PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say I told you so

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 04:12 PM
I must have a good timing.

Late last week I posted a thread about how much effort and draft choices the Bills wasted on McGahee. A running back that was never any better than the running back they already had.

When he was first drafted we listened to the Bills and all thier zombie followers say the difference was the fact that he has break away speed ! He can break one for a TD from anywhere on the field . Therefore its worth the big investment.

So against N.E. they have a perfect play called and he runs completley free through a huge hole .
And what happens? Where was the speed ?

Do you honestly believe that Henry or most other NFL backs would have picked up less on that play ?

No most would have picked up more.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 04:14 PM
McGahee was the only bright spot this Sunday. Did you even watch the game?

kernowboy
10-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Robert Royal finally caught some passes

SquishDaFish
10-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Edited for TOS violation.
Willis was one of the few brightspots today.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 04:18 PM
You should hate to say it...because now you have to eat your foot. McGahee busted his ass today.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Willis was one of the few brightspots today.

Although most of his posts are ridiclous there is some merit here. McGahee couldn't out run a guy with a bad hamstring. He needed to find the endzone and he couldn't. Are we better off with McGahee instead of Henry? Was it worth a first round pick? It's too late now but it just shows how big a joke TD was.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 04:32 PM
TD was a joke. Henry loved being a Bill, and I liked him cause of that. But as far as comparison goes between the two, I still think McGahee is a much better back. He busted his ass today, and our OL gave him **** to work with. Yet he still managed a couple big plays. He actually jolted some life into our team.

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 04:40 PM
TD was a joke. Henry loved being a Bill, and I liked him cause of that. But as far as comparison goes between the two, I still think McGahee is a much better back. He busted his ass today, and our OL gave him **** to work with. Yet he still managed a couple big plays. He actually jolted some life into our team.

He is no break away back.

His big run was something any back could pick up on that play.

There wasnt anything for him to do but run straight down the field.

Where was the break away speed?

Isnt that what they paid for?

Even if he was to finally put in an effort, it won't give him speed.

He is no faster that Travis Henry. They didnt improve one iota taking him in the draft.

So yes, saying I told you so is exactly what I did.
There is no escaping how accurate it was.

shelby
10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
That's fine. But he's what we've got.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 04:44 PM

He is no break away back.

His big run was something any back could pick up on that play.

There wasnt anything for him to do but run straight down the field.

Where was the break away speed?

Isnt that what they paid for?

Even if he was to finally put in an effort, it won't give him speed.

He is no faster that Travis Henry. They didnt improve one iota taking him in the draft.

So yes, saying I told you so is exactly what I did.
There is no escaping how accurate it was.

Some of the best RB's in the game didnt threaten to hit a home run each time. Just look at Curtis Martin, he was just consistent with his 4ypc. Willis is similar. Ronnie Brown is in the same category as well. Does that make these RB's bad? NO, ofcourse not. Each back can do different things.

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 04:46 PM
That's fine. But he's what we've got.

The point is that fans have a way of adopting the rhetoric that they are fed and regurgitating it as fact.

If they took an unbiased look the wouldn't be so off on evaluating these players.

They need to block out all the BS they are fed and just see it as it is.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 04:49 PM
McGahee was the only bright spot this Sunday. Did you even watch the game?

schobel had a couple of sacks as well.

mybills
10-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Late last week I posted a thread about how much effort and draft choices the Bills wasted on McGahee.

This post is not only moronic, it's got down syndrome.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 04:51 PM
schobel had a couple of sacks as well.
Your right. So that makes Willis and Schobel, anybody else play decent?

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Some of the best RB's in the game didnt threaten to hit a home run each time. Just look at Curtis Martin, he was just consistent with his 4ypc. Willis is similar. Ronnie Brown is in the same category as well. Does that make these RB's bad? NO, ofcourse not. Each back can do different things.

Hey listen to what my point is.

They had an equivalent back that was running for 1300 and 1400 yards a year.

So when asked why they are wasting a First round pick on a back that will be out for a year with a damaged knee, the answer was that he was a special back with the type of break away speed few backs have.

But that is not what he is . He is an average back.

With no break away speed. NONE!

OK ?

NONE. JUST LIKE I SAID THE OTHER DAY.

SO WHAT DID THEY GET ? YOU TELL ME. COME ON TELL ME.
IS THIS THE STANDOUT RUNNER YOU WERE TOLD HE WAS ?<!-- / message -->

mybills
10-22-2006, 04:53 PM
:coocoo:

shelby
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM
You don't need to yell.

Or beat us over the head with your opinions.

mybills
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM
# 1 in the AFC, but you're right. :rofl:

GFLuNEEDit
10-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Your right. So that makes Willis and Schobel, anybody else play decent?

They already had a decent back. In fact they had more than one at the time.
So they let him go and burned a first round pick on a back thats no better.
Just one of the many reasons they continue to lose.

Tennesee has Henry and it cost them a 3rd rounder.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Set to ignore

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey listen to what my point is.

They had an equivalent back that was running for 1300 and 1400 yards a year.

So when asked why they are wasting a First round pick on a back that will be out for a year with a damaged knee, the answer was that he was a special back with the type of break away speed few backs have.

But that is not what he is . He is an average back.

With no break away speed. NONE!

OK ?

NONE. JUST LIKE I SAID THE OTHER DAY.

SO WHAT DID THEY GET ? YOU TELL ME. COME ON TELL ME.
IS THIS THE STANDOUT RUNNER YOU WERE TOLD HE WAS ?<!-- / message -->
In ToS it says dont attack the poster, attack the post. Well, all have your posts have been ******ed, you can only guess what I think of the poster. It doesnt matter what they said about his 'break away' speed. He is still one of the most productive backs in the NFL. He is leading the AFC in rushing yards, behind a **** offensive line. Please, think before you post. With a decent offensive line maybe Willis could break a couple. Everyone here knows that Willis was the only one doing good things on offense, this topic is disgusting.