PDA

View Full Version : Your are not too smart if you think benching JP is the answer!!

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 03:41 PM
The Bills D is horrible. The OL is horrible. Fairchild is horrible. JP is horrible.

But JP still gives us the best chance to win. PERIOD. The Dolphins benched Culpepper and they have yet to win a game with Harrington. What do you think is going to happen with Nall back there?!

We have a bad team. SHOCKING? No, it's not shocking.

The Bills need the bye to regroup and finish the season with Losman. If JP was throwing tons of picks, and McGahee was rushing for 100 yards a game, than I would say pull him. That's not the case. We just have a really bad team. PERIOD.

We need to finish cleaning house. The unnecessary roughing penalty, after stopping Brady, should spell the end fopr Fletcher. He's an idiot!!

Philagape
10-22-2006, 03:44 PM
There is no answer.

Bench him, keep him in, whatever.

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2006, 03:46 PM
There is no answer.

Bench him, keep him in, whatever.

:sigh:

Sad but true.

kernowboy
We have to stop playing the Tampa 2.

It is simply not suitable for fronting up to teams in the AFC East.

I'd be in favour of even looking to back to the 3-4.

shelby
i agree....this team has other problems, and benching JP won't solve much.

Kerr
10-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Keep him under center. At least let him go out with dignity at least after been juggled around last season so much. it's realized this team is going nowhere fast. Unless he makes a complete turnaround down the stretch, I can't see him in any long term plans.

Historian
10-22-2006, 03:48 PM
I actually liked the shovel pass call, but that was about it.

Novacane
10-22-2006, 03:49 PM
We need to finish cleaning house. !

Yep. And #7 needs to be one that goes

kinigirly
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
i can't handle the stress and embarassment of quarterback musical chairs again. the plan was he gets the whole season, stick with the plan. if he gets the boot afterwards, so be it

X-Era
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
The Bills D is horrible. The OL is horrible. Fairchild is horrible. JP is horrible.

But JP still gives us the best chance to win. PERIOD. The Dolphins benched Culpepper and they have yet to win a game with Harrington. What do you think is going to happen with Nall back there?!

The Bills need the bye to regroup and finish the season with Losman. If JP was throwing tons of picks, and McGahee was rushing for 100 yards a game, than I would say pull him. That's not the case. We just have a really bad team. PERIOD.

We need to finish cleaning house. The unnecessary roughing penalty, after stopping Brady, should spell the end fopr Fletcher. He's an idiot!!

Theres only one answer for this season, stick it out with the existing starters. We can evaluate all of our players, we can hope for continued improvement.

With any luck we may be spoilers for a few of our hated rivals.

In the offseason we need to give ourselves a serious pep talk. Ralph needs to realize that he must keep up with the Jones's if hes going to have a competitive team. He must spend his money. Marv needs to realize that he must lead, he cant simply be a figurehead, he must add stars to this team, without Kelly's, Thurms, Reeds, Biscuits, and Bruces his team would nevert have done anything. He must be commited to rebuilding that level of talent again through trades, FA, and the draft. He must do everything he can to drastically improve this team.

We must realize that it all starts in the trenches and that we have been sub-par for too long.

Theres no way around it. Whe you look at what we did last offseason, you look at the youth we are starting, you look at the new schemes and coaches. We have every reason to be where we are. The only way to fix it is to drastically raise the bar.

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 03:53 PM
There is soo much wrong with this team, that I have no idea where to begin. I think are biggest problem is that the coaching just isn't that good. I know not everybody wants to hear that, but it's true. We hired a proven loser as a HC, a GM who has no clue what he is doing as a GM and we expect to win? I don't think so. It starts from the top down and the top of this organization is the biggest problem we have right now.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 04:12 PM
There is soo much wrong with this team, that I have no idea where to begin. I think are biggest problem is that the coaching just isn't that good. I know not everybody wants to hear that, but it's true. We hired a proven loser as a HC, a GM who has no clue what he is doing as a GM and we expect to win? I don't think so. It starts from the top down and the top of this organization is the biggest problem we have right now.

It's hard to blame the coach and the GM when they inherited this sack of **** they call a football team. They drafted what they could and signed what they could. PERIOD. Fletcher/Schobel cost us 7 points today. Is that Marv Levy and Dick Jauron's fault. Villareal couldn't stop JP from getting blind sided. Our Ol paved the way for a 3 yard average for our star running back, who couldn't out run the corner(who has a bad hamstring and was questionable for the game) to maybe find the endzone. This is a team of losers. Blaming the coach and GM at this point is pretty unfair.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Let him play. We should do what SD did, draft a QB and let him learn behind Losman. And when our backup ( Brady Quinn) has that valuable learning time, we boot Losman and start winning games! =o)

Nighthawk
10-22-2006, 04:19 PM
It's hard to blame the coach and the GM when they inherited this sack of **** they call a football team. They drafted what they could and signed what they could. PERIOD. Fletcher/Schobel cost us 7 points today. Is that Marv Levy and Dick Jauron's fault. Villareal couldn't stop JP from getting blind sided. Our Ol paved the way for a 3 yard average for our star running back, who couldn't out run the corner(who has a bad hamstring and was questionable for the game) to maybe find the endzone. This is a team of losers. Blaming the coach and GM at this point is pretty unfair.

Listen! I'm sick of people making excuses for this piece of crap HC. The Jets, who arguably have less talent than the Bills, have a rookie HC and are 4-3! The new regime built this crap on the field, it's not all TD's fault, so please stop using that excuse. I know that people want Dickey and Marv to be the answer, but they're not...you can just see it. They were both hired because they're cheap, not because they bring much to the table. Reality sucks sometimes and this is reality!

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Listen! I'm sick of people making excuses for this piece of crap HC. The Jets, who arguably have less talent than the Bills, have a rookie HC and are 4-3! The new regime built this crap on the field, it's not all TD's fault, so please stop using that excuse. I know that people want Dickey and Marv to be the answer, but they're not...you can just see it. They were both hired because they're cheap, not because they bring much to the table. Reality sucks sometimes and this is reality!

Granted I have seen some pretty stupid crap by the coaching staff but I also recognze that we have very little talent and heart on this team. If we look like this next year I'll be the first to roll the bomb under the bus.

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 05:08 PM
I actually liked the shovel pass call, but that was about it.

That was one of the best executed plays they have had this season.

Too bad the running back didnt have the speed they said he had when they drafted him.

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 05:13 PM

Yeah Donahue was a complete bust. Everthing he did was a disaster.

But at the same time what did Marv do ?

He left the most glaring problems unaddressed.

He could have had a QB. Cutler would have been the pick for QB IMO.

He could have had the running back N.E. drafted.<!-- / message -->

YardRat
10-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Bull****...Plain and simple.

The D did a respectable job against the run today...they held Dillon to 49 and Maroney to 29...a helluva lot better than I expected.

Merz did well today also for a rookie starting his first game...this kid could be a quicker answer at guard than Preston. Gandy played much better also...you certainly can't blame constant pressure on the errors today...I can't remember one time JP getting smacked from the blindside.

JP is making too many errors, even excluding the turnovers. He overthrew a wide open Davis for the second week in a row. He locked on to a receiver for the second week in a row. He had at least two balls batted down again this week throwing into the meat of the rush instead of looking to the open side for a receiver.

Yes, this team needs improvement as a whole and there are plenty of positions that could use a talent upgrade, but QB doesn't get a free pass.

Freakin' McGee got pulled for a few plays by the coaching staff after getting burnt....If it's good enough for a starting corner, then it's good enough for the QB.

As for the defense in general, they'd look a helluva lot better and be able to play a lot harder if they had a ********** offense that could put a few points on the board more than once in a blue freakin' moon.

14 turnovers in the last four losses and JP's had a hand on 11 of them. It's no longer an anamoly...it's a trend. Protect the damn ball or take a seat.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 07:08 PM
The D did a respectable job against the run today...they held Dillon to 49 and Maroney to 29...a helluva lot better than I expected.

...I can't remember one time JP getting smacked from the blindside.

JP is making too many errors, even excluding the turnovers. He overthrew a wide open Davis for the second week in a row. He locked on to a receiver for the second week in a row. He had at least two balls batted down again this week throwing into the meat of the rush instead of looking to the open side for a receiver.

As for the defense in general, they'd look a helluva lot better and be able to play a lot harder if they had a ********** offense that could put a few points on the board more than once in a blue freakin' moon.

14 turnovers in the last four losses and JP's had a hand on 11 of them. It's no longer an anamoly...it's a trend. Protect the damn ball or take a seat.

If your going to call BS get your story straight:

1) Dillon had 2 rushing TD's from 8 yards out and 12 yards out, so don't give me some crap about how we did okay aginst the run.

2) Did you watch the game? You don't rememeber Losman getiing blind sided today? THE FUMBLE WAS CAUSED BY THE BLIND SIDE because Villareal blew his block!!

3) The personal foul penalty on Brady was a back breaker. The next play was a TD for NE so don't go sticking up for the defense. 28 points is not a stellar day.

Losman did his share to stink up the game but pulling him is moronic.

billsfairweatherfan
10-22-2006, 07:16 PM

It funny because when fairchild was made oc everyone was cheer ok we will be like the rams throw deep inning and showing what jp can really do .but now that everyone see what jp can really do..SAY WHAT enough excuses jp stinks plain and simple.get it simple just like jp when he plays.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 07:19 PM
It funny because when fairchild was made oc everyone was cheer ok we will be like the rams throw deep inning and showing what jp can really do .but now that everyone see what jp can really do..SAY WHAT enough excuses jp stinks plain and simple.get it simple just like jp when he plays.

Dude, come back to the board when your blood alcohol is below a 3!! Is that english??

YardRat
10-22-2006, 07:34 PM
If your going to call BS get your story straight:

1) Dillon had 2 rushing TD's from 8 yards out and 12 yards out, so don't give me some crap about how we did okay aginst the run.

2) Did you watch the game? You don't rememeber Losman getiing blind sided today? THE FUMBLE WAS CAUSED BY THE BLIND SIDE because Villareal blew his block!!

3) The personal foul penalty on Brady was a back breaker. The next play was a TD for NE so don't go sticking up for the defense. 28 points is not a stellar day.

Losman did his share to stink up the game but pulling him is moronic.

1) If you're going to isolate two plays and then come to a conclusion based on that alone, then you have to admit Losman sucked complete ass today since he had THREE TURNOVERS.

2) I was at the game today, so yes I watched it. Haven't seen the replay, but still don't remember it being a blindside.

3) No excuses on the penalty, no argument from me other than the int thrown just before the half was a bigger back-breaker than the penalty. Would have been nice to hold NE to a FG, but would have created a lot more momentum to score just before the half and then get the ball again to start the second.

Losman did MORE than his share to contribute to the loss today. This team isn't good enough to continue to try to overcome his mistakes.

14 turnovers, 4 losses, 11 on JP's shoulders. That flat-out SUCKS, bottom line.

What the hell good is 'potential' if all it leads to is multiple turnovers and no points? Hell, we can lose 28-6 to New England with Holcomb or Nall at QB, what's the difference?

I'll tell you the difference...Holcomb or Nall have the freaking 'POTENTIAL' to NOT turn the damn ball over 3 times a damn game.

Michael82
10-23-2006, 11:58 AM
:bf1:

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 03:00 PM
i agree....this team has other problems, and benching JP won't solve much.

Not much is better than nothing.

Keeping him in there wont solve anything.

shelby
10-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Nor will benching him.