PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman is the least of the Buffalo Bills problems

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Now looking at this buffalo bills team, JP has not played well, but he is no where near the biggest problem for the team. If we go out and draft another QB im afraid THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN TO THEM, and it would set us back 2 more years from being a contender. Im not sold on Matt Schaub either, hes looked good in limited playing time, but still he hasent done it for a whole year.

The bills have holes all over the offensive line, Villarrial and Gandy NEED to be replaced, CV had an incredibly bad game today, he looked like a turnstyle. Mike Gandy looked OK last year, but has fallen off this year. O line needs to be our #1 priority.

On defense, McGee and Clements have struggled all year, and Clements will most likely walk, leaving a gaping hole in our secondary that we will need to fill. And the best free agent CB's look to be Asante Samuel of NE or Nick Harper of Indy.

Fletcher is a UFA and is 31, we will see if Marv resigns him, hes been one of my favorites for his tenure is a bill, and it would hurt to see him go, but if we do, linebacker becomes a big need.

And the D line, which still needs a run stuffing DT and another DE across from schobel. The list just keeps going on, this dosent include a WR across from Evans or a nice pass catching TE

Drafting a QB early in the draft is not the right move, not with this many holes, I just think JP is gonna be our QB for another year, barring something darastic, like a stud QB getting cut by another team or something

I trust Marv knows what hes doing, but hes got his work cut out for him, like it or not, i think JP will be our QB next season, while we try to fill the gaping holes we have on this team. But if he dosent perform next season, he is done as a bill

YardRat
10-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Don't turn the ball over, and this team can at least show up against anybody.

Don't protect the ball and don't create any turnovers, and we flat out lose.

It's that simple.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 08:06 PM
You cannot honestly tell me, QB isnt a big problem. It sure as hell is up there. QB, LT and DT. Those are the 3 biggest needs. We either need production from JP, or he needs to get the **** out of here.

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-22-2006, 08:08 PM
You cannot honestly tell me, QB isnt a big problem. It sure as hell is up there. QB, LT and DT. Those are the 3 biggest needs. We either need production from JP, or he needs to get the **** out of here.

did you actually read the post or just look at the title?

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2006, 08:12 PM
did you actually read the post or just look at the title?
I read your post. You listed all of our 'needs'. But when you say someone is the 'least' of your problems, you are saying he isnt the biggest problem. I'm simply pointing out, its one of our most pressing needs.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
the only thing losman has achieved is a good pass rating.big friggin deal!!!!!how about some more points on the board?

goodkarma
10-22-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm not sold on JP, but I agree both OL and DL and possibly LB are higher priorities than QB.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Having rookie safeties doesn't help Clements or McGee either. Simpson is often found coming way late. I think he is on a tougher learning curve at free safety. Whitner is looking pretty good running around and making solid tackles, but isn't getting his hands on many passes.
I remember Tony Dungy having the same problems with this defense early on.

Nick Harper would be a great fit for obvious reasons. He will come cheaper that Clements, too. I'm sure McGee will grow into this scheme.

I think we will be replacing Fletcher and it will be early in the draft unless there is a starting quality MLB out there in FA who has experience in the Tampa-2. Fletcher is not good dropping back in pass coverage, which a MLB must often do in this system. (I like Patrick Willis out of Mississippi, but mid-late 1st round.)

One cannot say it enough....we have to get better at the line of scrimmage!
....on both sides of the ball.

I also think JP will still be here, but you can bet that if he doesn't improve, he will not be competing against Nall and Holcomb...there will be a rookie nipping at his heels.

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2006, 08:40 PM
1. Who drafts the players?
2. Who decides which players make the roster?
3. Who is responsible for instilling discipline in the team?
4. Who is responsible for motivating the team?
5. Who is responsible for preparing the team?
6. Who is reponsible for creating the gameplan?
7. Who is reponsible for making gametime calls/adjustments?
8. Who is responsible for holding players accountable for bad plays?
9. Who is responsible for getting players to play to their potential?

The poor play on the field is a symptom, not a cause, of the team's problem.

Philagape
10-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Before today I would have agreed with this thread, but JP's butter fingers are on him alone. He wasn't blindsided today. That's gotta stop before any progress means anything.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Before today I would have agreed with this thread, but JP's butter fingers are on him alone. He wasn't blindsided today. That's gotta stop before any progress means anything.

i'm tired of the fumbles too but the buttlickers don't want to mention that.they want to make excuses like the homers did for rob johnson.this is BS. :mad:

YardRat
10-22-2006, 08:46 PM
JP Losman is the least of the Buffalo Bills problems

:lmao:

Sorry...I just have to laugh my ass off every time I read this thread title.

:roflmao:

<!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button -->

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 08:49 PM
:lmao:

Sorry...I just have to laugh my ass off every time I read this thread title.

:roflmao:

<!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button -->

what's even funnier is that the buttlickers agree with him too.bunch of ****ing sad sacks... :mad:

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-22-2006, 09:56 PM
i'm tired of the fumbles too but the buttlickers don't want to mention that.they want to make excuses like the homers did for rob johnson.this is BS. :mad:

Just for the record i was a flutie fan

but do you honestly think if we replaced JP with Brady Quinn things would be different?

and for the record...where in that post did i make an excuse for JP Losman?<!-- / message -->

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 03:49 AM

Sounds to me like you are jumping ship on Losman now.

Cleve
10-23-2006, 08:47 AM
I'll be astonished if there's any kind of turnaround this season - especially after Ralph Wilson's comments yesterday, where he came right out and admitted this is a BAD team.

http://democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061023/SPORTS0103/610230332/1007/SPORTS

Wilson is right, but he's wrong. Yeah, he has wasted 5 years (more like 6, actually) but I don't know if it's appropriate to make a comment like that to the press, at least during the season. When the Lions were 0-5, was their owner making comments like that in public? It seems like all Wilson's words will do is serve to demoralize the team further.

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 08:51 AM
To say JP Losman is the "least of our problems " is ridiculous.

We have MANY big problems and the quarterback is one of them, and a big one at that.

What's said is the reality of how far this team is from being any kind of real contender.

Losman sucks, our OL sucks, our DT sucks, our secondary is overated, we have no consistent WR outside of Evans, our coaching staff looks outclassed and our head coach is looking more like a retread every week... We have a TON of problems and it doesnt help that this year's FA class solved NONE Of them.. NOT one.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Don't turn the ball over, and this team can at least show up against anybody.

Don't protect the ball and don't create any turnovers, and we flat out lose.

It's that simple.

You didn't watch the game if you think that JP's turnovers cost us the game. JP definately has his contribution to this loss but what about:

1) Evans dropping a perfectly thrown TD pass. Your #1 receiver gets paid to make that catch.

2) The Fletcher/Kelsay penalty that cost us 7 points.

3) The blown assignment by our veterean Villareal leading to a turnover by Losman.

4) Our inability to stop two runs for TD's from the 8 and 12 yard line. Goal line situations and you give up and average of 10 yards on the GROUND!!!!!!!

5) Special teams!!

6) McGee getting burned all day.

7) Fairchild. Nice way to waste a down. Put a reciever in as QB.

The score was not 14-3. It was 28-6. We didn't lose a close one.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 09:09 AM
http://democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061023/SPORTS0103/610230332/1007/SPORTS

Wilson is right, but he's wrong. Yeah, he has wasted 5 years (more like 6, actually) but I don't know if it's appropriate to make a comment like that to the press, at least during the season. When the Lions were 0-5, was their owner making comments like that in public? It seems like all Wilson's words will do is serve to demoralize the team further.

Good post on the article. I actually think that Ralph is going to open the check book this coming year. His comments on Pat Williams and Rueben Brown tell me that he admits that TD screwed this team. I like the fact that people realize that we are lacking some winners on this team. Good bye to the last remaining cry babies.

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 09:23 AM
You didn't watch the game if you think that JP's turnovers cost us the game. JP definately has his contribution to this loss but what about:

1) Evans dropping a perfectly thrown TD pass. Your #1 receiver gets paid to make that catch.

2) The Fletcher/Kelsay penalty that cost us 7 points.

3) The blown assignment by our veterean Villareal leading to a turnover by Losman.

4) Our inability to stop two runs for TD's from the 8 and 12 yard line. Goal line situations and you give up and average of 10 yards on the GROUND!!!!!!!

5) Special teams!!

6) McGee getting burned all day.

7) Fairchild. Nice way to waste a down. Put a reciever in as QB.

The score was not 14-3. It was 28-6. We didn't lose a close one.
1- Evans didnt drop the pass, the defender caught a peice of the ball and his arm.. It COULD have been caught, but dont make it sound like it simply went through his hands.

2) the Penalty was dumb, but even after they scored it was only 14-3, or right about when Losman officially went into the tank.

3) Villarrial did blow the assignment and it was his fault JP got hit.. Didnt know that was in JP's contract though that he has to fumble everytime he gets hit and it's not a coverage sack.

4) 14-3 with 2 minutes left in the half, we're inside the 30 and driving to make it a one-score game at the half. WHo was it again that TELEGRAPHED his FIFTH interception in the last 2.5 games? BTW, each and EVERY one of the int's during that span were HORRIBLE throws.. Oh, that was Losman wasn't it.

5) Who, when the score was 21-3 with 11:30 left in the game and on THREE CONSECUTIVE (and I counted trust me) plays took 40+ seconds to get a play off? Oh, it was Losman, the same guy who mailed it in for more than half this game.

6) Even though the game was decided, who lost the ball after colliding with a 60-year old ref? And who overthrew a wide open Andre Davis deep late in the game for a "pride" score?

Face it, Losman is EMBARRASING.

Losman may not have DIRECTLY LOST the game, but he didnt put the team in any POSITION to win it, and thats what a real quarterback does.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 10:03 AM
1- Evans didnt drop the pass, the defender caught a peice of the ball and his arm.. It COULD have been caught It was catchable!!

2) the Penalty was dumb, but even after they scored it was only 14-3, or right about when Losman officially went into the tank. 10-3 is alot different tha 14-3.

3) Villarrial did blow the assignment and it was his fault JP got hit.. Didnt know that was in JP's contract though that he has to fumble everytime he gets hit and it's not a coverage sack. JP shouldn't have coughed up the ball. We agree. But Villareal made his contribution and it wouldn't have been a turnover if he had acted like a vet.

4) 14-3 with 2 minutes left in the half, we're inside the 30 and driving to make it a one-score game at the half. WHo was it again that TELEGRAPHED his FIFTH interception in the last 2.5 games? BTW, each and EVERY one of the int's during that span were HORRIBLE throws.. Oh, that was Losman wasn't it. Losman's int. Nobody else to blame. We agree.

5) Who, when the score was 21-3 with 11:30 left in the game and on THREE CONSECUTIVE (and I counted trust me) plays took 40+ seconds to get a play off? Oh, it was Losman, the same guy who mailed it in for more than half this game. That's why we have coaches. This is unacceptable. We agree.

6) Even though the game was decided, who lost the ball after colliding with a 60-year old ref? And who overthrew a wide open Andre Davis deep late in the game for a "pride" score? The fumble was embarrassing and JP should be having nightmares about it. Davis is more to fault than JP on that play but an incompletion is an incompletion.

Losman may not have DIRECTLY LOST the game. That was my point, so you obviously agree with me. [/quote]