Anderson, Tripplett, Kelsay/Denney. Are you kidding me? Thats an average d-line at best. Yet on the other side you have an entire 1st round D-line. And we wonder why we get beat.

Our pass D is starting 2 rookies, Clements in his worst career year thus far, and an average cover CB in McGee. Thats just not good enough to win many games.

Our LB corp has Crowell who is average, makes plays but also blows some, certainly not scarry. Fletch who can make tackles but alos can look clueless, certainly not a star. And Spikes who has spent most of his Bills career on the sidelines injured, and has yet to regain his ability, right now he isnt a star, maybe he can comeback. Overall, its decent but not good enough.

On O we lack playmakers. No one is stepping up to carry the O, NO ONE. McGahee could have carried us today but the coaches didnt let him. Evans cant get the ball to himself and cant give our QB the time so as to be able to throw it. Our TE's are either making penalties or non-existant. Today Royal made a few nice plays but our TE's havent been a strong point by any means.

Thats it guys, we cant coach a very mediocre team to wins, we wont upgrade to better than medioccre in the offseason through trades, FA, and it would take another decade to do it through the draft only.

Theres no reason to think that JP can win these games by himself, he cant. Theres alos no reason to think that anything other than Peyton or Tom Brady on this team would win many more either, we spent a decade trying those guys wil similar results or at least no SB's.

My opinion is that JP is learning the hard way, hes being forced to do stuff, and that his development may be accelerated. He has back tracked in the past 3 games, but the season isnt over. Id like us to finally make big moves to improve the team. At that point, I still believe JP could be all we need. But if we are going to continue our offseason method, we wont get the pro-bowl QB, and we therefore will end up with more of the same.

This is a critical period for the Bills. I hope they keep their eyes open, realize how average they are as a team, agree to make big moves to get better, and stick with JP.

If they say JP isnt the guy, they will spend yet another 1st rounder on a QB, wont address either line with top prospects and can expect more of the same next year.

Thats my take, and again, Im not arguing about JP anymore, hes young, hes forced to make plays, hes making mistakes, and we should be expecting that. The problems the team, coaching, and front office. Until we turn it around we can expect more of the same.

• Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Whats wrong with the Bills???? Well.....

Did you list STUPID PENALTIES in your essay? (ie.. the "lets pile onto Brady after he sits down on the ground")
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Comment

Originally posted by jp-era
        Lets start here. I dont give a damn what ANYONE else thinks, I now refuse to blame losses or the whole teams problems on Losman. Ive played that game long enough. No more. If you cant understand why young QB's wont win games for you then Im SURE your not going to get it ever. This is a TEAM loss, and our TEAM isnt good enough, PERIOD!

I continue to watch the same old thing that I have seen for years. I continue to watch a team put itself in terrible positions and then follow through with bad plays to give up points.

I continue to look at a team this does not have the same level of overall talent as does most of its opponents.

I continue to watch our team make dumb play calls, and force itself to make improbable plays or rely on a young QB.

1) Jason Peters
        3) Lee Evans
        10) TKO deserves more chances to play but if he cant regain his former play, he costs too much

Ill answer on JP later.

Thats it. I can name ab out one count em one player thats a star. Its TKO sometimes.

Now if anyone thinks your going to the playoffs when you have that shallow list of talent, your are sadly sadly mistaken.

Can NE? Well maybe. But they have only done what they have done with a Hall of fame QB in Brady.

As far as Losman goes. He had a bad day, but again he was asked to do too much. I am not giving up on him until the end of the season, period.

The Bills brass forced JP to make big plays and he made some but made mistakes too. The opponent forced JP to make big plays and it bit us in the butt.
        Whne you get in the red zone, you run, and if you cant get a 1st you take the points. If you want to run stupid plays on 1st down, then run for 3 and then force your young QB to throw for 1sts on 3rd and long, you can expect to lose and you can expect mistakes.

This team needs to get a real commitment to winning in all phases. That means adding whatever players you can possibly add to drastically change our fortunes. We need to show a spine and stick with some QB, build a team around that guy and we can win. Does it need to be JP? No. But it doesnt have to be someone else either. Our o-line is very mediocre, today they did a great job run blocking and we should have run more. But the coaches stepped in and called stupid plays, ran for short, and then forced 3rd and long throws. Our pass protection on 3rd and longs stunk and we made mistakes. Anyways, we need to drastically improve the o-line.

We did a decent job on run D today but Schobel, Anderson, Tripplett, Kelsay/Denney. Are you kidding me? Thats an average d-line at best. Yet on the other side you have an entire 1st round D-line. And we wonder why we get beat.

Our pass D is starting 2 rookies, Clements in his worst career year thus far, and an average cover CB in McGee. Thats just not good enough to win many games.

Our LB corp has Crowell who is average, makes plays but also blows some, certainly not scarry. Fletch who can make tackles but alos can look clueless, certainly not a star. And Spikes who has spent most of his Bills career on the sidelines injured, and has yet to regain his ability, right now he isnt a star, maybe he can comeback. Overall, its decent but not good enough.

On O we lack playmakers. No one is stepping up to carry the O, NO ONE. McGahee could have carried us today but the coaches didnt let him. Evans cant get the ball to himself and cant give our QB the time so as to be able to throw it. Our TE's are either making penalties or non-existant. Today Royal made a few nice plays but our TE's havent been a strong point by any means.

Thats it guys, we cant coach a very mediocre team to wins, we wont upgrade to better than medioccre in the offseason through trades, FA, and it would take another decade to do it through the draft only.

Theres no reason to think that JP can win these games by himself, he cant. Theres alos no reason to think that anything other than Peyton or Tom Brady on this team would win many more either, we spent a decade trying those guys wil similar results or at least no SB's.

My opinion is that JP is learning the hard way, hes being forced to do stuff, and that his development may be accelerated. He has back tracked in the past 3 games, but the season isnt over. Id like us to finally make big moves to improve the team. At that point, I still believe JP could be all we need. But if we are going to continue our offseason method, we wont get the pro-bowl QB, and we therefore will end up with more of the same.

This is a critical period for the Bills. I hope they keep their eyes open, realize how average they are as a team, agree to make big moves to get better, and stick with JP.

If they say JP isnt the guy, they will spend yet another 1st rounder on a QB, wont address either line with top prospects and can expect more of the same next year.

Thats my take, and again, Im not arguing about JP anymore, hes young, hes forced to make plays, hes making mistakes, and we should be expecting that. The problems the team, coaching, and front office. Until we turn it around we can expect more of the same.
        Great post but I don't think we'll be able to sort the DL in the offseason as there isn't much in FA and unless the juniors come out it is an average group of undersized DTs. We may get a second day big DT from a small school but I do think it is possible to get either a QB or LT in Round 1, a LT or QB in R2, a reasonable LB in R3 and a starting OG in R4.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Are you kiiding me with Fletcher/Schobel? That penalty cost us 7!!!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Great posting

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Cntrygal
              Did you list STUPID PENALTIES in your essay? (ie.. the "lets pile onto Brady after he sits down on the ground")
              The dumbest penalty I have seen in years and EXTREMELY costly. That ones worth 7 points or at the minimum 4.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jp-era

1) Jason Peters
                3) Lee Evans

Ill answer on JP later.

Very well written, and very on the money with the exception of Losman.
                Before the season is over, I hope you get it because he simply SUCKS.. and once you realize that I'd love to go back to having good football convo with you.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                X