• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GFLuNEEDit
    Senior Zoner
    • Oct 2006

Here is what the Losman diehards.......

These Losman diehards fail to understand that the objective is to win a superbowl.

So that when you measure a QBs ability it shouldn't be compared to the losing QBs in the league or the losing QBs that played for the Bills in the past.

In order for the Bills to win a superbowl they need a QB that can compete with AFC QBs the likes of Brady, Rothlesburger , Manning, Palmer, Pennington and Cutler just to get to there.

Comparing him to the worst QBs is done intentionally to escape the issue.

And saying that the rest of the team is horrible doesn't change the fact that eventually you will need a QB that compares to this group if you ever intend to be in contention.

When and if they get to the point where they have fixed the defense , the offensive line and have found a better than average running back ,they still will need a QB that can compete with that group.

The only meaningful question in regards to the QB is.....is Losman on a par with this group of QBs ?
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Re: Here is what the Losman diehards.......

Obviously, no.
    However, benching him at this point does us no good.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
      Senior Zoner
      • Oct 2006

Obviously, no.
      However, benching him at this point does us no good.
      It's all the rationalising and being an apologist for him that does no good.

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla admin
        • Jul 2002

i'm not apologizing for him. He needs to work on his fundamentals. The turnovers are killing us. But he should be given the rest of the season to see if he can pull things together and get the job done. Benching him does no good. He is not the only problem this team has.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

The only people who compare Losman to the bad QBs are the ones who have a pathological hatred for the guy...if you wanna debate, stick to the facts and stop putting words in others' mouths
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GFLuNEEDit
            These Losman diehards fail to understand that the objective is to win a superbowl.

So that when you measure a QBs ability it shouldn't be compared to the losing QBs in the league or the losing QBs that played for the Bills in the past.

In order for the Bills to win a superbowl they need a QB that can compete with AFC QBs the likes of Brady, Rothlesburger , Manning, Palmer, Pennington and Cutler just to get to there.

Comparing him to the worst QBs is done intentionally to escape the issue.

And saying that the rest of the team is horrible doesn't change the fact that eventually you will need a QB that compares to this group if you ever intend to be in contention.

When and if they get to the point where they have fixed the defense , the offensive line and have found a better than average running back ,they still will need a QB that can compete with that group.

The only meaningful question in regards to the QB is.....is Losman on a par with this group of QBs ?
            First we need a HC then can compare to the coaches of the QB's on that list.

And what the hell has Jay Cutler proved to be on that list? He hasn't even played a regular season down in the NFL and you're comparing him to Manning, Brady and Palmer and a QB that is Super Bowl worthy. That comparison alone discredits anything you say after that.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
              Senior Zoner
              • Oct 2006

i'm not apologizing for him
              I didn't say you specificly.
              The forum is filled with posts on:

rationalising with meaningless stats

continuing to say that he is in effect still a rookie

or that criticising Losman isn't being a "true fan" as if anyone would want to aspire to that nonsense

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                That comparison alone discredits anything you say after that.
                What are you talking about? He discredited himself with that first sentence
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                  Senior Zoner
                  • Oct 2006

The only people who compare Losman to the bad QBs are the ones who have a pathological hatred for the guy...if you wanna debate, stick to the facts and stop putting words in others' mouths
                  You must be joking ?

Why would that be the case ?

Do I need to actually dig up the posts and paste them in here for you ?

Why would anyone who says that he doesnt measure up support him by saying he is no worse than another medocre QB ?

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

While its extremely frustrating that Losman makes the same mistakes week in and week out he is still the best option at QB and he is still young enough to hopefully learn from his mistakes.
                    Drew Brees was awful until his fourth year. Let Losman play out the year and then go from there. He has improved from last year and let's hope he will learn to throw the ball away when no one is open, he won't lock onto one receiver and he learns to hold on to the ball. Those are all correctable mistakes so I am not ready to bail on him yet. The coaching staff needs to work with him on these areas and devise a gameplan to limit his mistakes so he can mature.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Oct 2006

And what the hell has Jay Cutler proved to be on that list? He hasn't even played a regular season down in the NFL and you're comparing him to Manning, Brady and Palmer and a QB that is Super Bowl worthy. That comparison alone discredits anything you say after that.
                      Because I am saying now that Cutler will be a QB in this league and he will make it on that list.

As far as that discrediting my comments.......it is no more discrediting than when I said in advance that Losman wont make it....I was correct on that ...and there is no reason to believe that I am right on this also.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

You must be joking ?

Why would that be the case ?

Do I need to actually dig up the posts and paste them in here for you ?

Why would anyone who says that he doesnt measure up support him by saying he is no worse than another medocre QB ?
                        No, I'm not joking in the least...pasting them proves nothing...links are what I wanna see. As far as why that would be the case, well..let me get into the mind of a hater. By comparing him to bad QBs, it supports your stance that he'll always be a bad QB. Anyone who wants him to succeed would bring up good QBs...showing how they improved after struggling early on...cause it would show evidence that he could still improve like they did.
                        For someone who wants him to succeed to compare him to ****ty QBs would defy logic and all rational reasoning.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

I said in advance that Losman wont make it....I was correct on that ...and there is no reason to believe that I am right on this also.
                          So you're a psychic, huh? I have yet to see anyone from the Bills or actually involved in professional football come out and say he's a lost cause. I'll admit my doubts about him are increasing each game, but until I hear anyone say otherwise, he's still our starting QB which means there are still hopes he'll improve

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Oct 2006

No, I'm not joking in the least...pasting them proves nothing...links are what I wanna see. As far as why that would be the case, well..let me get into the mind of a hater. By comparing him to bad QBs, it supports your stance that he'll always be a bad QB. Anyone who wants him to succeed would bring up good QBs...showing how they improved after struggling early on...cause it would show evidence that he could still improve like they did.
                            For someone who wants him to succeed to compare him to ****ty QBs would defy logic and all rational reasoning.
                            No, it's the Losman diehards that want to say...just as a few examples..well the bills are no worse off with him than with bledsoe ...or what other option do we have ? holcolm ?

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Oct 2006

So you're a psychic, huh? I have yet to see anyone from the Bills or actually involved in professional football come out and say he's a lost cause. I'll admit my doubts about him are increasing each game, but until I hear anyone say otherwise, he's still our starting QB which means there are still hopes he'll improve
                              The Bills ?
                              Wake up.
                              The Bills will be the last to say it .

And you have never heard anyone invovled with pro football that doubt Losman's ability?
                              LOL
                              No one ?
                              All pro football insiders or former players agree that he is a future player at QB ?
                              LMFAO
                              You cannot be sane.

Comment

Working...
                              X