X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

JP Losman is the least of the Buffalo Bills problems

Now looking at this buffalo bills team, JP has not played well, but he is no where near the biggest problem for the team. If we go out and draft another QB im afraid THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN TO THEM, and it would set us back 2 more years from being a contender. Im not sold on Matt Schaub either, hes looked good in limited playing time, but still he hasent done it for a whole year.

The bills have holes all over the offensive line, Villarrial and Gandy NEED to be replaced, CV had an incredibly bad game today, he looked like a turnstyle. Mike Gandy looked OK last year, but has fallen off this year. O line needs to be our #1 priority.

On defense, McGee and Clements have struggled all year, and Clements will most likely walk, leaving a gaping hole in our secondary that we will need to fill. And the best free agent CB's look to be Asante Samuel of NE or Nick Harper of Indy.

Fletcher is a UFA and is 31, we will see if Marv resigns him, hes been one of my favorites for his tenure is a bill, and it would hurt to see him go, but if we do, linebacker becomes a big need.

And the D line, which still needs a run stuffing DT and another DE across from schobel. The list just keeps going on, this dosent include a WR across from Evans or a nice pass catching TE

Drafting a QB early in the draft is not the right move, not with this many holes, I just think JP is gonna be our QB for another year, barring something darastic, like a stud QB getting cut by another team or something

I trust Marv knows what hes doing, but hes got his work cut out for him, like it or not, i think JP will be our QB next season, while we try to fill the gaping holes we have on this team. But if he dosent perform next season, he is done as a bill
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: JP Losman is the least of the Buffalo Bills problems

Don't turn the ball over, and this team can at least show up against anybody.

Don't protect the ball and don't create any turnovers, and we flat out lose.

It's that simple.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

You cannot honestly tell me, QB isnt a big problem. It sure as hell is up there. QB, LT and DT. Those are the 3 biggest needs. We either need production from JP, or he needs to get the **** out of here.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
        • Mar 2006

You cannot honestly tell me, QB isnt a big problem. It sure as hell is up there. QB, LT and DT. Those are the 3 biggest needs. We either need production from JP, or he needs to get the **** out of here.
        did you actually read the post or just look at the title?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx
          did you actually read the post or just look at the title?
          I read your post. You listed all of our 'needs'. But when you say someone is the 'least' of your problems, you are saying he isnt the biggest problem. I'm simply pointing out, its one of our most pressing needs.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

the only thing losman has achieved is a good pass rating.big friggin deal!!!!!how about some more points on the board?
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• goodkarma
              • Aug 2003

I'm not sold on JP, but I agree both OL and DL and possibly LB are higher priorities than QB.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Having rookie safeties doesn't help Clements or McGee either. Simpson is often found coming way late. I think he is on a tougher learning curve at free safety. Whitner is looking pretty good running around and making solid tackles, but isn't getting his hands on many passes.
                I remember Tony Dungy having the same problems with this defense early on.

Nick Harper would be a great fit for obvious reasons. He will come cheaper that Clements, too. I'm sure McGee will grow into this scheme.

I think we will be replacing Fletcher and it will be early in the draft unless there is a starting quality MLB out there in FA who has experience in the Tampa-2. Fletcher is not good dropping back in pass coverage, which a MLB must often do in this system. (I like Patrick Willis out of Mississippi, but mid-late 1st round.)

One cannot say it enough....we have to get better at the line of scrimmage!
                ....on both sides of the ball.

I also think JP will still be here, but you can bet that if he doesn't improve, he will not be competing against Nall and Holcomb...there will be a rookie nipping at his heels.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

1. Who drafts the players?
                  2. Who decides which players make the roster?
                  3. Who is responsible for instilling discipline in the team?
                  4. Who is responsible for motivating the team?
                  5. Who is responsible for preparing the team?
                  6. Who is reponsible for creating the gameplan?
                  7. Who is reponsible for making gametime calls/adjustments?
                  8. Who is responsible for holding players accountable for bad plays?
                  9. Who is responsible for getting players to play to their potential?

The poor play on the field is a symptom, not a cause, of the team's problem.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Before today I would have agreed with this thread, but JP's butter fingers are on him alone. He wasn't blindsided today. That's gotta stop before any progress means anything.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                      Before today I would have agreed with this thread, but JP's butter fingers are on him alone. He wasn't blindsided today. That's gotta stop before any progress means anything.

i'm tired of the fumbles too but the buttlickers don't want to mention that.they want to make excuses like the homers did for rob johnson.this is BS.
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

JP Losman is the least of the Buffalo Bills problems

Sorry...I just have to laugh my ass off every time I read this thread title.

YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat

Sorry...I just have to laugh my ass off every time I read this thread title.

what's even funnier is that the buttlickers agree with him too.bunch of ****ing sad sacks...

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
                            • Mar 2006

i'm tired of the fumbles too but the buttlickers don't want to mention that.they want to make excuses like the homers did for rob johnson.this is BS.
                            Just for the record i was a flutie fan

but do you honestly think if we replaced JP with Brady Quinn things would be different?

and for the record...where in that post did i make an excuse for JP Losman?

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Oct 2006

Sounds to me like you are jumping ship on Losman now.

Comment

Working...
                              X