PDA

View Full Version : So, we probably end up with a top 5 draft pick.

X-Era
10-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Heres what we are looking at at the top of Round 1:

Adrian Peterson
Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Joe Thomas

One of those guys is ours. I personally would LOVE Calvin Johnson. It COULD happen.

Oak, Miami are worse than us. One is going to take Brady Quinn. Now, Miami needs a WR so they probably take Calvin. But they also need OL, maybe Thomas. Oak needs a QB, but doesnt need a WR, they also wont spend another high rounder on OL. Oak is our friend.

One way or another, we are gonna get a helluva player.

Adams could be the next Peppers, hes that good. Thomas is talked about with the likes of Ogden, Johnson could be the next Chad Johnson without the mouth.

patmoran2006
10-22-2006, 06:30 PM
1- We are currently in a six way tie for the 7th worst record in the NFL.. So we would be looking at between pick 7-12 right now.

2- LOL, I Love the way you convienantly dont even mention Quinn, SMith or Brohm. LIke the Bills arent even THINKING about needing a real quarterback.

marv wasnt a big fan of JP before the season began, how you think he's feeling about him right about now?

X-Era
10-22-2006, 06:34 PM
1- We are currently in a six way tie for the 7th worst record in the NFL.. So we would be looking at between pick 7-12 right now.

2- LOL, I Love the way you convienantly dont even mention Quinn, SMith or Brohm. LIke the Bills arent even THINKING about needing a real quarterback.

marv wasnt a big fan of JP before the season began, how you think he's feeling about him right about now?

We arent going to draft a new one, I think we go o-line, d-line or play maker. Im not going to argue this with you, you have your opinion, I have mine.

Why dont you simply argue this point with someone else and argue on entirely different issues with me.

Personally I like drafting Johnson the most. But, I think adding a guy like Adams would help a ton too. Before today, I was very much thinking we need that Peppers type. But today we got enough pressure on Brady and still they scored points and won. I want the most bang for the buck. It might just be a shut down LT.

Typ0
10-22-2006, 06:35 PM
I hope we get a top 5 pick...and I hope ML is astute enough to barter that into three more picks because we need them.

X-Era
10-22-2006, 06:37 PM
I hope we get a top 5 pick...and I hope ML is astute enough to barter that into three more picks because we need them.

Unless your convinced those new 3 picks are gonna be stars or sure fire big upgrades thats adding more mediocrity and Im against that

Kerr
10-22-2006, 06:38 PM

You think they'd draft a qb in the 1st round? but if brohm is there, it would be tough to pass on him.

X-Era
10-22-2006, 06:41 PM
You think they'd draft a qb in the 1st round? but if brohm is there, it would be tough to pass on him.

I think our board says:

1) Calvin Johnson- hes Reggie at WR, you just cant pass him up
2) Gaines Adams- Hes the next Peppers
3) Joe Thomas- Marv finally fixes our trenches

Kerr
10-22-2006, 06:45 PM
I think our board says:

1) Calvin Johnson- hes Reggie at WR, you just cant pass him up
2) Gaines Adams- Hes the next Peppers
3) Joe Thomas- Marv finally fixes our trenches

and what about the qb position?

Typ0
10-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Unless your convinced those new 3 picks are gonna be stars or sure fire big upgrades thats adding more mediocrity and Im against that

that's too much to ask for from the draft. Trading a top 5 for a lower first and second and maybe a pick next season would be just what the doctor ordered for this team. There would be a much better probability we would get at least one good player and it also would free up cap money for free agency. We really do have a lot of talent but some of it's going to be leaving and we will have a lot of needs if we want to be competitive.

BILLSROCK1212
10-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Marv will prob take the 6th best QB in the 1st round who turns out to be the best when he cud've gotten him in the 3rd round

X-Era
10-22-2006, 06:49 PM
and what about the qb position?

I dont think they draft a QB in the 1st round.

I think they finally wake up and work to fix the lines, then JP may be just fine.

As I said already, Im not going to argue about JP anymore. Some dont agree with me, some do. Its just not worth arguing about anymore.

I think we go other routes in the 1st.

X-Era
10-22-2006, 06:51 PM
that's too much to ask for from the draft. Trading a top 5 for a lower first and second and maybe a pick next season would be just what the doctor ordered for this team. There would be a much better probability we would get at least one good player and it also would free up cap money for free agency. We really do have a lot of talent but some of it's going to be leaving and we will have a lot of needs if we want to be competitive.

So instead of going into the season with 11 mill in cap space we go with 20? What the hell is the point in that?

We need to spend up to our cap to get better, we need to draft the best we can get to get better.

Your talking about trying to get "value" out of our picks and cap space, good plan, but it has screwed us for a decade.

Thanks but no thanks.

billsfairweatherfan
10-22-2006, 06:53 PM
We arent going to draft a new one, I think we go o-line, d-line or play maker. Im not going to argue this with you, you have your opinion, I have mine.

Why dont you simply argue this point with someone else and argue on entirely different issues with me.

Personally I like drafting Johnson the most. But, I think adding a guy like Adams would help a ton too. Before today, I was very much thinking we need that Peppers type. But today we got enough pressure on Brady and still they scored points and won. I want the most bang for the buck. It might just be a shut down LT.
What will help here is a qb like brady quinn or smith.jp losing style is out of here.lets not waste this year pick also.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-22-2006, 06:56 PM
its a sad freakin day when we are talking draft at week 7

MarvLevy
10-22-2006, 06:57 PM

BROHM IS NOT A 1ST RD PICK

X-Era
10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
its a sad freakin day when we are talking draft at week 7

Try a sad decade.

Unfortunately, its about all that would make me happy right about now.

I still have hope for improvement as a team, but its looking bad around here.

alohabillsfan
10-22-2006, 06:59 PM

At least that will minimize the all of your eggs in one basket scenario!

BILLSROCK1212
10-22-2006, 07:07 PM
I say the top 5 goes like this

1. Oakland Brady Quinn
2. Miami Calvin Johnson
3. Arizona Joe Thomas
4. Buffalo Gaines Adams
5. Tenessee Leon Hall

BILLSROCK1212
10-22-2006, 07:10 PM
BROHM IS NOT A 1ST RD PICK
LOL yur kidding right? The guy was one of the top 3 most accurate actually maybe had the best completion percentage in college last year as a sophmore an now as a Junior is definetly a top 3 QB any1 who knows college football wud say he is a 1st rounder and maybe even a top 10 pick at this point

DraftBoy
10-22-2006, 07:10 PM
I say the top 5 goes like this

1. Oakland Brady Quinn
2. Miami Calvin Johnson
3. Arizona Joe Thomas
4. Buffalo Gaines Adams
5. Tenessee Leon Hall

Ahh Id hate taking Adams so high, I think he's top 10, but not top 5. Id rather trade down like Typ0 said. I still think we are out of the top 5, closer to 8th.

Mahdi
10-22-2006, 07:18 PM
OL and DL the first 3 rounds please. Then we need a CB because McGee is getting sha-lacked.

BILLSROCK1212
10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Ahh Id hate taking Adams so high, I think he's top 10, but not top 5. Id rather trade down like Typ0 said. I still think we are out of the top 5, closer to 8th.
i know i just did that based on needs without trades

HHURRICANE
10-22-2006, 07:25 PM
DL's in the draft have a quicker learning curve than OL's I would like to see our line completely addressed with experienced FAs. If that happens than wasting one pick on a QB is fine with me!!