View Full Version : I don't get it!!!

kgun12
10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Most people here figured:

5-11
6-10
7-9 and some of the REAL optimisic folks thought
8-8

So my question to all the *****ing is did you think we would be any of the above record playing REALLY good football? Seriously we have a young QB learning his
3rd new offense, a horrible O-line that most of us new BEFORE the draft, that wasn't addressed! (BTW the Jets got D. Ferguson and Mangold in the draft), 5 that's FIVE rookies playing D, a whole new coaching staff for the 3rd time in 5 years, and front office.

So if your *****ing I ask why. Did you really think this season would be any different and if so why?

I have said it on this site from day 1 of it's existance, the way you win in the NFL is on the O and D lines. What have we done to make ours better!

BTW we are sitting on about $10 million dollars not spent under the cap. Hutchinson along with a good O-line draft choice or another FA would have been VERY helpful. But then again alot of you *****ing said it would have been a waste of money to bring in a couple of top flight FA linemen. Well I hope we are getting good interest on the $10 million, cause it's not doing us a damn bit of good!

Do I like what's happening NO, was it expected YES!!!

Is Holcomb the answer laughable, NO

Novacane
10-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Because they raised expectations the way they played the first month. They are getting worse instead of better. Thats why

X-Era
10-22-2006, 07:37 PM

5-11
6-10
8-8

So my question to all the *****ing is did you think we would be any of the above record playing REALLY good football? Seriously we have a young QB learning his
3rd new offense, a horrible O-line that most of us new BEFORE the draft, that wasn't addressed! (BTW the Jets got D. Ferguson and Mangold in the draft), 5 that's FIVE rookies playing D, a whole new coaching staff for the 3rd time in 5 years, and front office.

So if your *****ing I ask why. Did you really think this season would be any different and if so why?

I have said it on this site from day 1 of it's existance, the way you win in the NFL is on the O and D lines. What have we done to make ours better!

BTW we are sitting on about $10 million dollars not spent under the cap. Hutchinson along with a good O-line draft choice or another FA would have been VERY helpful. But then again alot of you *****ing said it would have been a waste of money to bring in a couple of top flight FA linemen. Well I hope we are getting good interest on the $10 million, cause it's not doing us a damn bit of good!

You forgot to ask why so many want to blame the whole mess on our young QB.

Your ON THE MONEY!!! There should be NO *****ing. We arent there yet, and unless we change our approach to the draft and FA we wont get there either.

shelby
10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Simply put, people love to *****.

The team played like :curse: today.

i predicted 6-10 before the season began so i am not surprised. We stood a snowball's chance in hell of having a winning season this year.

At least we have one win over the lowly Dolphins.

Go Sabres!:hockey:

Mad Bomber
10-22-2006, 07:48 PM

5-11
6-10
8-8

At the beginning of the season I was thinking 7-9, with a possibility of 8-8. I NEVER thought playoffs. I was looking for the team to start finding its footing to make a run at the playoffs next year. I was looking for continual improvement throughout the year.

What I've seen in the past three weeks is a team that is REGRESSING. After the first four weeks I was VERY optiimistic, because we seemed to be a team that was playing with fire, but didn't yet know how to put a game away.

In the past three weeks, this has been a team that has NO heart, NO spirit, NO sense of being able to win a game.

kgun12
10-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Because they raised expectations the way they played the first month. They are getting worse instead of better. Thats why

Seriously you really thought the way they played they had a shot of beating Indy, NE, Jax, SD, Balt, the Bears, and at the time Miami? Realistically that right there is 8 losses right there. With all of the above factors I mentioned you reall thought we would be at best better than 8-8? Come on!!!

Novacane
10-22-2006, 07:54 PM
They had a shot at beating NE week 1 on the road why would you not think they had a shot at home? This team is getting worse not better.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 07:55 PM
I really hate *****ing to be honest. Im the type of guy where I would rather agree, but obviously I wont agree if I deem the other party uncorrect. Im just disappointed that we havent played disciplined football. So many mistakes, errors and penalties that have been suicidal to our teams success and growth. I guess one, would expect that with such a young team. One thing I didnt expect, was to lose winnable games against, very beatable teams. The Jets and Lions are two perfect examples of this. Even, New England is beatable. Im just disgusted that nobody can beat NE out of the #1 spot in our division. There really not a good team when you look at other teams out there. I suppose, I had high expectations for this team. I figured JP, would be coming into his own. I was worried about our offensive line and WR's, to begin with. I didnt think our defense would be so insufficient. I certainly didnt believe our run defense would be so horrid. That's the NFL though, one year your on top and the other your on the bottom. Its a shame we have been on the bottom for the past decade though.

kgun12
10-22-2006, 07:56 PM
At the beginning of the season I was thinking 7-9, with a possibility of 8-8. I NEVER thought playoffs. I was looking for the team to start finding its footing to make a run at the playoffs next year. I was looking for continual improvement throughout the year.

What I've seen in the past three weeks is a team that is REGRESSING. After the first four weeks I was VERY optiimistic, because we seemed to be a team that was playing with fire, but didn't yet know how to put a game away.

In the past three weeks, this has been a team that has NO heart, NO spirit, NO sense of being able to win a game.

Teams have figured out how the beat our D. Quick passes and don't let our speed be a factor! As for the offense, if you keep putting crap in front of _______ (any QB) and call it an o-line it doesn't matter! If it looks like cap, smell like crap and plays like crap, I think it is crap!

Again a lot of the people, where the ones saying Hutchinson and the Center from N. O. wasn't worth the money, well look what we have! CRAP.

If J.p. was in Pittsburgh and Rothisbuger was in Buffalo and everythinh else the same, we would be talking about what a flop Ben was and how good J.P. played in the Super Bowl!!!

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 07:56 PM
i predicted 6-10 but it doesn't look as if we'll get there.not the way they've been playing the last 3 weeks.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM

Because we played well against a flat performance by NE and still lost?
Because we beat Miami?
Nothing great about the Jets game.
Minnesota...that game wasn't bad. Although we did almost let them tie it.

What I gleaned from the first four months is that we have some descent young players. I still think so. Key plays are going in the wrong direction for us right now. These things happen to young teams.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
I thought, 7-9 was very reasonable.

YardRat
10-22-2006, 08:03 PM

5-11
6-10
8-8

Do I like what's happening NO, was it expected YES!!!

Is Holcomb the answer laughable, NO

Do you really think that turning the ball over three times per game and scoring 6 pts is going to garner any more victories than the two we already have? I don't.

kgun12
10-22-2006, 08:05 PM
I really hate *****ing to be honest. Im the type of guy where I would rather agree, but obviously I wont agree if I deem the other party uncorrect. Im just disappointed that we havent played disciplined football. So many mistakes, errors and penalties that have been suicidal to our teams success and growth. I guess one, would expect that with such a young team. One thing I didnt expect, was to lose winnable games against, very beatable teams. The Jets and Lions are two perfect examples of this. Even, New England is beatable. Im just disgusted that nobody can beat NE out of the #1 spot in our division. There really not a good team when you look at other teams out there. I suppose, I had high expectations for this team. I figured JP, would be coming into his own. I was worried about our offensive line and WR's, to begin with. I didnt think our defense would be so insufficient. I certainly didnt believe our run defense would be so horrid. That's the NFL though, one year your on top and the other your on the bottom. Its a shame we have been on the bottom for the past decade though.

You answered your own question, but dismissed it, it's called youth! Youth takes stupid plenalties, youth plays undisipline football and youth looses winnable games. And BAD VERY BAD O-lines make it had for a young QB to get better! Ask Todd Collins, Johnson, Flutie only had some sucess cause he had the experince to run for his life, Bledsoe was made to look young and bad and is doing the same in Dallas and now J.P. Which brings me back to how long we have been stuggling and bad. Our O-line has been filled with has beens dating back to Collins. Again let's sit on $10 million dollars.

kgun12
10-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Do you really think that turning the ball over three times per game and scoring 6 pts is going to garner any more victories than the two we already have? I don't.

What's your point!

Marvelous
10-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Almost all of the old school diehards here we're onpoint with predicting our record. Mine was 5-11 with .500 being a wet dream... I just wanna enjoy some nice stats frommy fav players and the youth..Schobel,Kelsay,Fletch,McGee---
youth--Whitner,Ko,Evans etc

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 08:15 PM
What's your point!

point is that losman friggin blows.

YardRat
10-22-2006, 08:16 PM
What's your point!

My point is even though some expected growing pains and anywhere from a 5-11 to 7-9 season it was at least expected to win games we should, be competive in games against better teams, and show some progress as the season moved on.

We're losing games we shouldn't, getting blown out by better teams, and regressing. The way this team is playing right now, especially turning the ball over multiple times per game and unable to score points offensively, even 5 and 11 looks like a reach.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 08:22 PM
You answered your own question, but dismissed it, it's called youth! Youth takes stupid plenalties, youth plays undisipline football and youth looses winnable games. And BAD VERY BAD O-lines make it had for a young QB to get better! Ask Todd Collins, Johnson, Flutie only had some sucess cause he had the experince to run for his life, Bledsoe was made to look young and bad and is doing the same in Dallas and now J.P. Which brings me back to how long we have been stuggling and bad. Our O-line has been filled with has beens dating back to Collins. Again let's sit on $10 million dollars.
Your probably right, but I would be lying if I didnt expect more. Youth or experience, I still figured we could do better.

kgun12
10-22-2006, 08:35 PM
point is that losman friggin blows.

and what QB on this roster or anyone elses roster would do any better with this line? Things will not get better for this team until the O-line does, PERIOD! Are you are saying this is all J.P. fault and I'm not sure you are, but if you are you are mistaken. However there are people here that think it is! I'm not going through all the stats of the young QB's cause it's been done before, but he is on par with the amount of games he has played and the line he plays behind. Again refer to my comparison of where he would be with Pittsburgh, there line and only having to drop back 16-19 times a game to win.

goodkarma
10-22-2006, 08:35 PM

5-11
6-10
8-8

I predicted 5-11, so I'm not totally surprised, but 9 penalties and 6 points at home ???? That just sucks.

kgun12
10-22-2006, 08:39 PM
I predicted 5-11, so I'm not totally surprised, but 9 penalties and 6 points at home ???? That just sucks.

Yes it does! and how many of those plenalites can be blamed on youth, probably most. How many on the QB?

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Yes it does! and how many of those plenalites can be blamed on youth, probably most. How many on the QB?

more excuses for that assclown.... :mad:

kgun12
10-22-2006, 09:00 PM
more excuses for that assclown.... :mad:

So those were JP's fault?

So why haven't we been able to develop a QG since Kelly? Brady goes to NE. sucess, Brees goes to NO. has sucuess, Rivers takes his spot sucess, Rothlisbuger in Pitts sucess, he gets hurt Batch sucess, Plummer goes to Denver sucess! an on an on, What's the one commom denominator good O-lines. It's easy to say Collins sucked, Johnson suked, Bledsoe sucked, Flutie sucked (check out how many wins he had as SD's starter, and now JP sucks. What sucked sucks and will continue to suck if they stay with the same draft and FA philosophy is our line. To blame any QB is a cop out and something a novice fan would and does, and you are not a novice fan, so for you to say that tells me you are one of the many frustrated fans. I understand that, what I don't understand is knowledgable fans pinning it on the one player/position (all of our QB's since Kelly) when this orginization has done nothing to protect and help this position, is willing to bring in has beens and the left over linemen at the end of the FA period and sit on $10 million. No I think the anger lies in the orginization, not JP!

kgun12
10-23-2006, 10:08 AM
So those were JP's fault?

So why haven't we been able to develop a QG since Kelly? Brady goes to NE. sucess, Brees goes to NO. has sucuess, Rivers takes his spot sucess, Rothlisbuger in Pitts sucess, he gets hurt Batch sucess, Plummer goes to Denver sucess! an on an on, What's the one commom denominator good O-lines. It's easy to say Collins sucked, Johnson suked, Bledsoe sucked, Flutie sucked (check out how many wins he had as SD's starter, and now JP sucks. What sucked sucks and will continue to suck if they stay with the same draft and FA philosophy is our line. To blame any QB is a cop out and something a novice fan would and does, and you are not a novice fan, so for you to say that tells me you are one of the many frustrated fans. I understand that, what I don't understand is knowledgable fans pinning it on the one player/position (all of our QB's since Kelly) when this orginization has done nothing to protect and help this position, is willing to bring in has beens and the left over linemen at the end of the FA period and sit on $10 million. No I think the anger lies in the orginization, not JP!

How about Huard in KC, Gradkowski in TB, hell for as good as Manning is even he looked bad yesterday when he got pressured all 3 times!

But back to my orgininal theme of this thread, THERE is a hell of alot more wrong with this team then JP, and alot of it has to do with youth and a new coaching staff every 2 years!

Billzz
10-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Kgun is correct in theroy on why the bills suck atm. Unfortunatly the part that is missed is the improvements people expected to see. They anticipated a crappy product from game 1 with continual advances towards winning as the season progressed, not vice versa.

I just don't think at this point in time the team has any cohesion. They essentiallly find the weakest link and place the blame squarely on that persons shoulders. Who is to blame for that? Well the owner on down IMO. The winning mentality has to start somewhere to overcome the bad karma this team has experienced.

In order for it to be succesful consistency and a winning attitude needs to be instilled over a period of time. They have zero to believe in atm and quite honestly you can watch this team fall apart loss after loss.

Basically I am reserving judgement until DJ has time to put his guys in place and instill the winning attitude in them. They will not know what it is to win until they actually start. Enough blabbing about what I think.

billsfairweatherfan
10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
You forgot to ask why so many want to blame the whole mess on our young QB.

Your ON THE MONEY!!! There should be NO *****ing. We arent there yet, and unless we change our approach to the draft and FA we wont get there either.
he had his chance last year .granted he was so bad that they replace him .but he still stinks.IM so sick of jp take i say let him finsh the season so after it is all over and this crappy season show how bad jp really is all those jp butt kisser will shut up and do the right thing.run him out of buffalo...ps.jp is no rookie

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 01:19 PM
You forgot to ask why so many want to blame the whole mess on our young QB

Typical for a Losman bootlicker.

Can you show me one poster who as you say 'blames the whole mess on Losman' ?

Just more pathetic misrepresentation in a pathetic attempt to prop up your undieing and illogical loyalty to an inept player.

kgun12
10-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Typical for a Losman bootlicker.

Can you show me one poster who as you say 'blames the whole mess on Losman' ?

Just more pathetic misrepresentation in a pathetic attempt to prop up your undieing and illogical loyalty to an inept player.

Your right not many are blaming JP for the entire mess we have right now, however I have to ask again, why haven't we been able to groom a QB since J. Kelly? This is why I point to our lack of quality people we have brought in to play )-line. Other teams seem to be able to play and get good if not great production from young QB's. Rivers, Gradkowski, Lienert, Young, Grossman, (BTW Beas fans wanted to hang burn and run him out of town last year!) last year with Rothlisbuger, hell Pitt brings there back up and doesn't miss a beat! So why in 10 years or so can't we get a QB that can play? Again it's the line!