PDA

View Full Version : Well, theres one thing Im happy about

X-Era
10-22-2006, 07:33 PM
During the post game pressy's, no one through anyone under the bus. There was plenty of people blaming themselves.

It was refreshing to hear people own up to their mistakes.

I think the team has the right attitude if they can simply get better talent while maintaining character, we could go places. Its going to take a few more offseasons Im afraid. And its got to be very good offseasons, not like what weve done recently.

I think we will get better. I see it coming. I have hope. I like our guys, I like our corp players. But we need to add some stars and rebuild our lines.

This team has been blown out in 2 games. But they have played tough in all the rest. Theres fight in them, but they play young overall and make dumb mistakes.

Id like to see our coaches run some smarter plays as well. The Reed as a QB, the throw on 3rd and 2 in the red zone, the TE screen, even abandoning the run. We could have coached smarter. We need to coach to win, not take chances, we dont believe we can win yet. We lack confidence, once we get those things, then we can try trickery. Not yet.

But yes, I like the way Jauron handles the media much better than Fool-arkey. I also like the way that our players arent openly slamming each other, its refreshing.

shelby
10-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Positivity! How dare you?

:D

X-Era
10-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Positivity! How dare you?

:D

Im trying to be.

I guess I feel like we are supposed to be Bills fans. How can we be that if we just come here and bash away, week after week after week?

Some of the attitudes here are just plain pathetic.

We may not be that great, but I feel we are going to get better. I have to believe that Marv will look at this teams talent and realize that it doesnt have what he had when he was successful. I think he will go ahead and get the type of players that will make us much better.

But it just wont be this year.

In the end, we have a team and alot of cities dont.

Its still my team, and unlike many, I still support the team, its front office, its coaches, and yes its players.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Yes.

Players are saying how Jauron and the other coaches are giving them a good game plan but they are not executing.
Jauron says he has to get these guys better prepared.
"We have to play smarter." - Fletcher
"We have to stop making those little mental errors." (That result in big plays given up.) - McGee

YardRat
10-22-2006, 08:37 PM
I too believe we're on the right track.

Whitner and Simpson will emerge as the leaders on the defense, and they'll be good at it.

We have no leader on offense now, or in the foreseeable future and that needs to be addressed.

Struggle through this year, learn, grow, get better as a team. Address the positions that need to be upgraded with no sugarcoating, no excuses, and no free passes or 'hands-off'.

I'm looking forward to a Sabres-type resurgence from the Bills next year :D