PDA

View Full Version : Here is what the Losman diehards.......

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 04:38 AM
These Losman diehards fail to understand that the objective is to win a superbowl.

So that when you measure a QBs ability it shouldn't be compared to the losing QBs in the league or the losing QBs that played for the Bills in the past.

In order for the Bills to win a superbowl they need a QB that can compete with AFC QBs the likes of Brady, Rothlesburger , Manning, Palmer, Pennington and Cutler just to get to there.

Comparing him to the worst QBs is done intentionally to escape the issue.

And saying that the rest of the team is horrible doesn't change the fact that eventually you will need a QB that compares to this group if you ever intend to be in contention.

When and if they get to the point where they have fixed the defense , the offensive line and have found a better than average running back ,they still will need a QB that can compete with that group.

The only meaningful question in regards to the QB is.....is Losman on a par with this group of QBs ?

shelby
10-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Obviously, no.
However, benching him at this point does us no good.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Obviously, no.
However, benching him at this point does us no good.

It's all the rationalising and being an apologist for him that does no good.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

shelby
10-23-2006, 04:46 AM
i'm not apologizing for him. He needs to work on his fundamentals. The turnovers are killing us. But he should be given the rest of the season to see if he can pull things together and get the job done. Benching him does no good. He is not the only problem this team has.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 04:57 AM
The only people who compare Losman to the bad QBs are the ones who have a pathological hatred for the guy...if you wanna debate, stick to the facts and stop putting words in others' mouths

BillsFever21
10-23-2006, 05:02 AM
These Losman diehards fail to understand that the objective is to win a superbowl.

So that when you measure a QBs ability it shouldn't be compared to the losing QBs in the league or the losing QBs that played for the Bills in the past.

In order for the Bills to win a superbowl they need a QB that can compete with AFC QBs the likes of Brady, Rothlesburger , Manning, Palmer, Pennington and Cutler just to get to there.

Comparing him to the worst QBs is done intentionally to escape the issue.

And saying that the rest of the team is horrible doesn't change the fact that eventually you will need a QB that compares to this group if you ever intend to be in contention.

When and if they get to the point where they have fixed the defense , the offensive line and have found a better than average running back ,they still will need a QB that can compete with that group.

The only meaningful question in regards to the QB is.....is Losman on a par with this group of QBs ?

First we need a HC then can compare to the coaches of the QB's on that list.

And what the hell has Jay Cutler proved to be on that list? He hasn't even played a regular season down in the NFL and you're comparing him to Manning, Brady and Palmer and a QB that is Super Bowl worthy. That comparison alone discredits anything you say after that.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 05:02 AM
i'm not apologizing for him
I didn't say you specificly.
The forum is filled with posts on:

rationalising with meaningless stats

continuing to say that he is in effect still a rookie

or that criticising Losman isn't being a "true fan" as if anyone would want to aspire to that nonsense

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 05:03 AM
That comparison alone discredits anything you say after that.What are you talking about? He discredited himself with that first sentence

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 05:07 AM
The only people who compare Losman to the bad QBs are the ones who have a pathological hatred for the guy...if you wanna debate, stick to the facts and stop putting words in others' mouths

You must be joking ?

Why would that be the case ?

Do I need to actually dig up the posts and paste them in here for you ?

Why would anyone who says that he doesnt measure up support him by saying he is no worse than another medocre QB ?

don137
10-23-2006, 05:08 AM
While its extremely frustrating that Losman makes the same mistakes week in and week out he is still the best option at QB and he is still young enough to hopefully learn from his mistakes.
Drew Brees was awful until his fourth year. Let Losman play out the year and then go from there. He has improved from last year and let's hope he will learn to throw the ball away when no one is open, he won't lock onto one receiver and he learns to hold on to the ball. Those are all correctable mistakes so I am not ready to bail on him yet. The coaching staff needs to work with him on these areas and devise a gameplan to limit his mistakes so he can mature.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 05:12 AM
And what the hell has Jay Cutler proved to be on that list? He hasn't even played a regular season down in the NFL and you're comparing him to Manning, Brady and Palmer and a QB that is Super Bowl worthy. That comparison alone discredits anything you say after that.

Because I am saying now that Cutler will be a QB in this league and he will make it on that list.

As far as that discrediting my comments.......it is no more discrediting than when I said in advance that Losman wont make it....I was correct on that ...and there is no reason to believe that I am right on this also.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 05:15 AM
You must be joking ?

Why would that be the case ?

Do I need to actually dig up the posts and paste them in here for you ?

Why would anyone who says that he doesnt measure up support him by saying he is no worse than another medocre QB ?
No, I'm not joking in the least...pasting them proves nothing...links are what I wanna see. As far as why that would be the case, well..let me get into the mind of a hater. By comparing him to bad QBs, it supports your stance that he'll always be a bad QB. Anyone who wants him to succeed would bring up good QBs...showing how they improved after struggling early on...cause it would show evidence that he could still improve like they did.
For someone who wants him to succeed to compare him to ****ty QBs would defy logic and all rational reasoning.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 05:18 AM
I said in advance that Losman wont make it....I was correct on that ...and there is no reason to believe that I am right on this also.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->So you're a psychic, huh? I have yet to see anyone from the Bills or actually involved in professional football come out and say he's a lost cause. I'll admit my doubts about him are increasing each game, but until I hear anyone say otherwise, he's still our starting QB which means there are still hopes he'll improve

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 05:18 AM
No, I'm not joking in the least...pasting them proves nothing...links are what I wanna see. As far as why that would be the case, well..let me get into the mind of a hater. By comparing him to bad QBs, it supports your stance that he'll always be a bad QB. Anyone who wants him to succeed would bring up good QBs...showing how they improved after struggling early on...cause it would show evidence that he could still improve like they did.
For someone who wants him to succeed to compare him to ****ty QBs would defy logic and all rational reasoning.

No, it's the Losman diehards that want to say...just as a few examples..well the bills are no worse off with him than with bledsoe ...or what other option do we have ? holcolm ?<!-- / message -->

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 05:20 AM
So you're a psychic, huh? I have yet to see anyone from the Bills or actually involved in professional football come out and say he's a lost cause. I'll admit my doubts about him are increasing each game, but until I hear anyone say otherwise, he's still our starting QB which means there are still hopes he'll improve

The Bills ?
Wake up.
The Bills will be the last to say it .

And you have never heard anyone invovled with pro football that doubt Losman's ability?
LOL
No one ?
All pro football insiders or former players agree that he is a future player at QB ?
LMFAO
You cannot be sane.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 05:22 AM
The Bills ?
Wake up.
The Bills will be the last to say it .
Point remains, as long as he's on our team, he's not a lost cause to the team...only to the fans who want him to fail

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 05:25 AM
I don't think benching Losman helps. All it will achieve is breaking something that is beginning to crack.

All that playing Nall might do, is at the very best provide a false dawn. In his 5 seasons he has not demonstrated that he can be anything more than a backup and I am very scared that if he comes in, is average/ok, it will give the management an excuse not to take advantage of the QB option in the 2007 draft.

There will be starting potential available in all the rounds on Day1.

Will they be better than JP? Who knows. Will they beat JP out? Who knows.

If we play Craig Nall, we must draft a pocket passer, a LT and have Nall be a caretaker for as long as it takes our draft pick to be ready.

If we draft Troy Smith for example, he can sit behind JP as the OL comes together and hopefully gels. They have similar traits.

However do not fail to understand, Craig Nall will only ever be a short term band aid in an area where we need to consider surgery. And he is so immobile, if they can sack JP they'll have an absolute field day. If he is called as a starter, place your bets on how many quarters he lasts until knocked out for the season

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 05:28 AM
The Packers had Nall on their roster and still drafted Aaron Rogers...they had other needs they could've addressed if they felt nall had a future. Instead they hoped to draft JP, and when we got him first, they went with Rogers

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 05:36 AM
Point remains, as long as he's on our team, he's not a lost cause to the team...only to the fans who want him to fail

So lets take a look at this bizzarre logic.....

By extention does this apply to the rest of the roster ?

If by virtue of the fact that Losman is still the QB it indicates that there MUST still be a good chance he will develope into a QB that can compete with the group of QBs I mentioned....then......

It should make sense to say that the O line still has hopes of getting up to snuff with the same cast of players they have now

or

The D line will start to get sacks from defensive ends other than Schobel,
one of then will turn into a pass rusher

or

I am wrong when I say that McGahee lacks the speed they advertised him to have because as long as he is on the roster there is the hope that he might be fast next week.
<!-- / message -->

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 05:47 AM
However do not fail to understand, Craig Nall will only ever be a short term band aid in an area where we need to consider surgery. And he is so immobile, if they can sack JP they'll have an absolute field day. If he is called as a starter, place your bets on how many quarters he lasts until knocked out for the season

The Packers had Nall on their roster and still drafted Aaron Rogers...they had other needs they could've addressed if they felt nall had a future. Instead they hoped to draft JP, and when we got him first, they went with Rogers

Excellent example of what I referered to in this post.

Let me say it again.....

It doesnt matter what Nall is or what he can do....

And a thinly disguised pat on the back for Losman because you claim they hoped to draft Losman instead is pathetic.

Tell me how much of what Brady or Manning or Palmer can do that Losman can also do. Tell me how close Losman is to competing with those QBs.

Don't give us this BS about Green Bay wanting to draft Losman....who cares
and just how do you know that? Show me Green Bay saying that !

Who could possibly give a **** about a rumor that Green Bay wanted Losman. What relevance does it have in regard to how he plays ? It has none ! Just meaningless BS .

You tell me I was wrong.. that the Losman diehards dont engauge in comparing him to mediocre QBs to serve thier purpose of propping him up and right here in this same thread no more than a few minutes elapse and here it is

And it's none other than you doing it !

LMFAO !!!!!
<!-- / message -->

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 05:50 AM
To an extent, it does apply to the rest of the roster, yes...although in some cases, they've had a long time to prove themselves and have yet to do so. The O-line, for example, has to work as a unit, no matter who's playing on it. You could have All-Pros all across the line but unless they play as a unit, they're gonna suck.
As far as sacks, I'm not a big fan of using stats, but since you brought it up, Schobel has 3, Denney has 3, and Kelsay has 4...so what was that you were saying?

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 06:06 AM
As far as sacks, I'm not a big fan of using stats, but since you brought it up, Schobel has 3, Denney has 3, and Kelsay has 4...so what was that you were saying?

Exactly why I keep saying that people like you are hopelessly gullible.

Some how you will find a way to convince yourself by rationalising the irrational... just like putting kelsay and denny on a par with schobel as a pass rusher.

You make my point for me.

It's not the reality that is important to people like you, it's belief. What you want to believe.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 06:24 AM
Exactly why I keep saying that people like you are hopelessly gullible.

Some how you will find a way to convince yourself by rationalising the irrational... just like putting kelsay and denny on a par with schobel as a pass rusher.

You make my point for me.

It's not the reality that is important to people like you, it's belief. What you want to believe.
ahhh....so you resort to personal attacks...typical..I proved you wrong and that's your only defense