Your are not too smart if you think benching JP is the answer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Your are not too smart if you think benching JP is the answer!!

The Bills D is horrible. The OL is horrible. Fairchild is horrible. JP is horrible.

But JP still gives us the best chance to win. PERIOD. The Dolphins benched Culpepper and they have yet to win a game with Harrington. What do you think is going to happen with Nall back there?!

We have a bad team. SHOCKING? No, it's not shocking.

The Bills need the bye to regroup and finish the season with Losman. If JP was throwing tons of picks, and McGahee was rushing for 100 yards a game, than I would say pull him. That's not the case. We just have a really bad team. PERIOD.

We need to finish cleaning house. The unnecessary roughing penalty, after stopping Brady, should spell the end fopr Fletcher. He's an idiot!!
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Your are not too smart if you think benching JP is the answer!!

There is no answer.

Bench him, keep him in, whatever.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
      There is no answer.

Bench him, keep him in, whatever.

Sad but true.

Comment

We have to stop playing the Tampa 2.

It is simply not suitable for fronting up to teams in the AFC East.

I'd be in favour of even looking to back to the 3-4.

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla admin
          • Jul 2002

i agree....this team has other problems, and benching JP won't solve much.

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Keep him under center. At least let him go out with dignity at least after been juggled around last season so much. it's realized this team is going nowhere fast. Unless he makes a complete turnaround down the stretch, I can't see him in any long term plans.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

I actually liked the shovel pass call, but that was about it.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

We need to finish cleaning house. !

Yep. And #7 needs to be one that goes

Comment

• kinigirly
                  • Sep 2005

i can't handle the stress and embarassment of quarterback musical chairs again. the plan was he gets the whole season, stick with the plan. if he gets the boot afterwards, so be it

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

The Bills D is horrible. The OL is horrible. Fairchild is horrible. JP is horrible.

But JP still gives us the best chance to win. PERIOD. The Dolphins benched Culpepper and they have yet to win a game with Harrington. What do you think is going to happen with Nall back there?!

We have a bad team. SHOCKING? No, it's not shocking.

The Bills need the bye to regroup and finish the season with Losman. If JP was throwing tons of picks, and McGahee was rushing for 100 yards a game, than I would say pull him. That's not the case. We just have a really bad team. PERIOD.

We need to finish cleaning house. The unnecessary roughing penalty, after stopping Brady, should spell the end fopr Fletcher. He's an idiot!!
                    Theres only one answer for this season, stick it out with the existing starters. We can evaluate all of our players, we can hope for continued improvement.

With any luck we may be spoilers for a few of our hated rivals.

In the offseason we need to give ourselves a serious pep talk. Ralph needs to realize that he must keep up with the Jones's if hes going to have a competitive team. He must spend his money. Marv needs to realize that he must lead, he cant simply be a figurehead, he must add stars to this team, without Kelly's, Thurms, Reeds, Biscuits, and Bruces his team would nevert have done anything. He must be commited to rebuilding that level of talent again through trades, FA, and the draft. He must do everything he can to drastically improve this team.

We must realize that it all starts in the trenches and that we have been sub-par for too long.

Theres no way around it. Whe you look at what we did last offseason, you look at the youth we are starting, you look at the new schemes and coaches. We have every reason to be where we are. The only way to fix it is to drastically raise the bar.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

There is soo much wrong with this team, that I have no idea where to begin. I think are biggest problem is that the coaching just isn't that good. I know not everybody wants to hear that, but it's true. We hired a proven loser as a HC, a GM who has no clue what he is doing as a GM and we expect to win? I don't think so. It starts from the top down and the top of this organization is the biggest problem we have right now.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        There is soo much wrong with this team, that I have no idea where to begin. I think are biggest problem is that the coaching just isn't that good. I know not everybody wants to hear that, but it's true. We hired a proven loser as a HC, a GM who has no clue what he is doing as a GM and we expect to win? I don't think so. It starts from the top down and the top of this organization is the biggest problem we have right now.
                        It's hard to blame the coach and the GM when they inherited this sack of **** they call a football team. They drafted what they could and signed what they could. PERIOD. Fletcher/Schobel cost us 7 points today. Is that Marv Levy and Dick Jauron's fault. Villareal couldn't stop JP from getting blind sided. Our Ol paved the way for a 3 yard average for our star running back, who couldn't out run the corner(who has a bad hamstring and was questionable for the game) to maybe find the endzone. This is a team of losers. Blaming the coach and GM at this point is pretty unfair.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Let him play. We should do what SD did, draft a QB and let him learn behind Losman. And when our backup ( Brady Quinn) has that valuable learning time, we boot Losman and start winning games! =o)

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

It's hard to blame the coach and the GM when they inherited this sack of **** they call a football team. They drafted what they could and signed what they could. PERIOD. Fletcher/Schobel cost us 7 points today. Is that Marv Levy and Dick Jauron's fault. Villareal couldn't stop JP from getting blind sided. Our Ol paved the way for a 3 yard average for our star running back, who couldn't out run the corner(who has a bad hamstring and was questionable for the game) to maybe find the endzone. This is a team of losers. Blaming the coach and GM at this point is pretty unfair.
                            Listen! I'm sick of people making excuses for this piece of crap HC. The Jets, who arguably have less talent than the Bills, have a rookie HC and are 4-3! The new regime built this crap on the field, it's not all TD's fault, so please stop using that excuse. I know that people want Dickey and Marv to be the answer, but they're not...you can just see it. They were both hired because they're cheap, not because they bring much to the table. Reality sucks sometimes and this is reality!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              Listen! I'm sick of people making excuses for this piece of crap HC. The Jets, who arguably have less talent than the Bills, have a rookie HC and are 4-3! The new regime built this crap on the field, it's not all TD's fault, so please stop using that excuse. I know that people want Dickey and Marv to be the answer, but they're not...you can just see it. They were both hired because they're cheap, not because they bring much to the table. Reality sucks sometimes and this is reality!
                              Granted I have seen some pretty stupid crap by the coaching staff but I also recognze that we have very little talent and heart on this team. If we look like this next year I'll be the first to roll the bomb under the bus.

Comment

Working...
                              X