PDA

View Full Version : An embarrassing start set the tone for this one....

OpIv37
10-22-2006, 07:51 PM
On the Pats first TD, the Bills KNEW what the Pats were going to do and couldn't stop it. Before the snap, Whitner moved into position right at the Pats point of attack, and Spikes started cheating towards that spot too. But they still gave up the 8 yards and the TD.

On the ensuing drive, they completed a 3rd down pass, which was nullified by two penalties.

The Bills overcame that with the huge shuffle pass to McGahee. Of course, they blew it this time with a bad call by the coaches- did our coaches actually think NE wasn't going to notice Josh Reed being in the backfield for the first time all game?

The FG was followed by the huge return by Maroney. The Bills then would have forced a FG try, if it wasn't for what was perhaps the dumbest penalty in the history of the team. Two guys plowed Brady after he took a knee.

And hence, the tone was set- every time the Bills did something well, they followed it with a mistake or a series of mistakes. Horrendous coaching, horrendous discipline and horrendous execution.

Oh, and before justa or someone else blames this on youth and inexperience- one of the offensive penalties was on Price and the hit on Brady was by Fletcher and Kelsay. These are all guys who have been around long enough to know better. No excuses.

shelby
10-22-2006, 07:52 PM
No excuses. Stupid mistakes.
i'm surprised you're so calm, Op.

OpIv37
10-22-2006, 07:53 PM
No excuses. Stupid mistakes.
i'm surprised you're so calm, Op.

there's a reason I didn't post right after the game.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 08:08 PM
No, crap. We are entering a new era of erroneousness. Penalties and mistakes have been detrimental to this teams success. Theirs no question.

kinigirly
10-22-2006, 08:19 PM
that's it?? its worse than i thought....op's at a loss for words....criticism words :nervous:

OpIv37
10-22-2006, 11:04 PM
that's it?? its worse than i thought....op's at a loss for words....criticism words :nervous:

it's all been said.

This team lacks talent on the OL and DL, and instead of compensating for it with consistent, error-free play, they compound the problem by constantly shooting themselves in the foot. There's simply no excuse for it.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
let's not forget that the 330 lb run stuffers don't supposedly fit the scheme for our defense.

OpIv37
10-22-2006, 11:12 PM
let's not forget that the 330 lb run stuffers don't supposedly fit the scheme for our defense.

I'm so sick of that crap.

The only time run stuffers don't fit the scheme is if the scheme intends to get trampled on the ground week in and week out.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm so sick of that crap.

The only time run stuffers don't fit the scheme is if the scheme intends to get trampled on the ground week in and week out.

i agree.but yet,we get a bunch of ham and eggers who get pushed around because they are outweighed by 40-50 lbs.who the hell are they going to stop when they're on the field for most of the game?